Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it. Good luck everyone, hopefully we all see some movement soon.

Comment

• I got the email as well. Any of you guys had issues registering with the TSA site with the temp pw? It's not letting me through....

Comment

• What's the actual deal with FAMS? I keep hearing that they only want to hire people with a military background and that they at sometimes hire those with an LE background or even no background in LE. Does anyone know approximately how long the hiring process takes from start to finish? I put in an app with them and apparently they found me good enough to proceed to the next phase which is the FAB. Like others, I just recently got this email. Not sure what to expect from them, but I'm not going to have my hopes up just in case it ends up like a good portion of other federal hiring processes ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ptrlmn B View Post
          What's the actual deal with FAMS? I keep hearing that they only want to hire people with a military background and that they at sometimes hire those with an LE background or even no background in LE. Does anyone know approximately how long the hiring process takes from start to finish? I put in an app with them and apparently they found me good enough to proceed to the next phase which is the FAB. Like others, I just recently got this email. Not sure what to expect from them, but I'm not going to have my hopes up just in case it ends up like a good portion of other federal hiring processes ...
          Just keep pushing forward and see what happens. Basically at this point, you are moving on because you rated yourself high enough on the questions that were asked in the announcement. Just focus on taking the FAB and pass it. The panel interview is where you really want to do well. It's just not that they are only looking for prior military or LEO's, it's the fact that many of those applicants have that experience and 4-year degrees. They can hire anyone, but there are tons of really qualified candidates with experience and education
          Last edited by RustyJames; 12-02-2016, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ptrlmn B View Post
            What's the actual deal with FAMS? I keep hearing that they only want to hire people with a military background and that they at sometimes hire those with an LE background or even no background in LE. Does anyone know approximately how long the hiring process takes from start to finish? I put in an app with them and apparently they found me good enough to proceed to the next phase which is the FAB. Like others, I just recently got this email. Not sure what to expect from them, but I'm not going to have my hopes up just in case it ends up like a good portion of other federal hiring processes ...
            As long as you meet the minimum requirements of the job, as determined by your USAjobs application, you receive an invite to take the assessment battery. Not to sound negative, but it isn't necessarily indicative of a person having the 'resume they want'. The big hurdle is the interview. Pass that and the rest is up to you (poly, etc).
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• All scheduled and good to go. Goodluck to all.

Comment

• any info on the type of PT they do at academy? is there alot of running?

do FAMS have to get tazed or pepper sprayed?

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
                  any info on the type of PT they do at academy? is there alot of running?

do FAMS have to get tazed or pepper sprayed?
                  Do some research on here. Plenty of info. If ur athletic, u won't have issue.

Comment

• Received the email and scheduled my exam today as well. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• I scheduled the exam for next week. I'm still not too sure if I want to do FAMS but I will go through with the process to see.

Comment

• For those in the process from the last announcement, all we have to do is the PT and SAC interview again.
                        Last edited by RustyJames; 12-03-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• I'll be taking the FAB next week as well, good luck to everybody.

Comment

• Took the FAB today and almost 15 minutes after I finished, I got an email that said I passed and to schedule my Field Office Assessment.
                            CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
                            9/20/2018 Written Exam
                            10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
                            10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
                            10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
                            10/24/2018 Medical Exam
                            11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
                            11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
                            11/13/2018 SI
                            11/14/2018 Passed SI
                            11/26/2018 PFT
                            11/28/2018 Passed PFT
                            3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
                            4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• I've still yet to schedule myself for the FAB

Comment

• Originally posted by SyntaxError View Post
                                I've still yet to schedule myself for the FAB
                                Why not

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11239 users online. 489 members and 10750 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X