300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    IF you get hired...you won't be leaving the NYC area......unless you take a Supervisors position.
    Get those knee pads ready

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
      Get those knee pads ready
      I laughed jovially at first when I read this... then I realized you are a female, and my laugh became more nervous.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
        I laughed jovially at first when I read this... then I realized you are a female, and my laugh became more nervous. [emoji14]
        LOL my account says I'm female?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
          LOL my account says I'm female?
          Honestly, I have no clue, as I haven't looked at your profile. I was simply using my deductive skills to deduce you were a lady, based on this:

Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
          Just applied.

Saw the hiring women comment and I'm wondering if it hurt or helped that I left out that demographic on my application.

Oh well, just another application in the federal shredder inbox! Good luck guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
            Honestly, I have no clue, as I haven't looked at your profile. I was simply using my deductive skills to deduce you were a lady, based on this:
            you sound like a future 1811, not a FAM
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by MetroEast View Post
              I don't understand how guys are applying, accepting, then once they're on board complaining about flying too much. I guess the title Federal Air Marshal doesn't ring a bell!?!?!? With this job the expectation shouldn't be to sit a patrol car for 12 hours.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
              Bro.. You have no idea.. 12 hour days on triangles and getting delayed 8 out 10 times.. Stuck in traffic, making it for showtime pre checks, 4 hours later your on a 8-10 hour flight.. Sitting in a patrol car is easy.. You can get out the car, go eat lunch and interact with people. If you become a become a FAM holla at me 5 years.. Lol..

Add in missed holidays and Christmas and thanksgiving chillin in DCA looking at the word delayed on the board. ALSO FYI you candidates better watch what you post on here. I know IA FAMS who lerk on here looking for idiots. Don't believe me ask some of the older guys on here..
              Last edited by UCLA1998; 01-06-2016, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• UCLA speaks the truth . The job has a suck factor that has to be experienced to appreciate. I wish you all the best, will help anyone with questions , that said, so glad I am out of there.
                If you think it's leisurely flying with lots of down time and , it can be for a short while. The sheer op tempo and horrible management will wear you out. Look up articles on the Harvard Sleep study that was done on FAMS . Might be an eye opener for some . This is all open source info.
                http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/us/fed...investigation/

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                  ALSO FYI you candidates better watch what you post on here. I know IA FAMS who lerk on here looking for idiots. Don't believe me ask some of the older guys on here..
                  Google "INTHEAIRCOP" and see Jay's issues...

Also...having worked at the FAM Ops Center... the Sups are well versed with this place and other LE forums...

Comment

• FAMS is like all LE jobs and has a mission that is honorable, but the job is not for everyone. There were a ton of great guys that initially moved over to this agency with a stacked resume and skill set that will rarely ever be used. Most of these guys were/are disappointed. For the applicant just getting into LE you will probably eventually want more from this agency and you won't get it. This is a very single scoped job and you will rarely go to the left or right or add to your skill set after the academy. After 3 years of this job when you and your entire office can be seen on USA Jobs you will struggle to add an embellished paragraph to your resume about what experience you actually gained in the last three years. You will very soon realize that most all 1811 agencies you apply for take FAMs experience very lightly and for most FAMS it will be hard to leave without some additional experience/education/military. You will also take a huge pay cut to leave because 1811s value FAM experience as less than 0% investigative and the horrible banded scale that FAMs use won't match up with the GS scale the rest of the gov uses. (I Band FAM doesn't equal an 1811 GS 12 or 13 ) You will love the job for a year or two, then you will start to feel constantly tired. No doubt your memory will probably get worse and if you have a family prepare to not be around for much. Per diem is good, but is really blood money. The training is very good, but overall will be very narrow in scope due to the mission. Apply to everything out there, take this job if offered. Keep applying to everything. This is a career for some, but would be tough one to do for 10 let alone 20. Most leave for other agencies after a few years. Take the above for what is worth. It's only an opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                      Google "INTHEAIRCOP" and see Jay's issues...

Also...having worked at the FAM Ops Center... the Sups are well versed with this place and other LE forums...
                      Just to add as well-if you are a current Fam do yourself a favor and don't mention any numbers; especially how many you think they are planning to hire from this announcement. TSA likes to abuse that SSI classification thing and jam just about anybody up with it. So even if you don't know the actual numbers and are only speculating, you are going to get fire for disclosing SSI.

Comment

• For those thinking about getting a masters degree, FAMS is the best gig to have while going back to school. All you have is time! Use it wisely.

Comment

For those thinking about getting a masters degree, FAMS is the best gig to have while going back to school. All you have is time! Use it wisely.
                          The Border Patrol is very similar.

Comment

For those thinking about getting a masters degree, FAMS is the best gig to have while going back to school. All you have is time! Use it wisely.
                            But if you're always flying. How is there time? Do you mean like online courses?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
                              Just to add as well-if you are a current Fam do yourself a favor and don't mention any numbers; especially how many you think they are planning to hire from this announcement. TSA likes to abuse that SSI classification thing and jam just about anybody up with it. So even if you don't know the actual numbers and are only speculating, you are going to get fire for disclosing SSI.
                              That was a crazy case I just read thanks to bearcat's link. It makes me wonder if he was spot on with his information or was he way off base and they just used it to can someone who talked too much. Obviously no one answer this, I'm just thinking out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                                But if you're always flying. How is there time? Do you mean like online courses?
                                I took a blended course load.. Some classroom and some online. In regards to studying, you have all the time in the world..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8307 users online. 408 members and 7899 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X