Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cvboy View Post
    The process was smooth.

1.You check-in at front desk so they know you have arrived

2.You stop at PSU so they can tell you if your clearance is good to go or if an investigator will contact you later to initiate background check (this will happen because my current clearance from DEA is outdated).

3.You go meet medical staff. They will give you a packet with many pages to fill out re: your medical history etc.

4.Once you finish filling out the medical packet the show begins. From that point you will be told to go to whichever lane has less people waiting.It could be drug test, EKG, vision, hearing, TB test, vitals and then meet with Physician Assistant etc. During your meeting with PA, you will address multiple things. If you have VA rating, like me, be prepared to present your VA rating letter, tell them the day the decision was made, what date it became effective (if retroactive), and all the dates you were treated for your injuries/condition. The reason being is that every time you check the yes box for having a condition or past injury etc. you need to explain the who, what, when, why, etc. Once the PA is done with you, you will then see a doctor. He/She will go over everything and after he/she gives you a go you are ready to do PT test.

5.I was interviewed after medical, but before PT test. That’s the way it worked out. After interview I was told to wait outside for a few minutes. I was then called in, and told that I passed the interview.

6.PT test was the last thing for me.The test is not hard, but I have to say that people FAILED. So do not take it for granted. People failed for not following direction during kneeling/Stand test, and people failed the step test. People got tired, did not keep up the pace etc.There were at least two academy instructors in the room watching medical staff administer the test. One of them told me he was not happy that some people barely passed the test….

Regarding those that failed PT test.. It was sad because people paid money for hotel, travel, food etc… to get there. Not to mention, the fact that it was a bit embarrassing to fail the test in front of ICE academy instructors and medical staff.. then to walk out and everyone in the hallway knows that you have failed. I am not criticizing anyone just saying don’t take this test for granted. I followed advice given here by others, and practiced. The average height of most chairs is 18”. Three weeks before the test I downloaded a metronome on my iphone, for free, and started to practice at 96 beats per minute for 5 minutes at least three times per week. The actual test is on 16” inches step so the test was easier than my practice sessions… The point is PT test is the only thing you can control in this process… Don’t wait till the day of event to find out if you can actually pass it.

I asked about the next steps. The answer was: in the next 2-3 weeks I will be contacted by medical unit for follow up, if needed, or be medically cleared. I will also be contacted by PSU to initiate investigation. Once I am done, if there is an opening in my AOR I will get an EOD. I was told that academies will have openings for specific AORs and they get filled that way. For example, if academy has slots for people in the southwest AOR, and I am done with everything and EOD in Boston I would not go to that academy class. Though, I have to say they did not sound confident in giving their answers…

Whew, my fingers are tired.
    TB test? When I did my one-stop in Dallas almost 3 weeks ago they didn't do a TB test. Hope they didn't forget to do it. I also had LASIK in 2014 and still haven't been contacted for any medical follow-up.

Comment

• Blood test. That was for tb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
        Blood test. That was for tb

Ah, gotcha.

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521
          The information I'm getting about cancelled classes is from instructors at the academy, where I currently am. There's no "freeze" but funding has not been received, yes it has been approved. The next 2 classes are cancelled for sure.
          Yeah, you know none of us want to hear news like this. I just hope they can get it straight. Because we're flying through the process so fast, it'd be horrible to hit a dead end. I wonder what that actually means that "the next 2 classes are cancelled." No freeze on funding, but it hasn't been received...?

Seems like cancelling classes would not happen. Just get the funds. If there's no freeze, no drawbacks...why the nonsense? I'm sure you don't have these answers, just being a student spreading the word of instructors on site. I'm just ready to get this started.
          Last edited by skip_monroe81; 03-12-2016, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• I do want to say one thing about the step test. It may be a harder test for people who are not as tall. I am 6' tall, and I did not train at all for the step test, and had absolutely no issues with it.

