Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GITNB View Post
    I'm still waiting on the call from the last one lol
    Have you called to ask about your status?

Its been two months since I was dropped for medical and I was never notified, I'm still waiting on the official justification email. The only reason I know is because I called to check, otherwise I would still be sitting here waiting for "the call".

All other steps were completed including my background being cleared for EOD.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelCustodian View Post
      I usually give myself the benefit of the doubt, but when the questions are that specific, I kind of just let the chips fall where they may. It is what it is.
      So you were referred without labeling yourself as expert on every question? I struggled with the specificity of the questions a bit myself

Comment

• Originally posted by ldfergu View Post
        So you were referred without labeling yourself as expert on every question? I struggled with the specificity of the questions a bit myself
        I was referred for the last IEA announcement, not for this recent DO announcement. I highly doubt I will be either. The questions on the assessment were completely different. This last announcement was obviously geared towards people who already work in immigrations. I don't see how anyone who isn't already directly involved in the deportation process could answer even a 3rd of those questions as expert.

Comment

I was referred for the last IEA announcement, not for this recent DO announcement. I highly doubt I will be either. The questions on the assessment were completely different. This last announcement was obviously geared towards people who already work in immigrations. I don't see how anyone who isn't already directly involved in the deportation process could answer even a 3rd of those questions as expert.
          Hence one of my prior posts. I would not say a third, but maybe a few, specifically the questions involving the I-213.

Comment

• Therefore, I quote one of my favorite posters in these forums.
            Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
            Here's the deal....

MANY very qualified people will not progress further than the opportunity to apply.

MANY unqualified people will deservedly get put in the NO stack.

A FEW very qualified people will get the golden ticket.

A FEW not so qualified people- for various (and seemingly incredulous reasons)- will also get the golden ticket.

The universe is an imperfect place. That's how it is. Deal with it.

Bottom line:

The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence. If you think you've been denied a life in Utopia, you're wrong.

Only you, and your integrity, define who you are. Not your title, or who you work for.

Move on. Don't fall in to the easy trap of thinking you got screwed... you've paid your dues and deserve it... you would've kicked a** like no other... blah blah blah....

Make being awesome at what you do the priority and things will naturally fall into place.

Comment

• If I don't get referred I'm not going to feel cheated. Trust me, I've applied to a lot of jobs in the past and if I felt that way each time my name wasn't looked at id be one miserable sob.

Really was just hoping to see if some folks that didn't put expert on every single thing in the last announcement got a TO.

Thanks for the replies

Comment

Have you called to ask about your status?

Its been two months since I was dropped for medical and I was never notified, I'm still waiting on the official justification email. The only reason I know is because I called to check, otherwise I would still be sitting here waiting for "the call".

All other steps were completed including my background being cleared for EOD.
                Yes I call weekly lol. I did have to do follow up medical but submitted that back in Sept. That was cleared in October. They say I'm just waiting for a signature before my paperwork is referred to TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                  Message me when you have them on so I can shoot you the dates of classes
                  I'm also curious about any scheduled academy class dates.
                  "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

Comment

• Good luck to all who applied. I have been contacted by probably 20 of my former co-workers in the Border Patrol about the Deportation Officer position. It really is a good job, but I really need to stress that every office is different. I think I got very lucky in getting my office as it offers every benefit that I wanted. My new co-workers are great, the Supervisors are pretty layed back, and my time outside of work is 100% better.

I took the $30,000/yr pay cut and came in as a GL-7 step 10 IEA. Fortunately I am allowed to work my AUO and stay at 25%. I just applied for the upgrade to DO at GS-11, so I should be able to get the majority of my lost pay back pretty soon.

There are one or two people who are bitter that they weren't promoted to DO before the single career track, but even they admit that they would have rather been an IEA at GL-9 in their hometown than a BPA or CBPO at GS-12 on the SWB.
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• The kansan clear up your PM's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I've never heard of this position, I'm just curious what the day to day duties are?

Comment

• Originally posted by nevergiveup725 View Post
                          The kansan clear up your PM's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel free to post your question here and I will answer it.

Originally posted by ryno99 View Post
                          I've never heard of this position, I'm just curious what the day to day duties are?
                          To be very simple, we deport illegal aliens. Unlike the Border Patrol, we work on the interior of the country, but we also have a presence in border regions.

There are different aspects of the job, and every office truly is different, so it is hard to be very specific with what we are doing.
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post

To be very simple, we deport illegal aliens. Unlike the Border Patrol, we work on the interior of the country, but we also have a presence in border regions.

There are different aspects of the job, and every office truly is different, so it is hard to be very specific with what we are doing.
                            Any insight on which areas are hiring the most?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post

I applied for SF, do they usually hire a lot? What type of work does that office do?
                              ICE

Comment

• Your pm box is full, Kansan.
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7424 users online. 372 members and 7052 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X