Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dh3521 View Post

    Oh and class 608 is on hold and there is a rumor future classes as well until funding comes through.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When was that class supposed to start?

    Comment


    • Later this month, no classes Til may now at least


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Is that official word or rumors?


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

          Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
          Is that official word or rumors?


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Rumors from instructors.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • Got it.

            Thanks for the info


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • VA Rating and medical clearance process

              Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
              Bring your VA stuff. If ICE med ppl want more drs notes they'll ask you for them later.
              Here is the question for everyone that has VA rating or medical issues.. When ICE requested additional information after your medical exam, did you have to go to an actual specialisit or your primary care doctor? For example, if you have back pain issue, knee issue and plantat fasiciitis... Do you go to three separate specialists or you go to your primary care doctor to sign off on all conditions... I am converned because it is difficult and takes a lot of time to see a specialist in Boston... I am afraid I will not be able to get appt with all the specialists, individually , beforw ICE dealine etc.. Prior to my one stop medical event, I went to see my VA primary care, he evaluated me (I gave him the PT/DO requirements that came in the TSL letter/book) and he wrote a letter saying " I am deemed fit to perform law enforcement job". I gave that letter to ICE along with VA rating letter.

              If they send me any form to fill out for each condition can my primary care fill it out or it has to be filled out by a specialist for each respective condition... In Boston it will be tough to see a aspecialist in less than 30 days. It took me about that long to see my VA primary care.... Tks

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cvboy View Post
                Here is the question for everyone that has VA rating or medical issues.. When ICE requested additional information after your medical exam, did you have to go to an actual specialisit or your primary care doctor? For example, if you have back pain issue, knee issue and plantat fasiciitis... Do you go to three separate specialists or you go to your primary care doctor to sign off on all conditions... I am converned because it is difficult and takes a lot of time to see a specialist in Boston... I am afraid I will not be able to get appt with all the specialists, individually , beforw ICE dealine etc.. Prior to my one stop medical event, I went to see my VA primary care, he evaluated me (I gave him the PT/DO requirements that came in the TSL letter/book) and he wrote a letter saying " I am deemed fit to perform law enforcement job". I gave that letter to ICE along with VA rating letter.

                If they send me any form to fill out for each condition can my primary care fill it out or it has to be filled out by a specialist for each respective condition... In Boston it will be tough to see a aspecialist in less than 30 days. It took me about that long to see my VA primary care.... Tks
                Pm sent


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cvboy View Post
                  Here is the question for everyone that has VA rating or medical issues.. When ICE requested additional information after your medical exam, did you have to go to an actual specialisit or your primary care doctor? For example, if you have back pain issue, knee issue and plantat fasiciitis... Do you go to three separate specialists or you go to your primary care doctor to sign off on all conditions... I am converned because it is difficult and takes a lot of time to see a specialist in Boston... I am afraid I will not be able to get appt with all the specialists, individually , beforw ICE dealine etc.. Prior to my one stop medical event, I went to see my VA primary care, he evaluated me (I gave him the PT/DO requirements that came in the TSL letter/book) and he wrote a letter saying " I am deemed fit to perform law enforcement job". I gave that letter to ICE along with VA rating letter.

                  If they send me any form to fill out for each condition can my primary care fill it out or it has to be filled out by a specialist for each respective condition... In Boston it will be tough to see a aspecialist in less than 30 days. It took me about that long to see my VA primary care.... Tks

                  I'm not a vet but I did have to provide more medical info. They wanted my primary and a specialist for each problem they cited to clear me.

                  Comment


                  • I had to go to a specialist for my issue. I provided every record I could find in regards to my issue and a letter explaining that my issue has resulted in around four hours of list time in the last 6 years. I cleared around two weeks after they received my response which was submitted almost two weeks after the deadline.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
                      Didn't funding get approved in January? Federal govt budget for this FY


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Lunytunez I think you and Cleanguy are both right.. imo there isn't some hiring freeze just enacted bc of funding depletion. The funds are already allocated and set aside for many more classes in this FY. = Finish hiring me, and make it quick with the EOD please. Pret-ty please.. ;-D
                      Last edited by skip_monroe81; 03-11-2016, 03:40 AM.

