300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NoComment View Post
    I was told I could go to Newark, philly, or AC for poly, so I assumed you could go to closest field office for it. Seeing how LA wasn't an option for you, do they really expect those selected for LA to fly across the country? One more WTF moment out of many I've seen in this process. I'm personally about $1500-$2000 invested in it, with others in here spending more.

yup I've traveled 4 times for this job. 3000$ in the hole.

Comment

I was told I could go to Newark, philly, or AC for poly, so I assumed you could go to closest field office for it. Seeing how LA wasn't an option for you, do they really expect those selected for LA to fly across the country? One more WTF moment out of many I've seen in this process. I'm personally about $1500-$2000 invested in it, with others in here spending more.
      I'm out west too. When I did mine I had to fly back. Sucks, but make a vacation out of it and see DC or NYC if you can.

Comment

do they really expect those selected for LA to fly across the country?
        Apparently they do.

There are several FLEO Agencies that will make you fly to them even if they have local offices that you could easily interview, test, do a Fit Test, etc... out of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Figureout18 View Post
          thats not true i know 4 people that went twice and got offers. no news is good news ill agree with that. if you took poly once and didn't get any question regarding national security and haven't been called to come back, id be more worried about that.
          What I'm saying is those who have gone twice seem to be the ones getting the bad news, I'm not saying its the kiss of death but its evident that if they had questions about your answers you'd go back or hear about it.

Comment

• [QUOTE=InfantryKO;3909653]What I'm saying is those who have gone twice seem to be the ones getting the bad news, I'm not saying its the kiss of death but its evident that if they had questions about your answers you'd go back or hear about it.[/QUOTE

Thats the thing with this process just when you think there is a pattern something happens that proves that pattern wrong. Every applicants process has its unique circumstances. From people I speak to some that are in the academy they've had both scenarios. There's no true pattern. Just my two cents. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
              Apparently they do.

There are several FLEO Agencies that will make you fly to them even if they have local offices that you could easily interview, test, do a Fit Test, etc... out of.

Yup the closest I was able to interview was Miami everything else I've had to fly to their headquarters or NYC area.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfantryKO View Post
                What I'm saying is those who have gone twice seem to be the ones getting the bad news, I'm not saying its the kiss of death but its evident that if they had questions about your answers you'd go back or hear about it.
                If you have to go back twice dont be discouraged, I had to go back a second time because they couldnt get an accurate read on me the first time I went and I initially thought I passed but the second reviewer wanted me to come back.Second time around went great and I was good to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by maddycurls View Post
                  If you have to go back twice dont be discouraged, I had to go back a second time because they couldnt get an accurate read on me the first time I went and I initially thought I passed but the second reviewer wanted me to come back.Second time around went great and I was good to go!
                  How quick did you hear back about your 2nd interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by InfantryKO View Post
                    How quick did you hear back about your 2nd interview?

Less than a week, this was also a while back when they were only working on the first annoucement and they have a lot of applicants now they are processing from all the annoucements. Patience is key!

Comment

• Does anyone know who to contact to check the result of a polygraph?

Comment

• Originally posted by C/ONWA1 View Post
                        Does anyone know who to contact to check the result of a polygraph?
                        Shock mentioned he called persec, but dunno who or how. Fams medical nor hr access could tell me. I was scheduled for drug test tho, last thing I had to do. Progression is a good thing.

Comment

• Who wants the #? im taking bids. we will do this like an auction haha

Comment

• I bid 50 ft of 550 cord, 6 Chem lights, and an E-tool one of my LCpls may (or may not) have "lost"

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• but with all honesty. dont feel discouraged by what im about to tell you folks. The polygraph is something you cannot prepare for and it IS the determining factor. If you go in nervous you won't have a good physiological reading on their stupid computer and can mess up the readings. I have been formally denied this position because I "had a significant response" to the questions relating to past illegal drug use. Mind you I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE EVEN TOUCHED A JOINT OR ANYTHING. So because of what some stupid computer that isn't even admissible in court, I don't move forward. The polygraphers themselves said I am overly qualified for this positions. I am a USMC combat vet, Embassy Guard, Marksmenship Instructor and have been working at the DEA for the past year. A COMPUTER TOLD ME I WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Take my experience with a grain of salt. Hillary can run for President but countless patriots, including myself are given the shaft and told to beat it. God Bless America.

Comment

• Drive on brother don't let it break you and keep hope for the future. It is sad that just one hiring phase ago you would have been on your way to being extended a final offer but, due to the mistakes of others and bureaucrats those who want to join this agency have to be held accountable by a machine that only fulfills false promises.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8435 users online. 452 members and 7983 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X