Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
    Random, has anybody received a green check over Background check?
    I don't believe anyone has gotten that far considering it appears polygraph's, to those who have been invited, won't be administered until dates in April.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
      Random, has anybody received a green check over Background check?
      You have to pass the Polygraph before the green checkmark pops up.

      Comment


      • Question, I was given seven calendar days to submit my EQIP. Many of you, as well as the dashboard, gives a 21 day time limit. Can anybody tell me why I was given only 7 days? Also, and I think this is important information, I had already submitted an SF 86 for a CBP application I have going. I'm thinking that may be it. Just curious if anybody was also given the same information via the emails.

        Thanks!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rms0012 View Post
          Question, I was given seven calendar days to submit my EQIP. Many of you, as well as the dashboard, gives a 21 day time limit. Can anybody tell me why I was given only 7 days? Also, and I think this is important information, I had already submitted an SF 86 for a CBP application I have going. I'm thinking that may be it. Just curious if anybody was also given the same information via the emails.

          Thanks!
          Yeah, the dashboard says 21 days, but for whatever reason we are only getting 7. It has nothing to do with whether or not you've submitted an sf86 recently. I haven't filed one out in over 10 years and only got 7 days to complete it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rms0012 View Post
            Question, I was given seven calendar days to submit my EQIP. Many of you, as well as the dashboard, gives a 21 day time limit. Can anybody tell me why I was given only 7 days? Also, and I think this is important information, I had already submitted an SF 86 for a CBP application I have going. I'm thinking that may be it. Just curious if anybody was also given the same information via the emails.

            Thanks!
            When I got the COE call the lady said 7 days to submit regardless of what dashboard says. When I got the emails it stated the same thing, only 7 days to submit.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by davidjbar View Post

              When I got the COE call the lady said 7 days to submit regardless of what dashboard says. When I got the emails it stated the same thing, only 7 days to submit.
              Thanks for the info guys!

              Comment


              • For those who completed their e-QIP, where exactly do you attach the hand signed documents and resume?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MCXV View Post
                  For those who completed their e-QIP, where exactly do you attach the hand signed documents and resume?
                  By the conclusion of the SF 86, after the review and verification, you should have been brought to a page where you could upload any other security forms requested. That's where you should've uploaded the 4 docs.

                  At this point I would suggest reaching out to your handler for guidance. They'll likely tell you to send them directly to them.

                  Comment


                  • You have to upload a resume?
                    stay humble

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
                      You have to upload a resume?
                      It's just an updated resume. All you have to do is download your resume from usajobs and resubmit it with the other documents.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by phillyman2010 View Post

                        By the conclusion of the SF 86, after the review and verification, you should have been brought to a page where you could upload any other security forms requested. That's where you should've uploaded the 4 docs.

                        At this point I would suggest reaching out to your handler for guidance. They'll likely tell you to send them directly to them.
                        Much thanks. I should be finished tomrrow.

                        Comment


                        • Do you get a confirmation email or anything after you submit the e-QIP or just have to wait a week or so for the call?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fed2005 View Post
                            Do you get a confirmation email or anything after you submit the e-QIP or just have to wait a week or so for the call?
                            No confirmation e-mail, but after submitting it I did try to log back in and it wouldn't let me, so maybe thats kind of like a confirmation? But I did get a call to schedule polygraph first week of April 2 days after i submittied.

                            Comment


                            • I have two questions:

                              1. Does anyone know if OPM will send out a bunch of people to do interviews? That is how my DoD clearance functioned, they sent out tons of people to interview all the people you put in your SF86. The adjudication took months because some people couldn't be reached and what not.

                              2. Anyone here planning to get suited up with haircuts for the poly/medical portion? I read the FAMs policy for grooming and attire changed to help blend in. I grew my hair out but cut it for the job interview. Now that the interview is over, I don't want to cut it again for an arbitrary meeting. This might sound silly but I wanted to hear the views of others. It is too easy to pick up military/law enforcement personnel based on their appearance and mandated hair styles.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by cpusername View Post
                                I have two questions:


                                2. Anyone here planning to get suited up with haircuts for the poly/medical portion? I read the FAMs policy for grooming and attire changed to help blend in. I grew my hair out but cut it for the job interview. Now that the interview is over, I don't want to cut it again for an arbitrary meeting. This might sound silly but I wanted to hear the views of others. It is too easy to pick up military/law enforcement personnel based on their appearance and mandated hair styles.
                                Just look presentable. I conducted my interview with a beard and I was fine. If you have longer hair or facial hair just make sure it's well groomed.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8946 users online. 430 members and 8516 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X