Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like fams like to hire vets and LE, correct? Someone with just a degree and internship won't cut it?
    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
      Seems like fams like to hire vets and LE, correct? Someone with just a degree and internship won't cut it?
      A Vet gets priority, LE is nice on the resume during the interview, but no extra points.....

Apply for it, the worst that happens is they say no... Just because you aren't a Vet or LE, is not an automatic DQ..

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
        Some countries yes and some no.. The exact protocols are classified.
        From what I have been told....that's been changing.....and not for the good.....

Comment

• Public announcement is open.....

Once again: Newark and Queens....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            Public announcement is open.....

Once again: Newark and Queens....
            Horrific locations!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by GoELoH View Post
              Horrific locations!!!

Welcome to the FAMS. No more low cost areas will ever be available. Take it or leave it. How it is, if you really want in.

Comment

• No, you can never carry your firearm in OCONUS. That's not changing and hasn't changed. You are a federal law enforcement officer, which does not carry over outside the USA

Comment

• Originally posted by echat12 View Post
                  No, you can never carry your firearm in OCONUS. That's not changing and hasn't changed. You are a federal law enforcement officer, which does not carry over outside the USA

This is incorrect, please try to not post information you do not know to be accurate. DSS is Federal law enforcement. They are allowed their firearm overseas, as is Secret Service in limited circumstances. FAMS is no exception.

You are correct, MOST countries you cannot carry. However, certain countries are so dangerous that the FAMS have agreements to allow carrying. I will not get in to details besides that. Like Bearcat said, it may be going away, but I was a FAM and haven't been out more than a year yet. It was still that way when I left. I know a few co-workers who went to certain places overseas and were allowed to keep their firearms.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoELoH View Post
                    Horrific locations!!!

As I said before, those will always be the locations open for FAMS. MAYBE DC or LA. Thats about it. Get used to it. I hope this response was more sarcastic then actual disbelief. If you choose to apply, don't plan on ever transferring, will not happen. Again just stating facts. Good luck.

Comment

• Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

The question was in regards to off-duty carry
                      Last edited by echat12; 01-12-2016, 04:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by echat12 View Post
                        I'm a FAM. It can't get more accurate than that. There is no country in which a FAM can carry his weapon abroad. We just don't have the authority or the passport.
                        I stand by what I said. Perhaps we were based in dfferent offices and flew to different places. I PM'd you. Unless procedures have changed since April, the country I mentioned in the PM DID let you carry once you landed. I agree though, MAJORITY of countries you fly to, you will not be able to carry.

Comment

• Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

So the queens and Newark offices are that bad?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by tbcota25; 01-11-2016, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbcota25 View Post
                            Hey there just wondering if you could answer a a question for me. I am applying for the FAMS postings for queens and Newark. I live in Syracuse, NY... Just wondering how the whole reporting into the office works... Could I be hired for one of those places and still live in Syracuse? Or do I have to end up moving? Kind of a dumb question but I'm curious.

I'm also in 'cuse. From what I hear you must live within a certain distance from the field office. You do work out of the field office when you aren't flying. So yes, plan on moving to the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by harrig104 View Post
                              I'm also in 'cuse. From what I hear you must live within a certain distance from the field office. You do work out of the field office when you aren't flying. So yes, plan on moving to the city.

Haha yeah I got an answer from someone already... So I changed the original post lol are you a current federal employee or vet?

Comment

• The last FAMS posting I remember was open for a month and a half. This one is just a week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5408 users online. 282 members and 5126 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X