• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe no worse then 20/100 but don't hold me too it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by tbcota25 View Post
      Hahaha all of NJ is a **** hole... I meant the offices... Like are they decent offices to work out of

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
      Didn't an Air Marshal shoot himself in the leg up in Jersey
      OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
        I know in 2013 a FAM got off his flight in Syracuse, NY walked outside pulled his service pistol and shot himself in the head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
          It was Newark.. Guy shot himself while in the locker room.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
            It was Newark.. Guy shot himself while in the locker room.
            damn
            Its Showtime! -- "The Icon" -- Sting.

Comment

• Originally posted by eastwest2300 View Post
              damn
              No sleep is like being intoxicated.
              OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tbcota25 View Post
                Hahaha all of NJ is a **** hole... I meant the offices... Like are they decent offices to work out of

ACTUALLY, even though I don't live there anymore, there are decent parts of NJ. 20-25 minutes south of EWR, is Clark, Cranford, Westfield, Garwood. All nice little quaint towns in my opinion (and I know there are others that I haven't mentioned).

In south Jersey there are areas that look like farm lands of way upstate New York.

Comment

• Well I threw my hat in the ring. We shall see what happens!

Here is an article describing what was mentioned:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/us/fed...ion/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                    This was the original question... And YES FAMS ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY THEIR DUTY WEAPONS OCONUS depending on the diplomatic agreement. I've been to 2 locations in which I was able to walk of the plane, go through customs, get in a cab, and arrive at my hotel with my duty weapon still on my hip.
                    Like the typical answer, it depends. It also works the other way around to where foreign Protective Agents legally carry within the US.
                    Last edited by Harrista; 01-12-2016, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by h8_the_w8 View Post
                      I just applied but I have a question for those who know more than I do...Is this a feasible career choice for someone with a family?
                      I understand this requires a lot of traveling, but I wonder if this would be a good foot in the door to the FLEO world!
                      No, it is not feasible for someone with a family. I am aware of a few marriages getting very stressed. One point of data, a friend had just had a second child, and with family obligations, constant OCONUS travel, there dang dog died from neglect. Time will not be there if you're put at a large FO.

On OCONUS carry; I've never heard of a FAM being permitted to do so past a certain point. Certainly not in the 'proper' of the Nations I arrived in.
                      Last edited by Brightshape; 01-14-2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brightshape View Post
                        No, it is not feasible for someone with a family. I am aware of a few marriages getting very stressed. One point of data, a friend had just had a second child, and with family obligations, constant OCONUS travel, there dang dog died from neglect. Time will not be there if you're put at a large FO.

On OCONUS carry; I've never heard of a FAM being permitted to do so past a certain point. Certainly not in the 'proper' of the Nations I arrived in.
                        I was married with 2 kids and I lasted almost 5 years flying. It's doable, depends on your situation. In most cases the longest you are gone is a 5 or 6 day trip. Many of my buddies are married with kids. I transitioned to an agency in which 1811's can be stuck on TDY for up to 120 days within a week's notice. Bottom line, each family situation is different and has to examined case by case.

As far as OCONUS missions, again YES there are some locations in which you are armed internationally. There are two places I carried OCONUS. My old FO was the only office to fly to both destinations.
                        Last edited by UCLA1998; 01-14-2016, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• I think it's pretty funny that people are having the 'FAMS DONT CARRY OVERSEAS AT ALL' argument. Like it really happens. Its about the agreements had between nations, like a SOFA agreement. I mean I remember carrying overseas off duty on MP creds. C'mon, MP CREDS, let that sink. If I could get creds to carry OCONUS, what makes you think that it is impossible that a full fledged FLEO like FAMS don't have places where the same courtesy is extended?

Comment

• Not a funny argument at all! I'm a FAM (for one more day), and didn't know that! Arrival procedures vary from country to country, and if your office doesn't go to that location, you wouldn't know what to do you once you step off the plane. I know guys in my office have raised the question of carrying in one particular location, and we were told it flat out wouldn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                              I think it's pretty funny that people are having the 'FAMS DONT CARRY OVERSEAS AT ALL' argument. Like it really happens. Its about the agreements had between nations, like a SOFA agreement. I mean I remember carrying overseas off duty on MP creds. C'mon, MP CREDS, let that sink. If I could get creds to carry OCONUS, what makes you think that it is impossible that a full fledged FLEO like FAMS don't have places where the same courtesy is extended?
                              Because in the civilian Federal Government there is this problem called Bureaucracy. Add in upper management ineptness and making policy or orders and presto nothing pans out like should.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                                Because in the civilian Federal Government there is this problem called Bureaucracy. Add in upper management ineptness and making policy or orders and presto nothing pans out like should.
                                My friend, it seems as if you are giving too much credit to military government decision makers, once you get to a point, they have the same bureaucracy mucking up stuff. Look at how they are handling the LEOSA for their military and civvy LE, bureaucracy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6730 users online. 336 members and 6394 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X