Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my references got the call directly from the office my assessment will take place.

just 3 questions asked...
    18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
    11/13/17 eQIP package submitted
    11/21/17 Medical exam done.
    12/07/17 Fitness exam done, passed.
    12/13/17 Medical updated: Further eval...
    01/12/18 Credit Report pulled
    01/16/18 eQIP re-released to OPR
    01/23/18 SI scheduled.
    02/14/18 SI interview
    02/16/18 NOR SI: Passed
    03/13/18 Med-review team sent me forms
    05/17/18 Med review received all doc's
    09/07/18 Application withdrawn
    03/17/19 EOD (same agency, different job)

Comment

• Originally posted by lil-secrecy View Post
      One of my references got the call directly from the office my assessment will take place.

thats standard.

Comment

One of my references got the call directly from the office my assessment will take place.

What are the 3 questions? I can't imagine that can be considered sensitive information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post

What are the 3 questions? I can't imagine that can be considered sensitive information.
          I didn't ask out of respect for the process.
          call me old fashioned...
          probably standard questions like... would you recommend... etc etc
          18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
          01/23/18 SI scheduled.
          02/14/18 SI interview

Comment

I didn't ask out of respect for the process.
            call me old fashioned...
            probably standard questions like... would you recommend... etc etc
            Gotcha. Yeah that's what I was thinking too

Comment

• How many of you guys took the FAB yet for this announcement? I passed today, they emailed me back two seconds after I finished. It was also the only test I've ever taken where I laughed at the acting in the video portion of the test. What did you guys think? Any speculation on when the next step will happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by rms0012 View Post
                How many of you guys took the FAB yet for this announcement? I passed today, they emailed me back two seconds after I finished. It was also the only test I've ever taken where I laughed at the acting in the video portion of the test. What did you guys think? Any speculation on when the next step will happen?
                Your references will be called up next AFTER you select the office where your interview (aka assessment) will take place .

you must select that in the dashboard to move on.

two of my references already talked to the "reference checker". no word on the interview call yet.
                18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
                01/23/18 SI scheduled.
                02/14/18 SI interview

Comment

• As stated, literally minutes after leaving the testing center I received an Email to schedule my Assessment. I am new to the Federal hiring process and understand from previous threads that FAM's is typically difficult to achieve the first time around. Very much looking forward to continuing along in the process,Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepseaPD View Post
                    I am new to the Federal hiring process
                    It's long, convoluted, stressful and definitely not one you want to embark on if you are unemployed already for you'll be waiting for news weeks at a time.
                    background investigations, clearances, the whole nine yards is outsourced to higher offices so your "local reporting place" has only little authority except initial hiring decision.

the doors from which a candidate can fall through (failed to obtain clearance, medical, etc) are SO MANY.

because of this, the process favors staff already part of federal government, and even more so if you are already part of the agency or a subcomponent of it.

IN SPITE OF ALL THIS... once you make it, you know you competed against many and one succeeded (you). benefits, privilege and camaderie ensue. transferring into other agencies gets easier afterwards once you understand pay scales and requirements.

my hiring for an internship took over 3 months and my clearance over 7 (it came through 5 months after I reported in)
                    18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
                    01/23/18 SI scheduled.
                    02/14/18 SI interview

Comment

• Any idea when these guys will be hiring again? I missed the post this go around.

Comment

It's long, convoluted, stressful and definitely not one you want to embark on if you are unemployed already for you'll be waiting for news weeks at a time.
                        background investigations, clearances, the whole nine yards is outsourced to higher offices so your "local reporting place" has only little authority except initial hiring decision.

the doors from which a candidate can fall through (failed to obtain clearance, medical, etc) are SO MANY.

because of this, the process favors staff already part of federal government, and even more so if you are already part of the agency or a subcomponent of it.

IN SPITE OF ALL THIS... once you make it, you know you competed against many and one succeeded (you). benefits, privilege and camaderie ensue. transferring into other agencies gets easier afterwards once you understand pay scales and requirements.

my hiring for an internship took over 3 months and my clearance over 7 (it came through 5 months after I reported in)
                        it honestly just depends. I was hired by FAMs start to academy in 7 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esco View Post

it honestly just depends. I was hired by FAMs start to academy in 7 months.
                          Mind if I ask you a question?
                          As far as family and friends is concerned, how much can they know about your identity, travels, etc?

I'm sure it will be impossible to hide from your spouse/SO
                          (maybe your flight number she doenst need to know...)

But could you advise on what FAMS allow and what is frowned upon?

any insight is appreciated. thanks Esco
                          Last edited by lil-secrecy; 12-17-2016, 03:15 PM. Reason: For PC :)
                          18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
                          01/23/18 SI scheduled.
                          02/14/18 SI interview

Comment

• 7 months isn't to bad. Talked to lady today who told me I should probably get a call to set up interview in a week or 2 and set up the interview and would probably be sometime in January. Anyone happen to set up there interview yet?

Comment

Mind if I ask you a question?
                              As far as family and friends is concerned, how much can they know about your identity, travels, etc?

I'm sure it will be impossible to hide from your spouse/SO
                              (maybe your flight number she doenst need to know...)

But could you advise on what FAMS allow and what is frowned upon?

any insight is appreciated. thanks Esco
                              1. Family and friends are good to go, I mean they might talk to your friends for your clearance, you just don't want other travelers at airports or hotels knowing, I wouldn't be running my mouth about the job at the hotel bar. Remember you're not in the CIA or NSA.

Of course your wife will know what you do. Lol.

Comment

• Good evening everyone, newbie here. I'm set to take the assessment here in just under a couple weeks. I've been studying up using the guide they provide when you sign up for your day. I have also Googled a bunch and found some more logic based reasoning questions online.

For those that have "been there and done that," any other ideas on what to study up with?

Thank you and have a good night!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7790 users online. 392 members and 7398 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X