300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
    Can anyone comment the perceived difficulty of the FAMS written test vs any other 1811 written tests they may have taken?
    Ice 1811 is long and a bit more challenging.

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post
        If any of your information has changed since submitting your SF86, do you contact somebody or wait for them to contact you?

Any 2nd announcement final offers?
        You can update at polygraph. None from second, just got my disqualified letter in mail yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoComment View Post
          You can update at polygraph. None from second, just got my disqualified letter in mail yesterday.
          Seems quite a few applicants from the 2nd have been DQ'd from the poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ddawg View Post
            Seems quite a few applicants from the 2nd have been DQ'd from the poly.
            duh. i work at ice and even they said that the scales are tilted too much in FAMS just like CBP. 80% of those who make it to the poly will be dq'd for either lying or for not getting favorable results or giving "good enough" responses.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
              duh. i work at ice and even they said that the scales are tilted too much in FAMS just like CBP. 80% of those who make it to the poly will be dq'd for either lying or for not getting favorable results or giving "good enough" responses.
              Just curious, I know someone who worked with HSI (non1811), failed a poly with another agency (non DHS even) and then applied for 1811 with hsi and was dq'd from the process bc of the poly from the other agency. They tried to fire him from current position but he ended up leaving bc there was no advancement after DHS found out he failed a poly elsewhere. Experience that yet Shock as I thought you said you applied for hsi?

Comment

• The HSI process will have a poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccortez6682 View Post
                  The HSI process will have a poly.
                  False. HSI/ICE "may have a poly". there has never been a poly for ice/hsi 1811 so i dont know what TripleH's friend is telling him. HSI may have a poly. since it is a secret clearance they may or may not do it. I am an ICE employee right now and i "failed" the fams poly and was told by agents and recruiters at ice im fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleH View Post
                    Just curious, I know someone who worked with HSI (non1811), failed a poly with another agency (non DHS even) and then applied for 1811 with hsi and was dq'd from the process bc of the poly from the other agency. They tried to fire him from current position but he ended up leaving bc there was no advancement after DHS found out he failed a poly elsewhere. Experience that yet Shock as I thought you said you applied for hsi?
                    idk what your friend told you but thats a lie lol. HSI is considering doing a poly ( A BIG MAYBE) only now for the first time ever. so if your friend applied for HSI 1811 he wasnt dq'd from the process because of a outside poly unless he said something very stupid or told them a truth that doesnt sit right with DHS

Comment

• 80% of FAMS and CBP applicants who even make it to the poly are DQ'd. Not to worry, life isn't over for an 1811 gig.
                      https://news.clearancejobs.com/2011/...ity-clearance/

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                        idk what your friend told you but thats a lie lol. HSI is considering doing a poly ( A BIG MAYBE) only now for the first time ever. so if your friend applied for HSI 1811 he wasnt dq'd from the process because of a outside poly unless he said something very stupid or told them a truth that doesnt sit right with DHS
                        Just wondering. I read the letter they sent him, no need to grt defensive just asking if you experienced it yet. But yes, a failed poly doesn't kill a clearance but it can impact a suitibility for another agency (suitibility and clearance are two completely separate processes). Also 80% is around 30% too high. Govt wide is around 50% failure and cpb and fams are nothing special different. I believe cia and fbi have highest failure rates right over 50 but not sure on that one

Comment

• Secret clearances usually just use an standard background/credit check, they normally don't do polygraphs. A Top Secret clearance will net you a poly, though.
                          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
                            Secret clearances usually just use an standard background/credit check, they normally don't do polygraphs. A Top Secret clearance will net you a poly, though.
                            Not always.
                            I had a TS for 12 years, a TS-SCI for 4, and I took my first poly when I was assigned to the JTTF but only because its FBI policy. Your agency makes the determination of a requirement for a poly or not. My agency granted me a TS and later an SCI and never required it. Because I was going to be given access to the FBI's system, they required it.

Many agents with TS clearance have never taken a poly.

Comment

• Hey guys just wondering if anyone who did their field office interviews at the beginning of June has gotten a selection decision update and subsequently conditional offer yet? I have been waiting for selection decision check mark since 6/27.

Thanks for any info

Comment

• Originally posted by Trispengel View Post
                                Hey guys just wondering if anyone who did their field office interviews at the beginning of June has gotten a selection decision update and subsequently conditional offer yet? I have been waiting for selection decision check mark since 6/27.

Thanks for any info
                                I'm in the same boat you are. Same time frame also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10199 users online. 373 members and 9826 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X