Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

    Originally posted by Disfacere View Post
    Hey guys,

    I have a question for anyone that has been hired through a federal LEO agency.

    Would a suspension from their current job cause one to fail a background check for their background interview with ICE DO?

    Any input is highly recommended. Thanks!
    Whether you disclosed it or it was discovered will be one of the most important factors.

    Suitability is governed by 5 CFR 731. The mitigating factors are as follows:

    (1) The nature of the position for which the person is applying or in which the person is employed;

    (2) The nature and seriousness of the conduct;

    (3) The circumstances surrounding the conduct;

    (4) The recency of the conduct;

    (5) The age of the person involved at the time of the conduct;

    (6) Contributing societal conditions; and

    (7) The absence or presence of rehabilitation or efforts toward rehabilitation.

    Disclosure and time between the conduct and now with no pattern of the conduct and evidence of rehabilitation can cure most any issue.

    Comment


    • Suspension no, termination would for sure. Just be ready to explain why you were suspended and have them look into it. My friend that got hired a while ago was on admin leave due to an investigation with his prior fed agency and they looked into it pretty good.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Good luck Angelenos!
        Get some [emoji13]


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Sooooo.... Just got married this wknd and hadn't had a chance to check my gov email until today. On March 8 I received an email stating I wasn't cleared due to a medical hold up. Reading the email attachments further it stated my ekg revealed several things including heart defects. I was like wtf??

          During my ekg at the Dallas OS the nurse complained about the cheap ***** stickies they gave her to use and how it was making it very difficult to get a reading. Well her first attempt wouldn't read so she tried again and no reading then either. So then she makes me switch the side of the table I'm laying on and finally gets a reading. But she said "welp, that's what we're are gonna go with." Then writes "best I could get" on my ekg sheet. The last thing I did was visit with the Doc about my reading and she thought I wrote that!? I was like, uh no, the nurse did. Well she crosses it out and reviews it anyways and said there weren't any issues and signed off on it....

          Then I get the email. Just kinda frustrating because I'm in really good shape and only 30 yoa. I don't have heart blockage or failure!!!! Arggggh!!!

          So now I have to go to a physician here and get retested and fax that shiz in pronto. On my own dime not to mention. Ohhhhh how I love the gov.

          Anybody else experience shenanigans like this? Particularly at the Dallas OS?

          Comment


          • Medical

            Originally posted by ldfergu View Post
            Sooooo.... Just got married this wknd and hadn't had a chance to check my gov email until today. On March 8 I received an email stating I wasn't cleared due to a medical hold up. Reading the email attachments further it stated my ekg revealed several things including heart defects. I was like wtf??

            During my ekg at the Dallas OS the nurse complained about the cheap ***** stickies they gave her to use and how it was making it very difficult to get a reading. Well her first attempt wouldn't read so she tried again and no reading then either. So then she makes me switch the side of the table I'm laying on and finally gets a reading. But she said "welp, that's what we're are gonna go with." Then writes "best I could get" on my ekg sheet. The last thing I did was visit with the Doc about my reading and she thought I wrote that!? I was like, uh no, the nurse did. Well she crosses it out and reviews it anyways and said there weren't any issues and signed off on it....

            Then I get the email. Just kinda frustrating because I'm in really good shape and only 30 yoa. I don't have heart blockage or failure!!!! Arggggh!!!

            So now I have to go to a physician here and get retested and fax that shiz in pronto. On my own dime not to mention. Ohhhhh how I love the gov.

            Anybody else experience shenanigans like this? Particularly at the Dallas OS?

            I did one stop in Tampa, the EKG machine said that I was having heart attack at the moment being tested. I have no history.... The Dr. Said machine was wrong and made mistake.. I hope I CE does not turn around and screw me.....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ldfergu View Post
              Sooooo.... Just got married this wknd and hadn't had a chance to check my gov email until today. On March 8 I received an email stating I wasn't cleared due to a medical hold up. Reading the email attachments further it stated my ekg revealed several things including heart defects. I was like wtf??

              During my ekg at the Dallas OS the nurse complained about the cheap ***** stickies they gave her to use and how it was making it very difficult to get a reading. Well her first attempt wouldn't read so she tried again and no reading then either. So then she makes me switch the side of the table I'm laying on and finally gets a reading. But she said "welp, that's what we're are gonna go with." Then writes "best I could get" on my ekg sheet. The last thing I did was visit with the Doc about my reading and she thought I wrote that!? I was like, uh no, the nurse did. Well she crosses it out and reviews it anyways and said there weren't any issues and signed off on it....

              Then I get the email. Just kinda frustrating because I'm in really good shape and only 30 yoa. I don't have heart blockage or failure!!!! Arggggh!!!

