300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post

Rest assured if you put NYC or DC as one of your "choices" you most likely will end up at one of them. You won't get points for putting all choices and some selector official won't go "ahhh look at this candidate he's willing to go anywhere so let's put him near his home". Ahahaha if it only worked that way.

You put all choices down, then they all are fair game. So why wouldn't the government put you where they need bodies most?

You may stand a better chance to get hired if you put all choices. Not because of any points system, just because they will hire MORE people in the bigger offices.
    Yeah I kinda felt like that's how it would be. The problem is I think that's the only chance I really have at getting this job. I feel like my resume is very competitive but if I just select a couple of offices I'm not going to have much of a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ecg14 View Post

Yeah I kinda felt like that's how it would be. The problem is I think that's the only chance I really have at getting this job. I feel like my resume is very competitive but if I just select a couple of offices I'm not going to have much of a chance.
      Take it from us man, go for the offices you want. I got former classmates still out in SF trying to get to Atlanta and Miami 10 years later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esco View Post

Take it from us man, go for the offices you want. I got former classmates still out in SF trying to get to Atlanta and Miami 10 years later.
        Thanks for the advice. I think I'm gonna take it and just apply to a couple offices and hope it works out. How is the LA office with respect to cost of living?

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post

Unless Academy changed from 5 years ago expect a mix of longer group runs (3-5 miles) and fitness "smoke sessions" every other day or so.
          I appreciate the input

Comment

• Just called the help desk to clear up some confusion in the job announcement which I find to be contradicting....it says roughly:

Applicants can indicate their desired initial field office location with the understanding they can be placed anywhere.

Okay, that's typical for most federal law enforcement agencies. However, the announcement also says "Applicants will only be considered for locations for which they apply". That is contradicting to me. The lady at TSA said that you'll be given a chance later in the process to select a field office location and that the one(s) selected at the time of application won't be held against you.

My question is does anybody agree with this? I do know there's an option to select a field office later in the process, but I thought that was just to pick a location to do your interview/fitness test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post
              Just called the help desk to clear up some confusion in the job announcement which I find to be contradicting....it says roughly:

Applicants can indicate their desired initial field office location with the understanding they can be placed anywhere.

Okay, that's typical for most federal law enforcement agencies. However, the announcement also says "Applicants will only be considered for locations for which they apply". That is contradicting to me. The lady at TSA said that you'll be given a chance later in the process to select a field office location and that the one(s) selected at the time of application won't be held against you.

My question is does anybody agree with this? I do know there's an option to select a field office later in the process, but I thought that was just to pick a location to do your interview/fitness test.
              From my experience, the locations for the job announcement are where you will be stationed. You select the ones you want to be considered for only. I assume they mean that because you will be working for the agency, you may be relocated to a different duty station. As far as the interviews go, you will get to select any field office that is closest to your location.

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyJames View Post

From my experience, the locations for the job announcement are where you will be stationed. You select the ones you want to be considered for only. I assume they mean that because you will be working for the agency, you may be relocated to a different duty station. As far as the interviews go, you will get to select any field office that is closest to your location.
                Gotcha and thanks. I guess from reading previous posts from former FAMs, it was always discussed that the "good" locations were impossible to get and that D.C. & NYC would be where most folks get stationed. For me, I'm ok with getting an undersirable location as a consolation prize, but I don't wanna voluntarily select it lol

Comment

Gotcha and thanks. I guess from reading previous posts from former FAMs, it was always discussed that the "good" locations were impossible to get and that D.C. & NYC would be where most folks get stationed. For me, I'm ok with getting an undersirable location as a consolation prize, but I don't wanna voluntarily select it lol
                  My thoughts exactly. I don't want to volunteer for NY or DC, however if it means me getting a job I will be more than happy to go to one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ecg14 View Post

My thoughts exactly. I don't want to volunteer for NY or DC, however if it means me getting a job I will be more than happy to go to one of them.
                    With that being said...where did you apply?
                    Last edited by Lone-ranger; 11-07-2016, 10:57 PM.

Comment

With that being said...where did you apply?
                      College Park, GA

Comment

• I didn't get selected last opening and I think it was because I only put down one location. If you guys are willing to go anywhere, select all locations.

Comment

• Applied to the Chantilly and Houston field offices from this latest announcement . Anyone know how much hiring will be done in those locations? I'm thinking the Houston office would be hard to get.

Thanks,

Comment

• Originally posted by davidjbar View Post
                            Applied to the Chantilly and Houston field offices from this latest announcement . Anyone know how much hiring will be done in those locations? I'm thinking the Houston office would be hard to get.

Thanks,
                            Lots in DC little in Houston. Since you applied to DC you will not be thought of for Houston.

Comment

Last edited by FamHopeful85; 12-30-2016, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esco View Post

Lots in DC little in Houston. Since you applied to DC you will not be thought of for Houston.
                                Thanks, figured as much. I wouldn't mind going to the DC area. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8297 users online. 200 members and 8097 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X