Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Same process here. I finished my EQIP as of 3/5. Just waiting to hear about the polygraph and medical.

    On a side note: Are there any current FAMS or prospective FAMS in the DFW area. I was just thinking it might be interesting to get together sometime and have coffee or something.

    Comment


    • C_Morg
      Was the e-quip completed online or did you download the pdf file, I would like to start working on it before getting the email since its almost 200 pages but I would hate to have it ready but not be able to use the file.

      Comment


      • It was all online. Luckily for me like a few others, I literally just did renewed my TS-SCI with my previous agency so mine was already up to date. I didn't really have to change anything besides an address and contact info for a few.

        Comment


        • Hey guys! Just waiting on the call, got the check. Do you think there's any chance they'll take my EQIP for my CBP application for the FAMS spot? Humor me if that's a silly question, I'm a local LEO with very little hands on knowledge of security clearances.

          Comment


          • Just in case:

            Took a look at the dashboard and noticed several different forms available for download and a listing of all medical centers for each location. I do not know if we are to schedule this on our own or what but I figured i would key everyone in on the extra forms.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by c_morg View Post
              Just in case:

              Took a look at the dashboard and noticed several different forms available for download and a listing of all medical centers for each location. I do not know if we are to schedule this on our own or what but I figured i would key everyone in on the extra forms.
              Is that only on people who have their selection decision check or is it for people who already got the call?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by rms0012 View Post

                Is that only on people who have their selection decision check or is it for people who already got the call?
                That is a good question. It may even change if you haven't turned in your SF86. For instance when I submitted my SF86 I got a star over background. Please check it out and look under the help tab. Let me know what you find.

                Comment


                • Are they still handing out checkmarks for Selection Decision? Still haven't received one. Also, anyone not a vet/LEO receive a checkmark/offer?

                  Comment


                  • This is probably a silly question and I apaologize if it's already been asked. Do you get locality pay of your field office during training?
                    Last edited by Hanson37; 03-07-2017, 10:40 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hanson37 View Post
                      This is probably a silly question and I apaologize if it's already been asked. Do you get locality pay of your field office during training?
                      probably not since the first part of training is in New Mexico so I doubt they'll pay you locality pay for a big city while you're in a small town but I could be wrong.

                      stay humble

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
                        probably not since the first part of training is in New Mexico so I doubt they'll pay you locality pay for a big city while you're in a small town but I could be wrong.
                        I thought the same thing but some of us already live in the city where we will be working.

                        Comment


                        • Just wonder the timeline of things. If you have to move to a new location do you get time to do that after training?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
                            Are they still handing out checkmarks for Selection Decision? Still haven't received one. Also, anyone not a vet/LEO receive a checkmark/offer?
                            I believe somebody said earlier that the selection decision is a 3 week process. It looks like there were some people who received a check mark on Friday and Monday. I am not a vet/LEO and I received my check mark on Monday. Now just waiting on the offer.

                            Comment


                            • Just an overall question, did any of your refereces received calls?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hanson37 View Post
                                This is probably a silly question and I apaologize if it's already been asked. Do you get locality pay of your field office during training?
                                As someone who has gone through the process I hope I can provide you all with some General info (nothing specific, operational, or SSI).

                                You get locality during training but not LEAP. You'll get LEAP once you graduate.

                                Regarding moving expenses and time. That's on you. You'll have to use Leave you accrue during training/transfer (if former fed) to do all that. You won't be taking any leave during training so you'll have a decent chunk saved up.

                                Not to burst anyone's bubble, but from the COE to training is a long ways away (as in months). Many will be dropped because of the poly, medical, etc. That's not to sound pessimistic. It's just reality. Good luck to all of you. The gig and money is pretty good if you get it.
                                Last edited by HiFlyR; 03-07-2017, 11:48 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10977 users online. 431 members and 10546 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X