Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MCXV View Post

How do you like the change of career?
    Fams is super chill. Almost zero paper work or admin items. 1811 there's zero OT, zero Sunday pay, zero night diff. Everything is LEAP.

Fams you you do not receive calls outside of work scheduled day, 1811 co workers, bosses, AUSAs call at all times of the night.

Fams unless you make SFAM (which 99% wont) you won't make much higher than 102/103k a year with colas, increases are hard to come by. If a FAM and an 1811 EOD same day, 5 years in that 1811 will be making 15-20k more.
    Last edited by Esco; 03-05-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• I guess it's a trade off. Would you rather deal with paperwork, case management, calls in the middle of the night or spend 25 years taking off, reaching cruising altitude, riding the skies, then preparing for landing?

One of the rewarding aspects to 1811 work is that sense of accomplishment when two or three years of work and toil comes to fruition and the Big Takedown happens and the world is made a better place.

It is not the well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and hungry-looking.

-Julius Ceasar

Comment

• Long time lurker, first time poster! This is my 2nd time through the process, first time I got a stop sign at "selection decision." This time I interviewed on 1/26, got my check mark on "referred for selection" on 2/24, and now I have a star on "selection decision" again. I've been reading throughout and am confused. Some people have been saying they've interviewed at places not listed as hiring on application, and are hoping to get hired by that field office. Are there more than the original 13 field offices (El Segundo,CA; San Fransisco,CA; Sunrise,FL; College Park,GA; Chicago,IL; Chelsea,MA; Romulus,MI; West Orange,NJ; Queens, NY; Tinicum,PA; Coppell, TX; Houston,TX; Chantilly,VA) hiring?

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeWhy23 View Post
          Long time lurker, first time poster! This is my 2nd time through the process, first time I got a stop sign at "selection decision." This time I interviewed on 1/26, got my check mark on "referred for selection" on 2/24, and now I have a star on "selection decision" again. I've been reading throughout and am confused. Some people have been saying they've interviewed at places not listed as hiring on application, and are hoping to get hired by that field office. Are there more than the original 13 field offices (El Segundo,CA; San Fransisco,CA; Sunrise,FL; College Park,GA; Chicago,IL; Chelsea,MA; Romulus,MI; West Orange,NJ; Queens, NY; Tinicum,PA; Coppell, TX; Houston,TX; Chantilly,VA) hiring?
          Simply put, no. Applicants are allowed to interview at the nearest field office where they are located.

Comment

• Okay just making sure because I interviewed at the field office closest to me, and they said they weren't hiring. I also heard that the selection process takes 2-3 weeks to complete. Anyone else hear this?

Comment

• If you have a check mark over selection decision does that mean you're getting s conditional offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hanson37 View Post
                If you have a check mark over selection decision does that mean you're getting s conditional offer?
                Pretty much. It may just take a lil bit to get around to calling. Question for you....how did the conversation go when you called about your selection decision status?

Comment

• The suspense!

Comment

• So I never got called to start the process yet. Is this a sign I didn't get selected?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post
                      So I never got called to start the process yet. Is this a sign I didn't get selected?
                      Did you ever interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post
                        So I never got called to start the process yet. Is this a sign I didn't get selected?
                        yea, this is very vague.
                        stay humble

Comment

• For those still wondering about the selection decision process, hang in there. I just got my check mark over SD this afternoon.

Comment

• I also got a check mark for selection decision today. But it doesn't show anything next to location. How do those of you selected know what field office you got selected for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fed2005 View Post
                              I also got a check mark for selection decision today. But it doesn't show anything next to location. How do those of you selected know what field office you got selected for?
                              I believe you have to wait for the Conditional Offer phone call. The call comes from your assigned office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fed2005 View Post
                                I also got a check mark for selection decision today. But it doesn't show anything next to location. How do those of you selected know what field office you got selected for?
                                I wish I knew myself. I feel like going down the street to the nearest fortune teller and asking her because at this point her explanations would make more sense and be more timely than this particular stage in the process has been for me. Time to find that crystal ball and get scammed for my hard earned money...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11354 users online. 389 members and 10965 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X