300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RustyJames View Post

Why not wait until after the announcement closes before you start cracking skulls? No movement or updates happened until after the announcements closed for the past announcements. Everyone who was far along in the past announcements has a blue star over "Met Application Requirements".
    clearly you didn't read what I wrote... my last announcement still says "in process" yet I received a letter saying im not being considered anymore. the new announcement ( if you jumped through all of the hoops from the last one) should jump straight to "referred for selection" while mine is taking me back all the way to the beginning. Thus me writing what I wrote. asking for guidance not an opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
      ok so from my jan 2016 applicants and anyone else in the know.... my dashboard has been frozen with a blue star over the medical icon since may. I completed it in june. I did my poly twice in a week and was told I wasn't being considered for the position. The dashboard still says "in process" and tsa help desk obviously doesn't help nor care. Now with the new announcement my new dashboard is set up the same way as the old one showing I have to take the assessment again and jump through all of the same hoops as before, when it should have a "referred for selection" icon as my next step. Who can help me with guidance and a possible contact that can fix this dashboard issue. Tsa helpdesk offers nothing but a headache and a scripted response.
      It will eventually show a stop sign for the one you were no longer considered for. It will take a long time for that to happen. Forget about that one and focus on the new one. I had three separate ones going back to the 2007 announcement until my final offer from the Jan 2016 announcement.

Comment

• Anyone in the process for the College Park, GA location?

Comment

Last edited by Bliskin; 01-09-2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

• Apply and let them tell you "no."

Comment

• long time follower here.....anyone from the 2010 enouncement still hanging around? i was one of those people who got the coe with a clear medical (flew out to nj for it too) and my office was over staffed apparently and never got the official FOE. so here i am 6 years later at square one with a lot more LE experience under my belt so I guess well see where it takes me again haha. So for all you new apps out there this process is really a shot in the dark. the forum is merely just a small portion of information so just do your self a favor. go through the process and put it behind you until it happens.

Comment

• Wow...was not expecting this thread to turn into such a huge thread! Haven't read through the 100+ pages, but if any of yall on this thread were hired the last go around, congratulations to yall!

I'm back again now seeing that there is a field office posting in Coppell, TX. Questions...

On USAJOBS, when it says the salary is "$40,552 - $62,830", how is your starting salary determined? Is it partially based on prior experience? And I'm guessing locality pay and LEAP pay are in addition to the base salary; is this correct? Are the stories of FAMs earning 100k+ still realistic?

And when they say applicants will only be considered for locations they apply...does this mean if hired your initial field assignment will be at the location you applied for? (Of course with the understanding of possibly being reassigned due to operational need)

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
                  Wow...was not expecting this thread to turn into such a huge thread! Haven't read through the 100+ pages, but if any of yall on this thread were hired the last go around, congratulations to yall!

I'm back again now seeing that there is a field office posting in Coppell, TX. Questions...

On USAJOBS, when it says the salary is "$40,552 - $62,830", how is your starting salary determined? Is it partially based on prior experience? And I'm guessing locality pay and LEAP pay are in addition to the base salary; is this correct? Are the stories of FAMs earning 100k+ still realistic?

And when they say applicants will only be considered for locations they apply...does this mean if hired your initial field assignment will be at the location you applied for? (Of course with the understanding of possibly being reassigned due to operational need)
                  Depending on experience most new FAMs will start between 60k-70k as a G band. Those numbers count LEAP. Add in another 12k-17k with per diem and overtime. Most I Band FAMs earn more than 100k easy, but 100k ain't gang busters in DC, NYC, or the Bay Area.

If if you get hired as a FAM and get any region besides the ones I've mentioned above you will clean up easy. If you get hired for either of Texas offices you'll be making great money for the cost of living.

Comment

• Does the 60k-70k factor in the 20%-ish locality pay? I pm'd you, Esco.

Comment

• Yes locality is included.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
                        Curious about this also, does choosing more offices provide an advantage or is it just opening up the variety of offices they can place you? If there are no advantages, I would resubmit my app to select only 2 or 3 offices I would really want to work in. Basically... how is the selection of the office done considering you can freely choose multiple offices?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post

Curious about this also, does choosing more offices provide an advantage or is it just opening up the variety of offices they can place you? If there are no advantages, I would resubmit my app to select only 2 or 3 offices I would really want to work in. Basically... how is the selection of the office done considering you can freely choose multiple offices?
                          Youre basicslly saying your willing to work in any of the offices you put in for. Like in the Holy grail, choose wisely.

Comment

• Does anyone know the "best" offices to put in for in terms of morale, management, training/TDY opportunities, etc?

Comment

• Morning all. I went back and read quite a bit of the posts from this summer up to now. Glad to see the amount of movement most of you have received. I'm a repeat applicant in this October '16 announcement. I originally applied in march 2011. Made it to through the steps pretty quickly and got to the panel interview but didn't pass. Now that I'm back and see all of you that have been in the process from 2 other announcements this year is pretty alarming. But we'll see what happens next....good luck to all

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                                Does anyone know the "best" offices to put in for in terms of morale, management, training/TDY opportunities, etc?
                                As a FAM you will TDY weekly, training is the same in all offices, morale depends on the person. Some will be 20 year flyers, others will leave. All things considered, job is pretty good. Be on time,stay awake, pay your credit card, and respect airline employees and you'll have zero management issues.
                                Last edited by Esco; 11-01-2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8548 users online. 420 members and 8128 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X