300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trispengel View Post
    Hey guys just wondering if anyone who did their field office interviews at the beginning of June has gotten a selection decision update and subsequently conditional offer yet? I have been waiting for selection decision check mark since 6/27.

Thanks for any info

Same Here..

Comment

• Does anyone know how long until you can schedule your polygraph after you submitted your eqip? Also, I've still got a blue star over medical after taking it 3 weeks ago. They said I passed but I guess it takes time until they can put a green mark over medical.

Comment

• M4V I completed my medical on Jun 14th and equip on July 6th and I still haven't heard anything. Blue star still over medical drug test. I'm in the 2nd announcement also. But I know some people in the 3rd announcement that already have their poly scheduled. I guess maybe I'll start calling again tomorrow.

Comment

• Poly scheduled, anyone driving from Midwest to Newark next week pm me I could use a driving buddy..Im not a fan of flying .. jk jk
          Last edited by Frostbite 22; 07-27-2016, 08:42 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleH View Post
            Just curious, I know someone who worked with HSI (non1811), failed a poly with another agency (non DHS even) and then applied for 1811 with hsi and was dq'd from the process bc of the poly from the other agency. They tried to fire him from current position but he ended up leaving bc there was no advancement after DHS found out he failed a poly elsewhere. Experience that yet Shock as I thought you said you applied for hsi?
            Failed polygraphs can affect the hiring process with other agencies. I know of some people that are being jammed up in their hiring process for failing or getting inconclusive polygraph results with other agencies.
            Last edited by CriticalOperator; 07-27-2016, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
              idk what your friend told you but thats a lie lol. HSI is considering doing a poly ( A BIG MAYBE) only now for the first time ever. so if your friend applied for HSI 1811 he wasnt dq'd from the process because of a outside poly unless he said something very stupid or told them a truth that doesnt sit right with DHS
              If you disclose a failed poly to the agency doing your background they can contact the other agency(failed poly) and ask for those results. They then can investigate deeper based on what you failed.drug use etc etc

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                If you disclose a failed poly to the agency doing your background they can contact the other agency(failed poly) and ask for those results. They then can investigate deeper based on what you failed.drug use etc etc
                Someone in the 001 posting was automatically disqualified before taking the poly for FAMS just because he disclosed a failed or inconclusive poly on his 86.

Comment

Last edited by trdbeast; 12-30-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by trdbeast View Post
                    I know who you're talking about. He also disclosed on the forum (not this thread though) that he was just picked up by another agency weeks ago. So there's still hope.
                    Yes there still hope folks don't despair. maybe look for an agency with no poly. I do feel once you disclose you failed a poly is a kiss of death. But I am fortunate I got picked up a month ago with a decent agency and start the academy next week. Once I am cert, I can stay of move up on and up. I am still in the process for NJSP,USPP,MWAA PD, NY Court and TBTA PD. There are plenty of agencies hiring MTA PD, Amtrak, NJ transit pd was, NJ civil service. Also my agency mention the may hire again in Sept. for a Jan Class Good Luck and God Bless. Feel free to contact me.

Comment

• What agency you get picked up by handsome?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferywd1981 View Post
                        What agency you get picked up by handsome?
                        Sorry had to empty mailbox, DRPA

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
                          Sorry had to empty mailbox, DRPA
                          Check your inbox

Comment

• first time poster, long time lurker. I applied to 2nd and 3rd announcement both, passed test 3/29/16, field assessment 4/15/16, and accepted conditional offer for NYC on 5/26/16. I finished my medical in AC on May 29 and completed poly second week of June. Received a letter in the mail on July 18 requesting more info in order to complete medical specifically where I stated I have had insomnia in the past and said letter stated I need to see pulmonologist and have a sleep study done and provide results. I saw the doctor on 7/27 and just awaiting to have sleep study scheduled. Haven't received anything regarding poly but the examiner said she didn't;'t give results because she had to send them off but everything looked fine and she didn't see any problems with it.
                            Last edited by iceman241211; 07-29-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iceman241211 View Post
                              first time poster, long time lurker. I applied to 2nd and 3rd announcement both, passed test 3/29/16, field assessment 4/15/16, and accepted conditional offer for NYC on 5/26/16. I finished my medical in AC on May 29 and completed poly second week of June. Received a letter in the mail on July 18 requesting more info in order to complete medical specifically where I stated I have had insomnia in the past and said letter stated I need to see pulmonologist and have a sleep study done and provide results. I saw the doctor on 7/27 and just awaiting to have sleep study scheduled. Haven't received anything regarding poly but the examiner said she didn't;'t give results because she had to send them off but everything looked fine and she didn't see any problems with it.
                              congrats hope it all works out for you

Comment

• Okay so also very long time follower, first time poster. Been fun following the thread. So I applied 2nd announcement, passed my panel/field assessment on 3/19 and got a blue star over selection decision on 5/16. No correspondence at all since 5/16. Haha, it's probably safe to say I can move on with my life at this point, right? No one else here is in the same boat?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9751 users online. 453 members and 9298 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X