300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tbcota25 View Post
    Haha yeah I got an answer from someone already... So I changed the original post lol are you a current federal employee or vet?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    I'm a fed contractor and national guard member. Just short of fed status and vets preference haha story of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by harrig104 View Post
      I'm a fed contractor and national guard member. Just short of fed status and vets preference haha story of my life.

Damn... You with the 27th brigade? I'm a GS-9 here at the 174th air guard. Thankful I meet both the fed employee and vet requirements

Comment

• Any benefits from applying to both openings?

Comment

• Originally posted by echat12 View Post
          No, you can never carry your firearm in OCONUS. That's not changing and hasn't changed. You are a federal law enforcement officer, which does not carry over outside the USA

There was country we would carry in. They even issued us permits. It's all about the agreement with the host country. I carried on a few occasions OCONUS.
          Last edited by UCLA1998; 01-11-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• I just applied but I have a question for those who know more than I do...Is this a feasible career choice for someone with a family?
            I understand this requires a lot of traveling, but I wonder if this would be a good foot in the door to the FLEO world!

Comment

• Originally posted by h8_the_w8 View Post
              I just applied but I have a question for those who know more than I do...Is this a feasible career choice for someone with a family?
              I understand this requires a lot of traveling, but I wonder if this would be a good foot in the door to the FLEO world!
              it's no secret that the FAMS is one of the most stressful and demanding law enforcement jobs in government.

Comment

• Originally posted by LubbockBound View Post
                it's no secret that the FAMS is one of the most stressful and demanding law enforcement jobs in government.
                FAMS gig isn't stressful at all.. It can be tiresome because of traveling and jetlag. As far as family it can be tough regarding family events such as holidays and B-days. It's gotten better since I came on 6 years ago. They use to give us split RDO's and no OT. Like I said before, it's a great job to get your foot into the door.

Comment

No, you can never carry your firearm in OCONUS. That's not changing and hasn't changed. You are a federal law enforcement officer, which does not carry over outside the USA

As stated.....that is a VERY INCORRECT STATEMENT.......

I guess I was seeing things a month ago when my crew and I were outside the wire in Africa and NCIS, DCIS, CID, OSI, and DSS were all packing weapons.......as we did our stuff...?

Comment

I'm a FAM. It can't get more accurate than that. There is no country in which a FAM can carry his weapon abroad. We just don't have the authority or the passport.
                    Not sure where you are flying to.....but dudes flying into FRA are damn sure carrying once they get here....same with a few other places I've hooked up with them to hang out on my free time.........

Comment

I'm a FAM. It can't get more accurate than that. There is no country in which a FAM can carry his weapon abroad. We just don't have the authority or the passport.
                      I was a FAM also. You were not in my FO so you have no idea where you can or can't be armed OCONUS. I flew for 4 years before leaving for an 1811 gig 3 years ago.. We were able to keep our duty weapons in one country to my knowledge. I know, because I had several missions there and I was issued a permit...
                      Last edited by UCLA1998; 01-12-2016, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbcota25 View Post
                        So the queens and Newark offices are that bad?

Are you under the impression Newark NJ is a nice place?

Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                        Any benefits from applying to both openings?
                        Yes. You might be the least qualified Fed/Vet who applies, but near the top for US citizen announcement. You will be considered for both and neither used against the other. But I recommend making sure your questionnaire (rate your experience A-E multiple choice) match.
                        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                          Are you under the impression Newark NJ is a nice place?

Yes. You might be the least qualified Fed/Vet who applies, but near the top for US citizen announcement. You will be considered for both and neither used against the other. But I recommend making sure your questionnaire (rate your experience A-E multiple choice) match.
                          Hahaha all of NJ is a **** hole... I meant the offices... Like are they decent offices to work out of

Comment

• Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

I think the point is, depending on the storage policies, you may physically carry your weapon off the plane until you get to where you store it, but you have no legal authority to carry or use the weapon in another country. That's what I think the question was, since he asked about off-duty.
                            Last edited by echat12; 01-12-2016, 05:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
                              Question......don't know if it is sensitive information that can't be released but I'll ask.

Are FAMs allowed to carry their duty weapon outside of on board an airliner? For example, after arriving at domestic/international locations, can you keep your weapon concealed while walking around any given destination?
                              This was the original question... And YES FAMS ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY THEIR DUTY WEAPONS OCONUS depending on the diplomatic agreement. I've been to 2 locations in which I was able to walk of the plane, go through customs, get in a cab, and arrive at my hotel with my duty weapon still on my hip.

Comment

• anyone know what the vision requirements are for FAMS?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10442 users online. 319 members and 10123 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X