              So now I have to go to a physician here and get retested and fax that shiz in pronto. On my own dime not to mention. Ohhhhh how I love the gov.

              Anybody else experience shenanigans like this? Particularly at the Dallas OS?
              Do you have to see a physician or a cardiologist? I specifically was told I had to see a cardiologist for my irregular ekg and high blood pressure. I have a big arm and they never use the right size cuff so my blood pressure always reads at stroke level to these people. I then needed my primary and the cardiologist to sign off on me. Oh and due to asthma (which I hadn't had any problems with in over a decade) I needed to see a pulmonary specialist as well.

              Comment


              • It's prob a cardiologist

                Comment


                • I'm hearing from my listed references that investigators have contacted them for my background check... Guessing that's progress.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 31bguardians View Post
                    I'm hearing from my listed references that investigators have contacted them for my background check... Guessing that's progress.
                    31b,
                    Are you from the Dallas One Stop Group?

                    Comment


                    • Background check interview yet?


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ldfergu View Post
                        Sooooo.... Just got married this wknd and hadn't had a chance to check my gov email until today. On March 8 I received an email stating I wasn't cleared due to a medical hold up. Reading the email attachments further it stated my ekg revealed several things including heart defects. I was like wtf??

                        During my ekg at the Dallas OS the nurse complained about the cheap ***** stickies they gave her to use and how it was making it very difficult to get a reading. Well her first attempt wouldn't read so she tried again and no reading then either. So then she makes me switch the side of the table I'm laying on and finally gets a reading. But she said "welp, that's what we're are gonna go with." Then writes "best I could get" on my ekg sheet. The last thing I did was visit with the Doc about my reading and she thought I wrote that!? I was like, uh no, the nurse did. Well she crosses it out and reviews it anyways and said there weren't any issues and signed off on it....

                        Then I get the email. Just kinda frustrating because I'm in really good shape and only 30 yoa. I don't have heart blockage or failure!!!! Arggggh!!!

                        So now I have to go to a physician here and get retested and fax that shiz in pronto. On my own dime not to mention. Ohhhhh how I love the gov.

                        Anybody else experience shenanigans like this? Particularly at the Dallas OS?
                        I had something similar happen except mine was with the blood pressure machine. I had my bp checked immediately after my interview and it was high. I was like wtf. Anyways right before checking out one of the nurses tells me they need to recheck my bp. I was like I just finished the fitness test 5 minutes ago. The nurses checks it again, and now my bp was in the normal range. So my bp was now lower after doing the fit test.

                        Comment


                        • Reading Delphi I can see that I'm not the only one. I wish they were honest and just said they were having problems with the ekg machine rather than telling me my heart doesn't work. Fortunately I know better but that could really freak someone out. Pretty ridiculous

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ldfergu View Post
                            It's prob a cardiologist
                            Not sure where you live but if you have a few cardiologists I would see who could see you first after you explain you need this done ASAP. The cardiologist I saw got me in within a week but gave me a hard time cause he wanted my primary to write a script for the stress test and explain why I needed it even though I had the letter from ICE explaining why. Then it was almost another week for the results which he got the day HR set for my due date for everything. They ended up giving me a week extension because I still hadn't received the results from the pulmonary Dr. After all was done (end of sept) my stuff sat with medical what seemed like forever. I was told I cleared medical first week Nov and got the call mid Nov. I think I spent $3-400 in co-pays they literally charged me a co-pay for everything (test, seeing the Dr and reading the results which was charged as 2 co-pays same visit though, filling the form out etc)

                            Comment


                            • No, I'm from the Tampa one just recently.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by GITNB View Post
                                Not sure where you live but if you have a few cardiologists I would see who could see you first after you explain you need this done ASAP. The cardiologist I saw got me in within a week but gave me a hard time cause he wanted my primary to write a script for the stress test and explain why I needed it even though I had the letter from ICE explaining why. Then it was almost another week for the results which he got the day HR set for my due date for everything. They ended up giving me a week extension because I still hadn't received the results from the pulmonary Dr. After all was done (end of sept) my stuff sat with medical what seemed like forever. I was told I cleared medical first week Nov and got the call mid Nov. I think I spent $3-400 in co-pays they literally charged me a co-pay for everything (test, seeing the Dr and reading the results which was charged as 2 co-pays same visit though, filling the form out etc)
                                Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I've called every cardiologist with an hour radius as I live in Del Rio TX. Earliest is Monday at 1030. I've left a message with medical on the 5337 number and hoping they call me back and give me an extension.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 158135 users online. 144 members and 157991 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X