Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS)

    Hey guys,

    Have been lurking around here for a while and kept up with the 'old' FAMS thread while it still was unlocked. Just wanted to generate some respectful discussion on the FAMS and possible hiring processes to come!

    Has anyone heard much or have a guess as to when they might begin hiring? I've looked all over online and the closest thing I've found is some sort of budget that supposedly gives the TSA some $ in the next year to hire? Any idea if that's true?

    Thanks and stay safe!

  • #2
    That's what i have heard too, maybe next year. But who knows, i also heard that this year they might do a class and the year is over.

    Comment


    • #3
      This is what I was referring to:

      http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fil...t_in_Brief.pdf

      Pg 61 refers to the lifting of a hiring freeze for the FAMS for FY16. Don't know how accurate/true that is though! (For those who may be wondering, that link is to a public budget document from the DHS site).

      Comment


      • #4
        All the FAMS I know say there will be no new hiring because of the upcoming moves DHS is paying for to move FAMS from offices that are closing to the ones that are staying open......

        I just hung with several that flew into FRA over the weekend......at least that's what their particular field office is saying......especially since it's closing and they are moving to bigger offices.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, that's a bummer to hear. I wonder what the DHS Budget-in-Brief is referring to. Only time will tell...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
            Hey guys,

            Have been lurking around here for a while and kept up with the 'old' FAMS thread while it still was unlocked. Just wanted to generate some respectful discussion on the FAMS and possible hiring processes to come!

            Has anyone heard much or have a guess as to when they might begin hiring? I've looked all over online and the closest thing I've found is some sort of budget that supposedly gives the TSA some $ in the next year to hire? Any idea if that's true?

            Thanks and stay safe!
            I spoke with a guy who told me they were shutting down his office and many others across the country. He seemed very doubtful there would ever be any new hiring.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, at the end of the day it is what it is.

              I'm sure the competition will be intense for the handful of positions they'll have...IF they ever hire again. Not gonna get my hopes up right now...but would certainly apply the moment it opens!

              For those who may be interested, a helpful nugget if you don't know: you can subscribe for alerts on USA Jobs to email you for specific jobs. I just entered the key words "Federal Air Marshal". Just wanted to share.

              Comment


              • #8
                Just wait until the next hijacking. Plenty of jobs then...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Job Title: Transportation Security Specialist
                  Department: Department Of Homeland Security
                  Agency: Transportation Security Administration
                  Job Announcement Number: FAM-HQ-FIELDOPS-15-961627
                  SALARY RANGE:$49,874.00 to $94,264.00 / Per Year
                  OPEN PERIOD:Monday, December 14, 2015 to Tuesday, December 29, 2015
                  SERIES & GRADE:SV-1801-G/H
                  POSITION INFORMATION:Full Time - Permanent
                  PROMOTION POTENTIAL:H
                  DUTY LOCATIONS:1 vacancy in the following location:
                  Arlington, VA View Map
                  WHO MAY APPLY:Open to all U.S. Citizens.
                  Salary listed includes a Locality Pay of 24.22%.
                  Position is located in Arlington, VA.

                  DUTIES:
                  This Transportation Security Specialist is located in the Investigations, Referrals, and Analysis (IR&A) Unit, Security Threat Assessment Operations (STAO) Section, Law Enforcement Programs Branch, Field Operations Division, Office of Law Enforcement/Federal Air Marshal Service (OLE/FAMS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will be supporting operations performing multiple, varying and complex technical and analytical duties for projects and programs to improve the overall security of the transportation system, authorizing access to sensitive areas of airport facilities and making waiver determinations related to federally restricted airspace. Duties also include but are not limited to:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LONG_HORN View Post
                    Job Title: Transportation Security Specialist
                    Department: Department Of Homeland Security
                    Agency: Transportation Security Administration
                    Job Announcement Number: FAM-HQ-FIELDOPS-15-961627
                    SALARY RANGE:$49,874.00 to $94,264.00 / Per Year
                    OPEN PERIOD:Monday, December 14, 2015 to Tuesday, December 29, 2015
                    SERIES & GRADE:SV-1801-G/H
                    POSITION INFORMATION:Full Time - Permanent
                    PROMOTION POTENTIAL:H
                    DUTY LOCATIONS:1 vacancy in the following location:
                    Arlington, VA View Map
                    WHO MAY APPLY:Open to all U.S. Citizens.
                    Salary listed includes a Locality Pay of 24.22%.
                    Position is located in Arlington, VA.

                    DUTIES:
                    This Transportation Security Specialist is located in the Investigations, Referrals, and Analysis (IR&A) Unit, Security Threat Assessment Operations (STAO) Section, Law Enforcement Programs Branch, Field Operations Division, Office of Law Enforcement/Federal Air Marshal Service (OLE/FAMS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will be supporting operations performing multiple, varying and complex technical and analytical duties for projects and programs to improve the overall security of the transportation system, authorizing access to sensitive areas of airport facilities and making waiver determinations related to federally restricted airspace. Duties also include but are not limited to:
                    Rest assured that vacancy announcements that only have a single position open are almost always written and tailored for someone specific that they already have in mind.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Okay, so just to make sure, that "Security Specialist" position, that isn't an actual FAM posting right? I'm assuming if the FAMS ever hire that the job description will be "Federal Air Marshal"?

                      Thanks guys.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Texas343 View Post
                        Okay, so just to make sure, that "Security Specialist" position, that isn't an actual FAM posting right? I'm assuming if the FAMS ever hire that the job description will be "Federal Air Marshal"?

                        Thanks guys.
                        The job title years ago, prior to 2002 was "civil aviation security specialist". In late 2002, early 2003 the job title was officially changed to "Federal Air Marshal" and has been ever since.

                        The position in the posting above is for a support position, not a LE position.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I received this email today

                          Dear xxxxxxx,

                          The Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS) is now hiring and looking for veterans specifically. Join this exceptional team of law enforcement professionals working to secure the homeland. The critical role of a Federal Air Marshal (FAM) requires a workforce that reflects the diverse public we protect and serve. This with a military background are urged to consider a career with the FAMS, particularly females.


                          TSA will host a virtual career fair to connect you with recruiters responsible for filling FAM positions in New York and New Jersey to start, and we encourage you to attend if you feel this may be a career of interest to you.


                          Application Requirements:

                          *** Polygraph test-new requirement*for all FAM*applicants

                          *** Successfully pass a medical*evaluation

                          *** Participate in a physical fitness assessment

                          *** Must be 21 years of*age*at time of application

                          *** Must be under the*age*of 37 at the time of appointment (exception*applies)



                          Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks for sharing that. I can't seem to find a vacancy announcement on USA Jobs; maybe it's not up yet?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              From the way the email is written it would appear they are only hiring veterans...through the veterans recruitment appointment or VRA, government agencies can hire qualified veterans directly without actually posting a hiring announcement I believe...although I could be wrong

                              Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 11193 users online. 442 members and 10751 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X