Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post

Yep. I was there 5 hours. That may not be typical though
    I was there about 4.5 hrs, but there was seven of us doing the interview. I was waiting for about an hour after the interview before they started us on the PT Test.

Comment

• Originally posted by SyntaxError View Post

Nice, they would be the first agency I know of to allow the use of headphones during the run. Any idea how critical they are for the physical? I know they don't have a "passing" score for the physical but I can imagine they'd want you to be in good shape.
      The PT scores are taken into consideration when its time to decide who gets hired, so you'll want to score as high as possible if you want to be competitive.

Comment

• I'm just curious for any of the current or prior Air Marshals, do you know of anyone who got accepted with not being up to par in the pull up portion of the pt test? That's the only thing I'm worried about but still working on until I have my interview

Comment

• Totally irrelevant question but I just read that that Border Patrol has raised its age restriction from 37-40. Does anyone have insight as to whether FAMS or any other law enforcement agency will do that? Outside of an emergency of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidjbar View Post
            I passed my interview yesterday . For anyone that is doing it in Houston the run is done on a treadmill and we were informed of a new change that allows applicants to wear headphones while doing the run. I don't know if that new change is specific to Houston or if all the FOs allow it.

if i may ask.....how is everyone doing on the PT.......where are you ranking? is everyone coming in at good and excellent?

this PT is intense compared to CBPO and BPA.

i have hard time running on a treadmill, i prefer on a track.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khamorski View Post
              I'm just curious for any of the current or prior Air Marshals, do you know of anyone who got accepted with not being up to par in the pull up portion of the pt test? That's the only thing I'm worried about but still working on until I have my interview
              A good way to improve your pull ups fairly quickly is to constantly do isometric holds at the up portion of the pull up. Also if you or anyone else isn't aware you have the choice of doing pull ups or chin ups.

Comment

• Yeah I'm aware of the chin ups which is probably what I'll be doing lol but I will be trying your advice to in the mean time to help me out

Comment

• good evening,

anybody has any idea of how many people they will be hiring? are they really in need of a lot of people like cbp or bp?. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post

if i may ask.....how is everyone doing on the PT.......where are you ranking? is everyone coming in at good and excellent?

this PT is intense compared to CBPO and BPA.

i have hard time running on a treadmill, i prefer on a track.
                    I'm at around 17 pull-ups, 70 push-ups, 60ish crunches and 10:00 1.5 mile. Good luck to all! I have my field assessment tomorrow.

Comment

• anybody knows the order of the exercises? run last? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        anybody knows the order of the exercises? run last? thanks
                        order is pull-up, situp , pushup, then run.......the run is apparently on a treadmill at some locations

Comment

• Hey guys! Very happy to have passed the panel. For those of you concerned about the treadmill, we did run on a treadmill. It was incredibly difficult for me mentally to push myself because of the safety concern and the mental barrier of not actually going anywhere. However, I did well otherwise, with 60ish ups, 18 pull-ups and 50ish sit ups. My run was around 12ish, and my normal time is usually two minutes minutes better than that. Just be prepared to do it on a treadmill, and run 1.5 over and over on a treadmill until your assessment. Bottom line just do your best!

Other than that, I was very impressed with the agency. For the local cops thinking of going FAMS you will not be alone. Throughout the field office I was at, supervisors to physical training instructors and of course regular flying FAMS were prior service State/Local LE. They were professional, friendly, and shed a very positive light on the agency. The camaraderie appeared to be high, and it seemed there were guys cycling in and out of the gym and the range.

I actually left the interview more excited for the FAMS than when I got there.
                          Last edited by rms0012; 01-14-2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rms0012 View Post
                            Hey guys! Very happy to have passed the panel. For those of you concerned about the treadmill, we did run on a treadmill. It was incredibly difficult for me mentally to push myself because of the safety concern and the mental barrier of not actually going anywhere. However, I did well otherwise, with 60ish ups, 18 pull-ups and 50ish sit ups. My run was around 12ish, and my normal time is usually two minutes minutes better than that. Just be prepared to do it on a treadmill, and run 1.5 over and over on a treadmill until your assessment. Bottom line just do your best!

Other than that, I was very impressed with the agency. For the local cops thinking of going FAMS you will not be alone. Throughout the field office I was at, supervisors to physical training instructors and of course regular flying FAMS were prior service State/Local LE. They were professional, friendly, and shed a very positive light on the agency. The camaraderie appeared to be high, and it seemed there were guys cycling in and out of the gym and the range.

I actually left the interview more excited for the FAMS than when I got there.
                            congrats man!!! any word in how long would be until the next step?

Comment

• I was told no idea on when everything would move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post
                                Totally irrelevant question but I just read that that Border Patrol has raised its age restriction from 37-40. Does anyone have insight as to whether FAMS or any other law enforcement agency will do that? Outside of an emergency of course.
                                With the BOP there is no restrictions on age for nurses, doctors etc and chaplains

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6180 users online. 321 members and 5859 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X