300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ State Trooper

I am a 21yr old male, who will be graduating from University of North Carolina at Wilmington with a B.A. in Crinimal Justice and a Minor in Spanish. I am originally from New Jersey, and upon graduation in May I plan on moving back to begin my career in law enforcement. I will be following in the footsteps of my father who is a retired Chief, my brother who is a NJ state trooper, and my other brother who is a Raleigh, NC officer. I am hoping to get on with the NJ state police, but unfortunately they have YET to post their applications on their website, even though they stated that they were doing so in November. It will be competetive, but we will see. I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions about some departments in NJ, PA or NY to work at. I need some back up plans. I was hoping somebody could help me out, its hard trying to figure things out in NJ, still being in NC. Oh and just for the interested, my brother was on officer.com a few weeks ago....he is the Raleigh officer that got assaulted, and beaten with his baton. He is okay, he is having surgery on his shoulder today. Anyway, if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi Baldog:

First, sorry to hear about your borther. I send him and your family my best.

I am not a police officer, but am currently pretty far along in the state police selection process. I just have my background investigation left, so I am familiar with the rest of selection process and have spoken to many Troopers on the subject.

New applications were supposed to come out in November and be due in May, but as you said that has been changed. I have heard that they plan to hire a good number of Troopers over the next few years (maybe 700-1000?), so now may be the best time to apply (when apps. become available, of course). I'm sure your brother may have more accurate information since he is a Trooper, but feel free to PM me or post any questions about the selection process, and I would be more than happy to tell you about my experiences.

You probably know that having a degree is a huge positive since only 60 credits plue 2 years work experience is required. Also, having a minor in Spanish should be a plus as well.

As far as back-up, I believe the civil service test will be administered in the Spring of next year.

Let me know if you have any other questions I may be able to help you with.

Good luck! (Oh, and keep your fingers crossed for me, too, would ya??? )
    The best revenge is a good life.

Comment

Applications are now available for the New Jersey State Police. You can download them at www.njsp.org. The next classes are scheduled for winter of 2004 according to the application.
      The best revenge is a good life.

Comment

NY State Police are hiring- applications are available online or can be mailed. Written tests are coming up in or around March, 2004.
        NYPD isn't hiring I don't think, but give it a little while, they will be.
        I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6877 users online. 327 members and 6550 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X