Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by M4V View Post
      Third announcement. I just finished setting up medical at AC next week. What is the recommended attire? Some say business casual while some say gym clothes. Any input is appreciated.
      Hey M4V, It's still apart of your hiring process. I would recommend business casual, but gym clothes has been worn during this process. It's totally up to you. Either options is fine, however you will be likely the only one in gym clothes.

Comment

Last edited by Eagle_3203; 08-02-2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
          clearly you have never taken a poly. I am a Marine Corps Veteran with an active Top Secret Clearance, working for ICE. The poly is a freaking joke, they said i showed a reaction to past drug use when i have never ever in my life ever consumed any drug of any kind. So before you start chiming in and putting your two cents in, walk in my shoes then you can chime in with your two cents
          Were you specifically told that you failed the poly?

My thing is this. If they were to hire all the individuals who made it to the hiring portion that includes the poly, that number would surely far exceed the number of slots they have available.

It is therefore expected that a certain amount of individuals will not make it through the process. Whether it is because they failed the medical, admitted to wrongdoing during polygraph or simply weren't among the best qualified.

So in a case like yours, it is possible that you not advancing has actually nothing to do with the polygraph, rather, they already filled the spots for the position.

In regards to the polygraph, I'm not a polygrapher but from experience I suspect polygraphers are trained to always leave doubt in your mind. They can't even give you a definite answer after the test is administered, it is always up to "HQ". The accusations on the drug issue for you, is just the polygrapher fishing. It's probable that you might have shown a slight reaction to that question so he narrowed it on topic or something on your SF86 suggested a concern in that area. Or none of the above.

This is why failing a polygraph doesn't constitute a denial of suitability even with the FBI, which if you fail their poly you can never work for them. (Funny the double standard they use btw as in regards to Hillary case. If one of us on here mishandled classified info our asses would be gone and possibly prosecuted)

So bottom line, take what they say as a grain of salt. There is a reason why only 1 in 10 people on here can honestly say they have never failed a poly if taken more than once or twice and why it's the most dreaded part of the hiring process.

Lastly, how is it that the polygraph is 80% accurate (numbers off top of my head) yet 50-60% of applicants for CBP and FBI fail? Either the standards are extremely high or half of applicants are liars, criminals or sociopaths - or all of the above. I think the reality is that there are not enough positions for the extreme amount of applicants and the polygraph is an additional filter to weed out applicants.

If you truly want to know whether someone has their head on their shoulders, a thorough background investigation will give the best determination of an applicant's suitability. However, that would cost too much money and time...

Again all the above is just my opinion and until someone from "HQ" that sits in adjudication chimes in, we can only speculate...
          Last edited by Ironlion09; 07-09-2016, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• Poly isn't admissible in court for a reason guys.

Thought they are using the voice stress computer these days...
            I don't expect you to know what it takes to deal with what I deal with every day in a high risk area because you've never been swinging in the breeze dealing with XYZ with no qualified immunity to protect everything you own and no cavalry at the end of a radio...

Comment

• Originally posted by DEAHEAT View Post
              Poly isn't admissible in court for a reason guys.

Thought they are using the voice stress computer these days...
              I think the point on here is that most people actually believe they "failed" the polygraph when in reality I believe the truth is that they simply weren't selected for other reasons. Meaning I believe that unless you admitted to illegal activity during the polygraph or showed extreme reaction to a certain way question, you move forward to adjudication where a determination is done based on all the facts collected up to that point.

Comment

• the way the polygraph works for this position is like this:
                Since FAMS is an Excepted Service Position, they can fire you or not hire you for any reason they see fit because it is a critically sensitive National Security Position. That means they don't need to give you a reason for not hiring you in this case. Now, in regards to the polygraph, if the results are not "favorable" for them, they don't have to hire you. You can be a Navy Seal CIA secret squirrel but if the polygraph isn't favorable then they don't have to hire you, and no reason is needed by them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironlion09 View Post
                  Were you specifically told that you failed the poly?

My thing is this. If they were to hire all the individuals who made it to the hiring portion that includes the poly, that number would surely far exceed the number of slots they have available.

It is therefore expected that a certain amount of individuals will not make it through the process. Whether it is because they failed the medical, admitted to wrongdoing during polygraph or simply weren't among the best qualified.

So in a case like yours, it is possible that you not advancing has actually nothing to do with the polygraph, rather, they already filled the spots for the position.

In regards to the polygraph, I'm not a polygrapher but from experience I suspect polygraphers are trained to always leave doubt in your mind. They can't even give you a definite answer after the test is administered, it is always up to "HQ". The accusations on the drug issue for you, is just the polygrapher fishing. It's probable that you might have shown a slight reaction to that question so he narrowed it on topic or something on your SF86 suggested a concern in that area. Or none of the above.

This is why failing a polygraph doesn't constitute a denial of suitability even with the FBI, which if you fail their poly you can never work for them. (Funny the double standard they use btw as in regards to Hillary case. If one of us on here mishandled classified info our asses would be gone and possibly prosecuted)

So bottom line, take what they say as a grain of salt. There is a reason why only 1 in 10 people on here can honestly say they have never failed a poly if taken more than once or twice and why it's the most dreaded part of the hiring process.

Lastly, how is it that the polygraph is 80% accurate (numbers off top of my head) yet 50-60% of applicants for CBP and FBI fail? Either the standards are extremely high or half of applicants are liars, criminals or sociopaths - or all of the above. I think the reality is that there are not enough positions for the extreme amount of applicants and the polygraph is an additional filter to weed out applicants.

If you truly want to know whether someone has their head on their shoulders, a thorough background investigation will give the best determination of an applicant's suitability. However, that would cost too much money and time...

Again all the above is just my opinion and until someone from "HQ" that sits in adjudication chimes in, we can only speculate...
                  you hit it right on the head

Comment

• Call today from HR Access to accept conditional offer on 3rd post. Those that accepted an offer on 2nd also, I was told it would cause no issues and everything carries over with it. Wasn't location I wanted, but still happy with whatever I got.

As someone that has taken poly for this, it's no walk in the park. I've taken others and passed, but this one was pretty rough. Still waiting on results, and based off what I've seen on here, I will be waiting a while. Good luck to all who are progressing. Just left with drug test now, oddly enough. I was told on phone today I would have to go to a field office for a drug test, but that contradicts a FAM contact in medical that said I could take it "locally". I am 7 hours from closest field office, and the thought of driving 7 hours to and from for a pee test makes me cringe. Anyone know a bit better?

Comment

• Originally posted by NoComment View Post
                      Just left with drug test now, oddly enough. I was told on phone today I would have to go to a field office for a drug test, but that contradicts a FAM contact in medical that said I could take it "locally". I am 7 hours from closest field office, and the thought of driving 7 hours to and from for a pee test makes me cringe. Anyone know a bit better?
                      FAMS medical will call you and schedule you at a third party test site. I'm a few hours from a FAMS office as well, but just had to go 15 minutes to a local pee test place for mine.

Comment

• Done with everything ladies and gents, just waiting for the call.....or final offer.

Comment

• Frost, clear PM's

Comment

• Ok so done

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostbite 22 View Post
                              Ok so done
                              Last edited by NoComment; 07-09-2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Well I'm out of the second announcement folks... Good luck on the poly, 9 years as an LEO and no failed poly and they stated in a mailed letter that I deliberately tried to manipulate the exam and that I showed significant response to drug use... SMH, ridiculous concidering I haven't touched an illegal drug or even a prescribed one in 15+ years

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11780 users online. 442 members and 11338 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X