                      Comment


                      • It's definitely not a funding issue. I remember talking to the HR lady at my one-stop and her telling me how much it cost ICE to set up those events and how they had to get approval to do it. ICE got a mega funding boost in the budget, both for ERO and for HSI. If there are issues filling classes it's due to manpower not budget constraints.

                        Comment


                        • My Experience at One Stop Tampa FL

                          The process was smooth.

                          1.You check-in at front desk so they know you have arrived

                          2.You stop at PSU so they can tell you if your clearance is good to go or if an investigator will contact you later to initiate background check (this will happen because my current clearance from DEA is outdated).

                          3.You go meet medical staff. They will give you a packet with many pages to fill out re: your medical history etc.

                          4.Once you finish filling out the medical packet the show begins. From that point you will be told to go to whichever lane has less people waiting.It could be drug test, EKG, vision, hearing, TB test, vitals and then meet with Physician Assistant etc. During your meeting with PA, you will address multiple things. If you have VA rating, like me, be prepared to present your VA rating letter, tell them the day the decision was made, what date it became effective (if retroactive), and all the dates you were treated for your injuries/condition. The reason being is that every time you check the yes box for having a condition or past injury etc. you need to explain the who, what, when, why, etc. Once the PA is done with you, you will then see a doctor. He/She will go over everything and after he/she gives you a go you are ready to do PT test.

                          5.I was interviewed after medical, but before PT test. That’s the way it worked out. After interview I was told to wait outside for a few minutes. I was then called in, and told that I passed the interview.

                          6.PT test was the last thing for me.The test is not hard, but I have to say that people FAILED. So do not take it for granted. People failed for not following direction during kneeling/Stand test, and people failed the step test. People got tired, did not keep up the pace etc.There were at least two academy instructors in the room watching medical staff administer the test. One of them told me he was not happy that some people barely passed the test….

                          Regarding those that failed PT test.. It was sad because people paid money for hotel, travel, food etc… to get there. Not to mention, the fact that it was a bit embarrassing to fail the test in front of ICE academy instructors and medical staff.. then to walk out and everyone in the hallway knows that you have failed. I am not criticizing anyone just saying don’t take this test for granted. I followed advice given here by others, and practiced. The average height of most chairs is 18”. Three weeks before the test I downloaded a metronome on my iphone, for free, and started to practice at 96 beats per minute for 5 minutes at least three times per week. The actual test is on 16” inches step so the test was easier than my practice sessions… The point is PT test is the only thing you can control in this process… Don’t wait till the day of event to find out if you can actually pass it.

                          I asked about the next steps. The answer was: in the next 2-3 weeks I will be contacted by medical unit for follow up, if needed, or be medically cleared. I will also be contacted by PSU to initiate investigation. Once I am done, if there is an opening in my AOR I will get an EOD. I was told that academies will have openings for specific AORs and they get filled that way. For example, if academy has slots for people in the southwest AOR, and I am done with everything and EOD in Boston I would not go to that academy class. Though, I have to say they did not sound confident in giving their answers…

                          Whew, my fingers are tired.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cvboy View Post
                            The process was smooth.

                            1.You check-in at front desk so they know you have arrived

                            2.You stop at PSU so they can tell you if your clearance is good to go or if an investigator will contact you later to initiate background check (this will happen because my current clearance from DEA is outdated).

                            3.You go meet medical staff. They will give you a packet with many pages to fill out re: your medical history etc.

