Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I know many of us have gone throughout the hiring process throughout many different field offices. I am curious, what have you all thought from your observations of the offices and what have you heard from the Air Marshals you spoke with? Nothing merit based or related to the hiring process of course.
    Last edited by rms0012; 01-15-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Interesting article published in the LA Times that shows how ridiculous that polygraph test is.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...113-story.html

Comment

• Originally posted by davidjbar View Post
        Interesting article published in the LA Times that shows how ridiculous that polygraph test is.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...113-story.html
        It's all fun and games until your sitting for 8 hrs getting polygraphed. Good luck to all the people waiting to go through it.

Comment

• Tell the truth, speak confidently, and don't confess or give in to anything you haven't done. Let them keep you overnight if they want. Just like in life, you can only control yourself.

Comment

• Any advice for the panel interview? I have mine soon. I have just been trying to come up with stories that reflect good on me. Thanks for any info. Btw my dream job is Diplomatic security service, does anyone think getting into the FAMs will help a little for DSS? (Currently 10 pt vet, BA degree sociology, and local LEO)

Comment

• Originally posted by Army101 View Post
              Any advice for the panel interview? I have mine soon. I have just been trying to come up with stories that reflect good on me. Thanks for any info. Btw my dream job is Diplomatic security service, does anyone think getting into the FAMs will help a little for DSS? (Currently 10 pt vet, BA degree sociology, and local LEO)
              Hey man, I just did mine last week and passed. Local LEO here too. Just go through the duties of a FAM and figure out relevant experiences from there.

Comment

• Passed the panel with 8 other candidates today at the local field office. It was a good experience and look forward to the next step(s).

Comment

• I agree, I loved the whole experience.
                  Last edited by rms0012; 01-18-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rms0012 View Post

Hey man, I just did mine last week and passed. Local LEO here too. Just go through the duties of a FAM and figure out relevant experiences from there.
                    thanks brother, i will review the duties and responsibilities, and continue gathering my background info. I have the PT test in the morning the panel and if i pass that i have the SAC interview all supposedly in the same day next week, i have 9 credits left to get my BA, im currently in 2 of those online classes now. Good luck to everyone in the process, i hope i pass the panel!

Comment

• Originally posted by Army101 View Post
                      Any advice for the panel interview? I have mine soon. I have just been trying to come up with stories that reflect good on me. Thanks for any info. Btw my dream job is Diplomatic security service, does anyone think getting into the FAMs will help a little for DSS? (Currently 10 pt vet, BA degree sociology, and local LEO)
                      My advice is to just be yourself. Speak confidently and be very detailed in your responses and answer the questions being asked....don't over-answer. One comment I hear from those who fail is that the interviewers constantly asked follow-up questions to ultimately get to the answer.

I'm not former law enforcement or military (both parents are Army vets so I'm the outcast lol), but I passed the panel so it's definitely doable for anyone else who may read this.

As for using this position as a stepping stone, I've read from some former FAMS that this job could open opportunities to other LEO but it's not guaranteed. I'd say for Dept of State SA, your military background would qualify you more so than the FAM position. From my research, they tend to want folks who are already "world travelers". Obviously I have no idea though. I go by the motto of "If it's for ya, it's for ya".

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post

My advice is to just be yourself. Speak confidently and be very detailed in your responses and answer the questions being asked....don't over-answer. One comment I hear from those who fail is that the interviewers constantly asked follow-up questions to ultimately get to the answer.

I'm not former law enforcement or military (both parents are Army vets so I'm the outcast lol), but I passed the panel so it's definitely doable for anyone else who may read this.

As for using this position as a stepping stone, I've read from some former FAMS that this job could open opportunities to other LEO but it's not guaranteed. I'd say for Dept of State SA, your military background would qualify you more so than the FAM position. From my research, they tend to want folks who are already "world travelers". Obviously I have no idea though. I go by the motto of "If it's for ya, it's for ya".
                        Thank you for the advice, i will try to do my best and be myself. I think I have a lot to bring to rhe table in the federal Leo side. Thanks again

Comment

• I recently had my panel, pt test , and chief interview done at the Houston field officer last week .( 1/13/17)

My dashboard is still at the field office check point .

Has as anybody moved on to the referred selection yet ?

And did anybody have an event or statement indicating a pass or fail on the chief interview ?

Thanks
                          Last edited by OscarSATX; 01-19-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OscarSATX View Post
                            I recently had my panel, pt test , and chief interview done at the Houston field officer last week .( 1/13/17)

My dashboard is still at the field office check point .

Has as anybody moved on to the referred selection yet ?

And did anybody have an event or statement indicating a pass or fail on the chief interview ?

Thanks

Mine has moved to "Referred to Selection" and no, I don't think it could be passed or failed. We'll find all that out on the next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by rms0012 View Post

Mine has moved to "Referred to Selection" and no, I don't think it could be passed or failed. We'll find all that out on the next step.
                              Congrats man. Your panel was last week in Houston also right?

As for the previous question, mine hasn't moved yet either. I would think this is too soon for movement ol RMS dispels that theory lol. I don't think the SAC interview is pass/fail. I asked if they could comment on our status and the answer was "no".

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post

Congrats man. Your panel was last week in Houston also right?

As for the previous question, mine hasn't moved yet either. I would think this is too soon for movement ol RMS dispels that theory lol. I don't think the SAC interview is pass/fail. I asked if they could comment on our status and the answer was "no".
                                Nope, but it was last week! I was advised that it would just go into the selection decision.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7688 users online. 417 members and 7271 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X