300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4ston View Post
    That should be it. If not, just search "Federal Air Marshal" and click Federal Employees Only

https://www.usajobs.gov/Search?keywo...&search=Search
    Thank you! Just finished applying.

Comment

• Just read the announcement...exciting! Can't wait to apply for it once the "All US Citizens" process beings!

Best of luck to everyone who applies!

Comment

• Queens and Newark are the only two locations.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
          Queens and Newark are the only two locations.....
          I heard a rumor that later in 2016 that the FAMS will be hiring for "other" Field Offices. Don't know where though.

Comment

• Prior to appointment, an applicant must not have reached his or her 37th birthday unless the applicant can provide proof of current or previous service in a Federal civilian law enforcement retirement- covered position (after subtracting the year/months of prior Federal service worked in a primary law enforcement position, you must be less than 37 years of age).

I've seen some other jobs where the age restriction doesn't apply if you are veterans preference eligible. I don't see anything about that here, so I guess I can't even apply. When the hell did I get old? This sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
              I heard a rumor that later in 2016 that the FAMS will be hiring for "other" Field Offices. Don't know where though.
              They are closing/closed smaller Field Offices.

NYC, DC, LA, etc.... will be it more than likely....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                Not a true statement.....

IF you get hired by the FAMS, you will shoot, and shoot, and shoot.....till you become very good down at NM. You will go thru buckets of ammo daily.....

Most firearms instructors prefer to have non-shooters over shooters as shooter don't tend to correct their mistakes as easily......
                At FLETC for both UPTP and CITP you shoot for a solid month and a half and people still regularly get the boot for failure to get the qualifying score of 210. Not sure if you saw it but I revised my statement by saying with proper instruction most people can shoot a 255 but I think we have all been a part of agencies and ranges that have their group of shooters that seem to struggle to qualify for whatever reason even with proper instruction, happens with every agency.
                Last edited by caseyp; 01-04-2016, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• Well the announcement has been put out and I think a curveball few saw coming was it being exclusive to New York. Moreover, the implementation of the poly should weed out a TON of "unfit" candidates (depending on your opinion of polygraphs). So Xman, if you've led a relatively clean personal and professional life I'd say your chances just exponentially went up! Good luck man.

Comment

• on the announcement it says you need to have experience that will demonstrate the ability to: "analyze problems, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions; plan and organize work; and communicate effectively orally and in writing." Is that what there looking for?? I feel like i`m missing something because that seems open ended.............i live like 20 minutes from newark
                    Last edited by hexen220; 01-04-2016, 05:58 AM.
                    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                      on the announcement it says you need to have experience that will demonstrate the ability to: "analyze problems, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions; plan and organize work; and communicate effectively orally and in writing." Is that what there looking for?? I feel like i`m missing something because that seems open ended.............i live like 20 minutes from newark
                      Haha that is possibly the easiest job description to fit into your resume ever..honestly I expected more qualifications but hey its TSA...essentially if you graduated high school you're qualified

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Where is the announcement??

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
                          Where is the announcement??
                          Just go to usajobs.gov and type in "federal air marshal." Not sure if you're a current federal government employee or not but this one is only open to current feds. The other one, which will be open to all U.S. citizens opens the 11-19th. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about those dates.
                          Last edited by caseyp; 01-04-2016, 08:29 AM. Reason: Thanks for the correction on dates Texas343

Comment

• Originally posted by caseyp View Post
                            just go to usajobs.gov and type in "federal air marshal." not sure if you're a current federal government employee or not but this one is only open to current feds. The other one, which will be open to all u.s. Citizens opens the 14th i believe. Someone please correct me if i am wrong about those dates.
                            fyi:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14426[/ATTACH]

Comment

• For the sake of asking, why are the two announcements being opened at different times? Don't they usually open an internal and external at the same time and run them though the same closing dates? Not that it matters, jut curious. For everyone that can apply to both, do you submit separate apps in situations like these?

Comment

• Originally posted by cuffs309 View Post
                                For the sake of asking, why are the two announcements being opened at different times? Don't they usually open an internal and external at the same time and run them though the same closing dates? Not that it matters, jut curious. For everyone that can apply to both, do you submit separate apps in situations like these?
                                They are giving vets, TSA, and other government workers first dibs... I'm sure TSA worked out a drug deal for some of its BDO's and Inspectors to get hired. TSA controls the FAM purse.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11666 users online. 473 members and 11193 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X