I imagine that a person who was not as tall as me possibly could have had a more difficult time, so I am not going to just make the blanket comment that people are out of shape. In truth it is the tallest step test I have taken, and I took one for BPA, CBPO, and ICE.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
              I do want to say one thing about the step test. It may be a harder test for people who are not as tall. I am 6' tall, and I did not train at all for the step test, and had absolutely no issues with it.

I imagine that a person who was not as tall as me possibly could have had a more difficult time, so I am not going to just make the blanket comment that people are out of shape. In truth it is the tallest step test I have taken, and I took one for BPA, CBPO, and ICE.
              i practiced it on a chair and my legs started burning lol.

Comment

• Test

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
                i practiced it on a chair and my legs started burning lol.
                Lol, make sure you download the app and set it to 96bpm... And step to cadence. If the chair is higher than 16", they usually are, you will be fine.. The only difference is on the test you will not hear the sound of meteonome beat... You will hear automated , recorded sound.. Up, up, down, down. At every minute mark.. The machine tells you how many minutes remaining- count down.

Comment

• Anyone know if there are plans for another hiring announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                    Anyone know if there are plans for another hiring announcement?
                    There are a lot of candidates in the pipeline from the last announcement, so I would guess probably not anytime soon.

However if you desire to be a GS-12 federal LEO, the Border Patrol is hiring right now. I spent 4 years on the border, and learned a lot.
                    What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                      I do want to say one thing about the step test. It may be a harder test for people who are not as tall. I am 6' tall, and I did not train at all for the step test, and had absolutely no issues with it.

I hear that. In 6'3" and I just knew the step test would be a breeze... 16" is no hard feat for me, when it's actually 16".

I did it. I passed everything in my OS.... but that step was the hardest. More than I was ready for. It must've been at least 20" instead. I wear a 13 shoe, and I know what a "16 step feels like.

Just letting you all know, be prepared to step over the specified amount on the trail to victory. You can do it, just be ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by skip_monroe81 View Post
                        I hear that. In 6'3" and I just knew the step test would be a breeze... 16" is no hard feat for me, when it's actually 16".

I did it. I passed everything in my OS.... but that step was the hardest. More than I was ready for. It must've been at least 20" instead. I wear a 13 shoe, and I know what a "16 step feels like.

Just letting you all know, be prepared to step over the specified amount on the trail to victory. You can do it, just be ready.
                        Good job man and to everyone passing this OS process: I can't stress how much u all need to get into tip top shape though. When u all make it to the academy it really depends on who your instructors are when comes to how long u get beat in the mat room or get taken out for a 5-6 mile run. Lol, sometimes both.

Comment

• Hey guys,

I have a question for anyone that has been hired through a federal LEO agency.

Would a suspension from their current job cause one to fail a background check for their background interview with ICE DO?

Any input is highly recommended. Thanks!

Comment

• I guess it would depend on the circumstance and what the suspension is for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleanguy15 View Post
                              Good job man and to everyone passing this OS process: I can't stress how much u all need to get into tip top shape though. When u all make it to the academy it really depends on who your instructors are when comes to how long u get beat in the mat room or get taken out for a 5-6 mile run. Lol, sometimes both.

Very good point. I didn't attend the ICE academy, but the Border Patrol academy was tough for those who came and weren't in the best shape. The good thing about BP that I think ICE should implement is a PFT2. The second PFT in BP includes a 1.5 mile run as well as sit ups and push ups. Considering that the run is a requirement at the ICE academy, I think it would help make sure people are in a little better shape before they get there.
                              What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by Disfacere View Post
                                Hey guys,

I have a question for anyone that has been hired through a federal LEO agency.

Would a suspension from their current job cause one to fail a background check for their background interview with ICE DO?

Any input is highly recommended. Thanks!
                                Not necessarily. A BI will look at your work history, and certain issues may cause a problem, such as chronic tardiness, sick leave abuse, etc.

If there is a decent amount of time between the issue, you will fare better.
                                What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 84382 users online. 195 members and 84187 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X