Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard a lot of airline employees, especially flight attendants are jealous of FAMS. I heard they love to rat them out for everything. Closing your eyes for 2 seconds on a 15 hour flight...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
      I heard a lot of airline employees, especially flight attendants are jealous of FAMS. I heard they love to rat them out for everything. Closing your eyes for 2 seconds on a 15 hour flight...lol

Lol. It's not that bad.

Comment

• Esco,

I'd like to echo a question that has been asked here just for some more clarification. I would like to stay near my home if possible which is close to College Park, GA. If I don't list places such as D.C. or NYC as available locations, will this hurt my chances. Will they be more inclined to pick someone with the same qualifications as myself just based off of availability, or does location not really matter? Do they look down on people who don't list every location? As I said I really want to stay home, however this is a dream job type gig that I know doesn't come around often, so I will move anywhere if I have to. Thanks and I look forward to your response.

Comment

• Originally posted by ecg14 View Post
          Esco,

I'd like to echo a question that has been asked here just for some more clarification. I would like to stay near my home if possible which is close to College Park, GA. If I don't list places such as D.C. or NYC as available locations, will this hurt my chances. Will they be more inclined to pick someone with the same qualifications as myself just based off of availability, or does location not really matter? Do they look down on people who don't list every location? As I said I really want to stay home, however this is a dream job type gig that I know doesn't come around often, so I will move anywhere if I have to. Thanks and I look forward to your response.
          If you really want to stay in Atlanta it's a chance you'll have to take. Going to NYC or DC and thinking you'll be in Atlanta in a couple years is unwise. If you want Atlanta, apply to Atlanta. DC and NY might hire more folks, but that's a chance you'll have to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esco View Post

If you really want to stay in Atlanta it's a chance you'll have to take. Going to NYC or DC and thinking you'll be in Atlanta in a couple years is unwise. If you want Atlanta, apply to Atlanta. DC and NY might hire more folks, but that's a chance you'll have to take.
            Thanks for the response. I feel like I need to list them all and let the chips fall where they may. Beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

• Can any of the current or former FAMs speak on the academy? I would imagine it's not sensitive information since the FBI posts its academy details on their website. I'm just wondering about the physical training.....like will trainees be doing regular PT (sit-ups, push-ups etc...), boot-camp style, or obstacle courses etc...? Will there be long runs? Just asking because I can crush the fitness test, but I'm not a marathon runner. I heard FBI does a ton of running in their academy so I'm wondering is this the same.

Comment

• Anybody here applying for the DFW (Coppell) Field Office?

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
                  Anybody here applying for the DFW (Coppell) Field Office?

I am

Comment

• For those in the past announcement, I just received an email updating me that while my file was sent to selection officials, I was not selected. So I'm sure those of you still around will receive an email as well. The dashboard was updated also. Makes sense since there is a new announcement.
                    Last edited by RustyJames; 11-02-2016, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Well after applying to the March 2016 posting and after a long wait I finally received the "Stopped" sign over selection decision and received the email. Hopefully this new posting goes further!

Comment

• Originally posted by Seahawk2016 View Post
                        Well after applying to the March 2016 posting and after a long wait I finally received the "Stopped" sign over selection decision and received the email. Hopefully this new posting goes further!
                        Same. Atleast this time around it's 13 locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyJames View Post

Same. Atleast this time around it's 13 locations.
                          Yeah seriously. I selected all 13 locations too. I just want to get into this agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post
                            Can any of the current or former FAMs speak on the academy? I would imagine it's not sensitive information since the FBI posts its academy details on their website. I'm just wondering about the physical training.....like will trainees be doing regular PT (sit-ups, push-ups etc...), boot-camp style, or obstacle courses etc...? Will there be long runs? Just asking because I can crush the fitness test, but I'm not a marathon runner. I heard FBI does a ton of running in their academy so I'm wondering is this the same.
                            Unless Academy changed from 5 years ago expect a mix of longer group runs (3-5 miles) and fitness "smoke sessions" every other day or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by ecg14 View Post

Thanks for the response. I feel like I need to list them all and let the chips fall where they may. Beggars can't be choosers.
                              Rest assured if you put NYC or DC as one of your "choices" you most likely will end up at one of them. You won't get points for putting all choices and some selector official won't go "ahhh look at this candidate he's willing to go anywhere so let's put him near his home". Ahahaha if it only worked that way.

You put all choices down, then they all are fair game. So why wouldn't the government put you where they need bodies most?

You may stand a better chance to get hired if you put all choices. Not because of any points system, just because they will hire MORE people in the bigger offices.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post

Rest assured if you put NYC or DC as one of your "choices" you most likely will end up at one of them. You won't get points for putting all choices and some selector official won't go "ahhh look at this candidate he's willing to go anywhere so let's put him near his home". Ahahaha if it only worked that way.

You put all choices down, then they all are fair game. So why wouldn't the government put you where they need bodies most?

You may stand a better chance to get hired if you put all choices. Not because of any points system, just because they will hire MORE people in the bigger offices.
                                Yep.
                                Lolololol. Sounds like a future WFO, NYFO, or NJ FAM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10852 users online. 507 members and 10345 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X