Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had references pinged today. No interview call as of yet, but I did get a call from my FO since I put my supervisor as "contact me before calling". I'm not sure if I like the call references first process. I'm fine with telling my manager, but it's a bit odd they would ping them before I pass the battery. Hopefully the reference ping is a good sign, and that the metrics they are looking at initially weigh more than the actual FO battery.

Comment

• I had my panel interview, PT test, and SAC interview last week. Reading some news today about Trump signing executive orders on federal hiring Freezes. Do you think this applies to us getting hired? Thanks

Comment

• Though I haven't done much more than cursory news articles, I've read that positions within national security (public safety, military, etc) are not going to be impacted. I wonder when a selection decision will come about, though my gut tells me not for a while.

Comment

• Had my interviews and pt test on Tuesday. I asked how long they expected the process to take. She said they are to be finished with all interviews by February 10 and were wanting to start classes in March however she thinks it will be after that. Seems like they are moving fast though. They also didn't expect the hiring freeze to affect them but couldn't say for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskerRed View Post
            Had my interviews and pt test on Tuesday. I asked how long they expected the process to take. She said they are to be finished with all interviews by February 10 and were wanting to start classes in March however she thinks it will be after that. Seems like they are moving fast though. They also didn't expect the hiring freeze to affect them but couldn't say for sure.
            Thanks for the info! That is moving fast. March seems really optimistic but that's great if they can do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskerRed View Post
              Had my interviews and pt test on Tuesday. I asked how long they expected the process to take. She said they are to be finished with all interviews by February 10 and were wanting to start classes in March however she thinks it will be after that. Seems like they are moving fast though. They also didn't expect the hiring freeze to affect them but couldn't say for sure.
              This sounds like what I heard, sort of. When I got called for the FO visit they had said I was part of the last batch, and the last day they could do interviews was the 9th. Academy in March would be crazy fast in comparison to the other agencies.

Honest question for anyone that knows, how much does the PT weigh into the final decision? If you can get to poor/fair are you in the clear?

Comment

• Originally posted by darklink View Post

This sounds like what I heard, sort of. When I got called for the FO visit they had said I was part of the last batch, and the last day they could do interviews was the 9th. Academy in March would be crazy fast in comparison to the other agencies.

Honest question for anyone that knows, how much does the PT weigh into the final decision? If you can get to poor/fair are you in the clear?
                I honestly have no idea how many people passed the interview and how many spots are available but I was advised physical fitness is a significant part of your overall eval when figuring who gets the spots (who knows how many there are?). I can only further guess it can be the deciding factor in some scenarios. So while I don't know, I can stack against my previous life experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by rms0012 View Post

I honestly have no idea how many people passed the interview and how many spots are available but I was advised physical fitness is a significant part of your overall eval when figuring who gets the spots (who knows how many there are?). I can only further guess it can be the deciding factor in some scenarios. So while I don't know, I can stack against my previous life experience.
                  Thanks for the information. I might not make the cut this time around, which is fine. I should pass the interview stages at the very least, but if the slots are tight I'm sure there are plenty that will be able to complete the PTA above what I can do (ie excellents in all). I'm not in a rush though, so there's always next time around.

Comment

• Hello guys. New member from NYC I had my interviews, PTA, finger prints and all that stuff 1/17. The process hasnt changed statue on the website that helps track it. How long does it take between that and knowing if you're recommended for selection. With all these freeze talks I'm starting to loose hope. Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
                    stay humble

Comment

• Originally posted by darklink View Post

Thanks for the information. I might not make the cut this time around, which is fine. I should pass the interview stages at the very least, but if the slots are tight I'm sure there are plenty that will be able to complete the PTA above what I can do (ie excellents in all). I'm not in a rush though, so there's always next time around.
                      Dont count yourself out yet man! I'm sure you did fine!

SVO,

So the way I understand it, the Federal government's hiring freeze does not apply to national security positions like the FAMS. As far as the spots and timeline, I have absolutely no idea. Concerning the status, that seems to be pretty normal.

Comment

• I think I did well. Out of the 15 applicants that showed up that day, only 4 of us made it to next steps. I had 3 excellents and one fair in the PTA. I guess let's see what happenes next
                        stay humble

Comment

• Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
                          I think I did well. Out of the 15 applicants that showed up that day, only 4 of us made it to next steps. I had 3 excellents and one fair in the PTA. I guess let's see what happenes next

Sounds like you did fine! Now here's to the waiting game!

Comment

• Originally posted by rms0012 View Post

Sounds like you did fine! Now here's to the waiting game!
                            checked the status today and I was recommended by the field office. Now the waiting game on the panels desicion!
                            stay humble

Comment

checked the status today and I was recommended by the field office. Now the waiting game on the panels desicion!
                              Dang you guys are moving at a lightning fast pace. I did my panel on 1/10 and I still haven't heard a peep lol.

Congratulations on getting to the next step man. The hard part is over....just sit back and relax now.

Comment

Does your "Referred for Selection" have a blue star or a green check mark?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11102 users online. 480 members and 10622 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X