Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by macrosslover View Post
    based on the emails I've got, hiring in general is winding down and done for that specific office.
    Well that's no fun...still have a blue star over selection decision.

    Anyone from the third announcement seen any movement?

    Particularly these field offices:

    El Segundo, CA
    College Park, GA
    Chicago, IL
    Chantilly, VA
    Last edited by Tac89; 08-08-2016, 01:52 PM.

    Comment


    • @Tac89 I'm in the 3rd announcement and haven't had any movement since June. I still have blue star over selection decision. Anybody else from 3rd announcement get a final offer yet? I'm sure it could be in the thread somewhere but 77 pages are a lot to go through. Hopefully no news is still good news in this case. Best of luck

      Comment


      • I'm from the third announcement. I just scheduled my polygraph.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Tac89 View Post
          Well that's no fun...still have a blue star over selection decision.

          Anyone from the third announcement seen any movement?

          Particularly these field offices:

          El Segundo, CA
          College Park, GA
          Chicago, IL
          Chantilly, VA
          I'm in the same boat.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • My source, who works for FAMS, told me a ton of offers are still available in all offices. Also, hiring is going to continue until sometime next year. The first class of the academy was less than a quarter full of what they were expecting and less than half for the second.

            Also around 60-70% of those taking the poly fail it, so the likelihood of offers still on the table are high.

            Comment


            • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
              Last edited by Joe_horne; 09-02-2016, 10:14 AM.

              Comment


              • [QUOTE=alex_burto;3921703]My source, who works for FAMS, told me a ton of offers are still available in all offices. Also, hiring is going to continue until sometime next year. The first class of the academy was less than a quarter full of what they were expecting and less than half for the second.

                Also around 60-70% of those taking the poly fail it, so the likelihood of offers still on the table are high.

                Well that's good news. With that percentage of people dropping due to poly, no wonder those classes are not even half full.

                Comment


                • Out of curiosity, anyone still hanging around from the first announcement?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bbblll View Post
                    Out of curiosity, anyone still hanging around from the first announcement?
                    This forum has definitely slowed down. We've had two conflicting sources saying that hiring is coming to an end and the other saying they are hiring into next year. Hopefully there will be some more positive movement soon for those awaiting their selection decision.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RustyJames View Post
                      This forum has definitely slowed down. We've had two conflicting sources saying that hiring is coming to an end and the other saying they are hiring into next year. Hopefully there will be some more positive movement soon for those awaiting their selection decision.
                      Agreed. It's been almost two months now that I have had my selection decision blue star. Still holding onto some hope.



                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • It's died because mostly everyone has been ****ed over by them. Those that passed the poly have been very lucky to get the person they had. I don't know a single offer on here from the second round. All offers have come from the first round. I hope those that do take the poly end up passing it. You can be completely honest and have no skeletons in your closet, and you will most likely fail. You pay to go to Atlantic City, get kicked in the nuts, and then wait for a letter to come from a government contractor that says you failed due to "dishonest conduct".

                        Comment


                        • So nobody from the 3rd announcement made it?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M4V View Post
                            So nobody from the 3rd announcement made it?
                            I'm not sure if you guys are counting on this forum to give you a true picture of FAMS hiring process. I can tell you that people from the 3rd announcement are in the Academy right now. You have to think that only a hand full of people on this forum are looking for guidance and what to expect. There are tons of people in the hiring process who are not on this forum as well. I am from the 1st announcement and I've seen all three announcements made it through. The hiring is ongoing as of now, it's a slow process, but don't give up hope. The hiring process is different for everyone, so don't gauge it from other people's hiring experience. Just make sure you are contacting HR to do a follow up on your process.

                            I know you guys are looking for more information on the hiring process, but the information are sensitive and cannot be posted on this forum publicly. Stay motivated, and do your best to get the job you want.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M4V View Post
                              So nobody from the 3rd announcement made it?
                              Either nobody made it so far from the 3rd announcement or they received their final offers and didn't bother posting it on here. However, the trend has been that people have posted on here if they have been rejected or not. It's a mystery..., but like Young pointed out, there are tons of other applicant that are not on this forum.
                              Last edited by RustyJames; 08-16-2016, 07:52 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NoComment View Post
                                It's died because mostly everyone has been ****ed over by them. Those that passed the poly have been very lucky to get the person they had. I don't know a single offer on here from the second round. All offers have come from the first round. I hope those that do take the poly end up passing it. You can be completely honest and have no skeletons in your closet, and you will most likely fail. You pay to go to Atlantic City, get kicked in the nuts, and then wait for a letter to come from a government contractor that says you failed due to "dishonest conduct".
                                Most of the folks were probably gonna be hired for NY and NJ, those other offices are probably only gonna get a handful of guys/gals each.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11939 users online. 452 members and 11487 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X