Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cpusername View Post
    I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know if OPM will send out a bunch of people to do interviews? That is how my DoD clearance functioned, they sent out tons of people to interview all the people you put in your SF86. The adjudication took months because some people couldn't be reached and what not.
    I've never had a clearance before, but if that is the case, couldn't we potentially be looking at start dates late this year as opposed to the next few months if it takes that long to complete the adjudication process?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyWNC View Post

I've never had a clearance before, but if that is the case, couldn't we potentially be looking at start dates late this year as opposed to the next few months if it takes that long to complete the adjudication process?
      I think it's just an interim clearance for the time being. Interim clearances are much faster to ontain but are only temporary. The final clearance will take much longer but the interim will allow you to work until the he final clearance is approved.

Comment

• Anybody else still waiting on the e-qip email
        stay humble

Comment

• anyone who did not receive a check mark on SD still got any hope?

Comment

• Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
            Anybody else still waiting on the e-qip email
            I'm still waiting. I got my COE on 3/16, so I figured I would get it later this week or next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeWhy23 View Post
              I'm still waiting. I got my COE on 3/16, so I figured I would get it later this week or next week.
              Oh alright some people that got the offer on 3/16 got access last Friday. Hopefully we'll get the email this week
              stay humble

Comment

• Originally posted by cpusername View Post
                I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know if OPM will send out a bunch of people to do interviews? That is how my DoD clearance functioned, they sent out tons of people to interview all the people you put in your SF86. The adjudication took months because some people couldn't be reached and what not.

2. Anyone here planning to get suited up with haircuts for the poly/medical portion? I read the FAMs policy for grooming and attire changed to help blend in. I grew my hair out but cut it for the job interview. Now that the interview is over, I don't want to cut it again for an arbitrary meeting. This might sound silly but I wanted to hear the views of others. It is too easy to pick up military/law enforcement personnel based on their appearance and mandated hair styles.
                I currently work on the OPM contract doing security clearance investigations which is now investigated through the National Background Investigations Bureau (NBIB). OPM solely does adjudications now. The way it works, items are assigned to investigators in the area he item is in. 1 Investigator won't get the entire case. There's no guarantee on when the items will be assigned, but when they are the investigator is given approximately 10 days to attempt to complete the item they were given. I think the last estimate was there is approximately a 6 year backlog worth of work for the amount of investigators currently employed. But agencies can pay extra to have the investigation prioritized to be completed quicker.

Comment

• A little bit of conflicting information regarding the poly/medical scheduling, but I just got the call to schedule medical the day after Poly in AC. So I get to extend my vacation a lil and get all this knocked out with one stone. BOOM

Comment

• Originally posted by davidjbar View Post
                    A little bit of conflicting information regarding the poly/medical scheduling, but I just got the call to schedule medical the day after Poly in AC. So I get to extend my vacation a lil and get all this knocked out with one stone. BOOM
                    Still waiting on my call.. Submitted SF86 on 3/15. Hopefully they call soon, the plane tickets might be cheaper the further out i buy them

Comment

• Originally posted by 0311 Roughneck View Post

Still waiting on my call.. Submitted SF86 on 3/15. Hopefully they call soon, the plane tickets might be cheaper the further out i buy them
                      It's only been a few days not including the weekend. You'll get the call some time this week in sure.

Comment

• I'm still waiting on the eqip. I received my CoE 3/6. I've called the help desk and they told me that I just need to wait for my eqip email. I wonder why it's taking so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
                          Anybody else still waiting on the e-qip email
                          Coe on 3/2 no eqip email yet

Comment

• Originally posted by davidjbar View Post

It's only been a few days not including the weekend. You'll get the call some time this week in sure.
                            Davidjbar has the right idea. I submitted my EQIP on 3/6 and received my poly call today, but we all understand it is hard to be patient. They advised that medical should be following up once poly is scheduled to schedule medical at approximately the same time. Hopefully I get that call in the next week so I know whether to plan for two days or just one day in AC.

Comment

• Originally posted by c_morg View Post

Davidjbar has the right idea. I submitted my EQIP on 3/6 and received my poly call today, but we all understand it is hard to be patient. They advised that medical should be following up once poly is scheduled to schedule medical at approximately the same time. Hopefully I get that call in the next week so I know whether to plan for two days or just one day in AC.
                              They'll schedule your medical the next day after your poly. They said the poly could take up to 6 hours and the medical 4 or 5. Plan to be there two days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speakezy019 View Post

I currently work on the OPM contract doing security clearance investigations which is now investigated through the National Background Investigations Bureau (NBIB). OPM solely does adjudications now. The way it works, items are assigned to investigators in the area he item is in. 1 Investigator won't get the entire case. There's no guarantee on when the items will be assigned, but when they are the investigator is given approximately 10 days to attempt to complete the item they were given. I think the last estimate was there is approximately a 6 year backlog worth of work for the amount of investigators currently employed. But agencies can pay extra to have the investigation prioritized to be completed quicker.
                                Great knowledge. Thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4695 users online. 188 members and 4507 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X