300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
    any info on the type of PT they do at academy? is there alot of running?

do FAMS have to get tazed or pepper sprayed?
    In two different forums you've asked the same questions. I never was a FAM but I am an 1811 with another agency. I left a great job for the unknown, here are some tips;

- Mentally prepare yourself for the worst and it will be a cake walk (tased once a month, pepper sprayed daily, run 10 miles a day).
    - If you do get tased you'll be fine. It sucks for 5 seconds but the recovery is instant. My reaction was that of someone with extreme Tourette's syndrome (I said every cuss word in the books).
    - Pepper spray sucks, and you'll have boogers everywhere but so will everyone else. You'll be fine.
    - Don't rely on the academy to get you into shape. Get there in decent shape and you'll be good.
    - Stay in the gray. Keep the spotlight off of you and you'll be good.

Did you get hired?

Comment

• Danger101 is a window licker. He won't get hired. Don't waste time on him.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Danger101 is a window licker. He won't get hired. Don't waste time on him.
        LOLOLOL. You'd be suprised who the FAMS hire. Quite a few strange folks flying for the govt. there is no psych evaluation, unless you self report on your SF86, which no one does.

Comment

• Then I will disarm him should he ever be on my flight. FAMS ain't the ONLY game in town: and if you're stupid, I'll make it safe...
          Last edited by CCCSD; 12-04-2016, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

In two different forums you've asked the same questions. I never was a FAM but I am an 1811 with another agency. I left a great job for the unknown, here are some tips;

- Mentally prepare yourself for the worst and it will be a cake walk (tased once a month, pepper sprayed daily, run 10 miles a day).
            - If you do get tased you'll be fine. It sucks for 5 seconds but the recovery is instant. My reaction was that of someone with extreme Tourette's syndrome (I said every cuss word in the books).
            - Pepper spray sucks, and you'll have boogers everywhere but so will everyone else. You'll be fine.
            - Don't rely on the academy to get you into shape. Get there in decent shape and you'll be good.
            - Stay in the gray. Keep the spotlight off of you and you'll be good.

Did you get hired?
            U just scared alot of guys with this lol!!

Academy isn't that bad. If ur in half decent shape, ull survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              Danger101 is a window licker. He won't get hired. Don't waste time on him.
              Hahahaha....

Comment

• Originally posted by copkid228 View Post

u just scared alot of guys with this lol!!

Academy isn't that bad. If ur in half decent shape, ull survive.
                oh well!

Comment

• Applied previously in March 2016 and made it all the way to check mark above selection decision but was not selected. Applied again this round and have just received notification that I met application requirements and passed the FAMS Assessment Battery. I have selected my FO and will wait a phone call (like before) asking when I want to schedule my Field Assessment (interview, physical, supervisor interview). Has anyone else had any movement?

Comment

• For anyone who has passed the FAB, when is your Field Assessment? Also, which field office?

Comment

• Took test today and passed, got home and scheduled my field assessment. Now time to wait, just curious how long is the average wait to schedule this? Also I'm curious as to what firearm will be carried. I read that it's a sig 229 but I've also learned to to trust everything you read on Wikipedia lol. Would like to know so that way I can look into trying to pick on up and get familiar with it and practice my shooting and so on. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khamorski View Post
                        Took test today and passed, got home and scheduled my field assessment. Now time to wait, just curious how long is the average wait to schedule this? Also I'm curious as to what firearm will be carried. I read that it's a sig 229 but I've also learned to to trust everything you read on Wikipedia lol. Would like to know so that way I can look into trying to pick on up and get familiar with it and practice my shooting and so on. Thanks in advance.
                        Your better off just concentrating on patience and just being on ur p's and q's from here on out. If ur lucky enough to be selected, ull have boat loads of time to familiarize urself and become proficient with ur weapon and shooting. That's all FAMs do is train. Good luck.

Comment

• Thanks appreciate the response.. yeah I got ahead of myself lol good luck to everyone else who is going to be going through the process

Comment

• This might be a little off topic compared to the previous posts but I also applied for the federal air marshals and I used my education to qualify. The announcement said that for education, you needed a bachelor's degree or higher so I decided to upload my graduate school transcript, albeit it is unofficial and I will be completing my degree this spring. Does anyone know if that unofficial transcript alone could cause any issues? I did speak to someone over the phone today and she said I should be fine with that. I don't see a problem because you can't get into grad school without having a bachelor's degree first, but I would appreciate some thought on this.

Comment

• Why didn't you upload your BA transcripts, as you have completed that?

Comment

• How much down time do you roughly get after completing your written exam to where you have to take their PTA? I'd like to get as much PT done before hand so I can score well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7998 users online. 395 members and 7603 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X