300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
    Bro.. You have no idea.. 12 hour days on triangles and getting delayed 8 out 10 times.. Stuck in traffic, making it for showtime pre checks, 4 hours later your on a 8-10 hour flight.. Sitting in a patrol car is easy.. You can get out the car, go eat lunch and interact with people. If you become a become a FAM holla at me 5 years.. Lol..

Add in missed holidays and Christmas and thanksgiving chillin in DCA looking at the word delayed on the board. ALSO FYI you candidates better watch what you post on here. I know IA FAMS who lerk on here looking for idiots. Don't believe me ask some of the older guys on here..
    Are there going to be any openings for IA FAMS?
    OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
      That was a crazy case I just read thanks to bearcat's link. It makes me wonder if he was spot on with his information or was he way off base and they just used it to can someone who talked too much. Obviously no one answer this, I'm just thinking out loud.

People in every agency are getting in trouble on social media over work stuff more and more, but when you get into OPSEC it's a lot more serious and usually more than an ***** chewing or letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
        Just to add as well-if you are a current Fam do yourself a favor and don't mention any numbers; especially how many you think they are planning to hire from this announcement. TSA likes to abuse that SSI classification thing and jam just about anybody up with it. So even if you don't know the actual numbers and are only speculating, you are going to get fire for disclosing SSI.
        If you look at my postings when I worked for FAMS Ops Center...... I barely posted. No way in the world did I want the Supervisors there to know who I was for a reason....

Comment

Last edited by Lee23; 03-06-2016, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
            Are there going to be any openings for IA FAMS?
            Not sure, but they are internal positions.

Comment

• So there was a FAMS open house in NY a few days ago, that I was unable to attend, but from those who did attend. Some topics were Fams are shooting for 2 classes this year, and the first Academy is June. The specific on how many they are looking to hire couldn't be answered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
                Is the opening on USA jobs?

Can someone please post a link if possible.

Thank You.
                The opening now is only for Vets and Fed employees
                Federal Air Marshal
                https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/425467200

Comment

• One more day before the "All US Citizens" announcement opens up on the 11th!
                  Last edited by Texas343; 01-09-2016, 11:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• How many weeks is training?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• About 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Question......don't know if it is sensitive information that can't be released but I'll ask.

Are FAMs allowed to carry their duty weapon outside of on board an airliner? For example, after arriving at domestic/international locations, can you keep your weapon concealed while walking around any given destination?

Comment

• Only shows 2 location. Lame. I'm in Los Angeles. So I won't be applying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• How many people are they looking go hire?

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
                              Question......don't know if it is sensitive information that can't be released but I'll ask.

Are FAMs allowed to carry their duty weapon outside of on board an airliner? For example, after arriving at domestic/international locations, can you keep your weapon concealed while walking around any given destination?
                              CONUS --Yes
                              OCONUS -- NO

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
                                Question......don't know if it is sensitive information that can't be released but I'll ask.

Some countries yes and some no.. The exact protocols are classified.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8652 users online. 472 members and 8180 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X