                            4.Once you finish filling out the medical packet the show begins. From that point you will be told to go to whichever lane has less people waiting.It could be drug test, EKG, vision, hearing, TB test, vitals and then meet with Physician Assistant etc. During your meeting with PA, you will address multiple things. If you have VA rating, like me, be prepared to present your VA rating letter, tell them the day the decision was made, what date it became effective (if retroactive), and all the dates you were treated for your injuries/condition. The reason being is that every time you check the yes box for having a condition or past injury etc. you need to explain the who, what, when, why, etc. Once the PA is done with you, you will then see a doctor. He/She will go over everything and after he/she gives you a go you are ready to do PT test.

                            5.I was interviewed after medical, but before PT test. That’s the way it worked out. After interview I was told to wait outside for a few minutes. I was then called in, and told that I passed the interview.

                            6.PT test was the last thing for me.The test is not hard, but I have to say that people FAILED. So do not take it for granted. People failed for not following direction during kneeling/Stand test, and people failed the step test. People got tired, did not keep up the pace etc.There were at least two academy instructors in the room watching medical staff administer the test. One of them told me he was not happy that some people barely passed the test….

                            Regarding those that failed PT test.. It was sad because people paid money for hotel, travel, food etc… to get there. Not to mention, the fact that it was a bit embarrassing to fail the test in front of ICE academy instructors and medical staff.. then to walk out and everyone in the hallway knows that you have failed. I am not criticizing anyone just saying don’t take this test for granted. I followed advice given here by others, and practiced. The average height of most chairs is 18”. Three weeks before the test I downloaded a metronome on my iphone, for free, and started to practice at 96 beats per minute for 5 minutes at least three times per week. The actual test is on 16” inches step so the test was easier than my practice sessions… The point is PT test is the only thing you can control in this process… Don’t wait till the day of event to find out if you can actually pass it.

                            I asked about the next steps. The answer was: in the next 2-3 weeks I will be contacted by medical unit for follow up, if needed, or be medically cleared. I will also be contacted by PSU to initiate investigation. Once I am done, if there is an opening in my AOR I will get an EOD. I was told that academies will have openings for specific AORs and they get filled that way. For example, if academy has slots for people in the southwest AOR, and I am done with everything and EOD in Boston I would not go to that academy class. Though, I have to say they did not sound confident in giving their answers…

                            Whew, my fingers are tired.
                            There is no reason why anyone should fail the fitness test. If you can walk you should pass the step test

                            Comment


                            • ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

                              Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                              There is no reason why anyone should fail the fitness test. If you can walk you should pass the step test
                              I love these statements. So, there is no reason that ANYONE should fail the step test, because if you can walk, you can pass it. So walking and stepping up onto an 18" step at a set cadence of 96 steps per minute for five minutes is equivalent to walking? I don't think so.

                              That being said, there is no reason to attend the event and not have prepared. There is no reason to attend the event if you couldn't do it on your own before the event.

                              But it's significantly more difficult than just walking. If that was the case, why wouldn't it be just a walking test?

                              Sometimes, the "I'm a stud" crap around here irritates me.

                              PS: I passed with ease, but I also prepared and knew I could pass before I went.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                                I love these statements. So, there is no reason that ANYONE should fail the step test, because if you can walk, you can pass it. So walking and stepping up onto an 18" step at a set cadence of 96 steps per minute for five minutes is equivalent to walking? I don't think so.

                                That being said, there is no reason to attend the event and not have prepared. There is no reason to attend the event if you couldn't do it on your own before the event.

                                But it's significantly more difficult than just walking. If that was the case, why wouldn't it be just a walking test?

                                Sometimes, the "I'm a stud" crap around here irritates me.

                                PS: I passed with ease, but I also prepared and knew I could pass before I went.
                                I stand by my statement. If you're applying for a fed leo job you should be in some kind of shape. Especially if you're spending money on your travel and lodging. It's basically a walking test. Sorry if anyone got offended.
                                Last edited by CriticalOperator; 03-11-2016, 01:31 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3599 users online. 181 members and 3418 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X