Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical

Originally posted by SF7.62 View Post
    For anyone has completed the One Stop.

Question regarding medical. Specifically vision testing. Did you take a color vision test?

I have a color vision deficiency. But actually employed by a full time fed swat team. Every agency has slightly different standards. Just curious if they test and if anyone knows what test is used.
    I attended OS in Tampa. ICE vision test is the most indepth vision test I have seen..at least the one in Tampa. it started with reading the chart from 20ft, then colorblindiness test.. You will need to identify numbers embeded in colored dots, and trace the the shape of lines figures embeded in colored dots using your finger, then they asked me to put a string next to my none and hold something with some letters so they can test near vision. Lastly, but not least they asked me to open a book, and look at some figures.. And tell them which one stands out. There were a total of 10 figures.. As you look at them, and move to the next it becomes more difficult to tell yhe difference..
    With that being said, I am not sure if all contracted medical team use the same standard. Good luck.

Comment

• For anybody that had to send a fax or mail documents to medical.

Did you get confirmation that it was received? I faxed mine and I only have the confirmation from the place I sent it from that it was received. Also sent them an email, but no response. I figured they wouldn't respond, but it would suck to get denied based on them losing my paper. Just wondering if anyone actually got a response saying their paperwork had been received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ice is open for NY ,DHS employeeshttps://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/433109500/

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
          Ice is open for NY ,DHS employeeshttps://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/433109500/
          Done. Hope this doesn't affect my Fairfax, Va referral though. I'd much rather Va over NY but I'm getting desperate waiting for that TSL.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
            Done. Hope this doesn't affect my Fairfax, Va referral though. I'd much rather Va over NY but I'm getting desperate waiting for that TSL.
            Yeah same here is received my score months ago and never heard antyping else from my VA app.

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
              Yeah same here is received my score months ago and never heard antyping else from my VA app.
              Aren't those DHS only announcements for people who already graduated an immigration academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by MHenrey50 View Post
                Aren't those DHS only announcements for people who already graduated an immigration academy?
                Yes and no. Some academies will exempt you from having to go through Deportation academy such as a Border Patrol applicant. This same type of applicant should also be able to score high on the KSA's. A TSA Officer could apply in theory because they are DHS employees but will score almost no points on the KSA's because they don't do this kinda work. Now if that same TSA Officer was prior BOP or a police officer, he'd have a much better chance because he'd be able to answer those KSA's with higher results. Throw on vet points and even better. That's the way I see it.

Comment

Yes and no. Some academies will exempt you from having to go through Deportation academy such as a Border Patrol applicant. This same type of applicant should also be able to score high on the KSA's. A TSA Officer could apply in theory because they are DHS employees but will score almost no points on the KSA's because they don't do this kinda work. Now if that same TSA Officer was prior BOP or a police officer, he'd have a much better chance because he'd be able to answer those KSA's with higher results. Throw on vet points and even better. That's the way I see it.
                  It requires to have already completed the ICE academy or the Border Patrol academy. Those announcements are pretty much only for transfers, PA's and legacy inspectors.

Comment

• Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
                    It requires to have already completed the ICE academy or the Border Patrol academy. Those announcements are pretty much only for transfers, PA's and legacy inspectors.
                    Correct, which I am. I was pointing out another way to justify an application but this would require going through their academy which most folks wouldn't mind doing if they meet the requirements and get referred and the TSL.

Comment

Correct, which I am. I was pointing out another way to justify an application but this would require going through their academy which most folks wouldn't mind doing if they meet the requirements and get referred and the TSL.
                      It actually requires to have already completed the academy. The GS5 to GS7 announcements don't require it, however GS9+ do

Comment

• Has anyone that had to submit additional medical stuff get any updates?

Comment

• Relieved to post that I made it through the NYC processing. Even better they are using my current and adjudicated DHS BI.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Lots of great applicants and professionals. Good luck everyone.

No info on academy dates. No news is good news until the unexpected call :-)

Comment

• ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

I was told from a friend in the FO that this NYC announcement is going to be filled internally

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                              I was told from a friend in the FO that this NYC announcement is going to be filled internally

Weren't there NYC openings in the last public announcements?
                              OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                                Has anyone that had to submit additional medical stuff get any updates?
                                I sent my fax last week and have tried to get confirmation that it was received and haven't. I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if they can confirm that they have it.

Other than that, nothing new for the moment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4285 users online. 247 members and 4038 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X