Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like you will have to go to either NYC or NJ to complete portions of the process. This will weed out lot of applicants who arent in that area of the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by caseyp View Post
      Just go to usajobs.gov and type in "federal air marshal." Not sure if you're a current federal government employee or not but this one is only open to current feds. The other one, which will be open to all U.S. citizens opens the 11-19th. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about those dates.
      I tried this and still can not find the post. Is it under a different title?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostbite 22 View Post
        I tried this and still can not find the post. Is it under a different title?
        Make sure you select the government employees only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• My question is when the one opens for all U.S. Citizens will they offer more locations besides Queens & Newark?

HSI SA
          Application Submitted: 6/8/11
          Vacancy NOR: GL 9 (93.0)
          Test: 9/6/11
          Test NOR: 11/03/11
          Panel: 12/05/11
          Panel NOR: 01/24/12
          TSL: 03/23/12
          Med/Drug Test: 04/02/12
          Cleared Background: 4/18/12
          Cleared Medical: 4/19/12
          CLEARED TO EOD: 4/19/12

Comment

• LAW33313 I think you will see the exact same posting for everyone as you currently see for feds i.e. same locations, requirements, etc. It will be incredibly interesting to see how many they actually end up hiring off of both lists.

Comment

• Was going to apply but those duty stations are no go's for me.

Comment

• No thanks

81k to work/live in NY or NJ? lol yeah right no thanks...

Originally posted by LAW33313 View Post
                My question is when the one opens for all U.S. Citizens will they offer more locations besides Queens & Newark?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jrod26 View Post
                  81k to work/live in NY or NJ? lol yeah right no thanks...
                  That's high end of base salary..... You will start off at low end of the band.

Only thing that saves you is the per diem....

Comment

• Yeah I know that was me laying down a best case scenario in terms of base pay. So with per diem included what do you figure the average annual income would be for a FAM working out of either location?
                    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by caseyp View Post
                      Moreover, the implementation of the poly should weed out a TON of "unfit" candidates (depending on your opinion of polygraphs). So Xman, if you've led a relatively clean personal and professional life I'd say your chances just exponentially went up! Good luck man.
                      I failed the polygraph for US Secret Service, while I was a BOP Correctional Officer. So basically USSS thought I was not trustworthy enough to be a federal LEO but I already was one. To make matter worse, I was hired by Border Patrol a few months later, and after 4 years there became a Deportation Officer with ICE.

The ability of the poly to determine if I was unfit obviously was a resounding failure.

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

Well if you are coming from another federal job, you may start at the high end. Plus they do get 25% LEAP. Oh and they get some form of FLSA on top of LEAP too. So it is quite possible that you could start closer to six figures, but that isn't necessarily enough to be living well in NYC metro.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post

Well if you are coming from another federal job, you may start at the high end. Plus they do get 25% LEAP. Oh and they get some form of FLSA on top of LEAP too. So it is quite possible that you could start closer to six figures, but that isn't necessarily enough to be living well in NYC metro.
                        Good point about starting at the higher end if you're already a Fed. But with TSA.....who knows.

My bad on the LEAP.....

A 100K in NYC...... ? Very doable if you are single. I did it in Hawaii and had no issues......

Comment

• Too bad FAMS doesn't take retired annuitants like FLETC did. I wouldn't mind doing that flying stuff as a retiree.
                          They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jrod26 View Post
                            Yeah I know that was me laying down a best case scenario in terms of base pay. So with per diem included what do you figure the average annual income would be for a FAM working out of either location?
                            80K-100K since you get LEAP and some form of FLSA.......

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                              I failed the polygraph for US Secret Service, while I was a BOP Correctional Officer. So basically USSS thought I was not trustworthy enough to be a federal LEO but I already was one.
                              Not necessarily. I had that issue with the CIA. I was telling the truth but I showed deceptive. I was washed out. I was told by someone in the know that they want employees that they could put on the box down the road, if necessary, and get accurate reads. With me (and probably you), the agency didn't like that they couldn't read you like a book. Ironically, I passed the USSS poly years later.
                              They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

• Anyone know if you can be in National Guard while employed by FAMS?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5944 users online. 200 members and 5744 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X