300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post
    Does the poly fall under the "pre appointment background check" or the "security clearance eligibility"?

Check mark for one, star for the other
    you passed. Congrats

Comment

• Originally posted by Figureout18 View Post
      you passed. Congrats
      Clear messages, Figure

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Okay done free to send

Comment

• Those of you that are getting hired on. Be ready to fly, fly, fly.

Talked to a couple of guys I flew with and they are flying their rears off now. Especially to overseas destinations due to the current threat.

Most are flying in, staying around 24 hours or less, then flying back home 2-3 times a week.

Great per diem but going to be hard on bodies.

Good luck have fun flying the friendly skies.

Comment

• Got an official call from FAMS that I "failed" my background. In speaking with a lot of you that took the poly, I've seen a pattern of one person giving a lot of the grief.

Those of you that "failed", if you are comfortable in messaging me about who it was that administered the test, I'd appreciate it. I was told I could appeal the decision, as this process hasn't been done in a very long time and they are wanting the feedback. I fully understand I have little chance of it, but not going down without swinging. Thanks in advance and wish you all the best in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoComment View Post
                Got an official call from FAMS that I "failed" my background. In speaking with a lot of you that took the poly, I've seen a pattern of one person giving a lot of the grief.

Those of you that "failed", if you are comfortable in messaging me about who it was that administered the test, I'd appreciate it. I was told I could appeal the decision, as this process hasn't been done in a very long time and they are wanting the feedback. I fully understand I have little chance of it, but not going down without swinging. Thanks in advance and wish you all the best in the process.
                I'm sorry to hear this. Did you get a letter as well as a phone call?

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post
                    Does anybody know how long the timeline from passing poly to final offer is?
                    Couple of days.

Comment

• Depends. Mine was actually close to a week or two. As hard as it is be patient. It will come.

Comment

• Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
                        Those of you that are getting hired on. Be ready to fly, fly, fly.

Talked to a couple of guys I flew with and they are flying their rears off now. Especially to overseas destinations due to the current threat.

Most are flying in, staying around 24 hours or less, then flying back home 2-3 times a week.

Great per diem but going to be hard on bodies.

Good luck have fun flying the friendly skies.
                        Thanks, If the only complaint about being a Sky Marshal is always being in the sky, I'm good to go. There are tons of cops on the "streets" right now wishing they were sitting on a quiet airplane making 90k a year. Don't get me wrong if your using the job as a stepping stone to an 1811 gig cool.

Comment

Last edited by BP3; 07-28-2016, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Anybody from the 2nd announcement still stuck with a blue star over medical? I completed that on Jun 14th and submitted all of my equip stuff on July 6. Still waiting to get my poly scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccortez6682 View Post
                              Thanks, If the only complaint about being a Sky Marshal is always being in the sky, I'm good to go.
                              You will think that until you start doing back to back internationals and start missing out on family events, hearing your kid talk for the first time or seeing it walk for the first time. Then there is the getting sick and can't get over it because you can't give your body time to recover. Then you start getting fat because you only have time to eat crappy airport food and don't have time to work out because your flight landed at 0001 and you have to be back up for a 0400 show time. Sleep for a few hours or go work out then sleep for even less. Not a hard choice to make if you want to stay awake during all your flights the next day.

There is a reason they are always hiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
                                You will think that until you start doing back to back internationals and start missing out on family events, hearing your kid talk for the first time or seeing it walk for the first time. Then there is the getting sick and can't get over it because you can't give your body time to recover. Then you start getting fat because you only have time to eat crappy airport food and don't have time to work out because your flight landed at 0001 and you have to be back up for a 0400 show time. Sleep for a few hours or go work out then sleep for even less. Not a hard choice to make if you want to stay awake during all your flights the next day.

There is a reason they are always hiring.
                                Obviously you never worked for the Secret Service, if the FAMS give me more than 10 days off a year I'll eat all the airport food. Lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4553 users online. 251 members and 4302 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X