Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep! I forgot to add that part, so in reality I scored a 70 but I guess that's good considering all the answers on the application I answered no for.
    In reality this 10 point preference helps, but it's a real hassle too. I'm in the hiring process with CBP and they made me go on my own dime get evaluated by my own doctors, that I could still do the job with my Service connected disabilities. I also had the release all my medical records from the VA, to their medical review.

Comment

• I want the New Orleans location because I'm from the area...
      Did you score high? Any reason why you chose New Orleans?
      I guess if anyone wondered if you could answer no for most questions and still get referred, I'm the living proof

Comment

• Originally posted by albusan View Post
        I want the New Orleans location because I'm from the area...
        Did you score high? Any reason why you chose New Orleans?
        I guess if anyone wondered if you could answer no for most questions and still get referred, I'm the living proof
        I'm hoping for a location in Arkansas but will be happy with an offer anywhere in the AOR

Comment

• Good afternoon, I am a Deportation officer applicant. I was wondering if anybody had some info on the hearing and vision standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by ldfergu View Post
            I'm hoping for a location in Arkansas but will be happy with an offer anywhere in the AOR

What a beautiful place to land a location. Wonderful state .....Natural in every way.
            Hope you land where you're waiting for Idfergu _)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
              That is how it is with ANY federal government agency.
              Yes you're right Lunytunezpr, but that doesn't make it acceptable. We all know the horror stories, but maaaybe they'll turn for the better with our cycle. ? Seems like they are going above/beyond with the OS advantage before EOD, but we'll have to see how much hassle we otherwise encounter in the meantime. The least amount, less than usual....will suit me just fine. Come on Tampa let's see that schedule soon ...

Comment

• Originally posted by skip_monroe81 View Post
                Yes you're right Lunytunezpr, but that doesn't make it acceptable. We all know the horror stories, but maaaybe they'll turn for the better with our cycle. ? Seems like they are going above/beyond with the OS advantage before EOD, but we'll have to see how much hassle we otherwise encounter in the meantime. The least amount, less than usual....will suit me just fine. Come on Tampa let's see that schedule soon ...

I agree wholeheartedly.

Comment

• Ok this is a complete speculation question and simply to keep my mind busy waiting for the next steps but, using the previous announcment as a guide any idea how soon after the one stop people could start gettin eod dates to report to their districts assuming nothing comes up in their medical. Since they are taking our backgrounds that will eliminate quite a long wait....any speculation is welcomed

Comment

• Originally posted by ziggymahoneys View Post
                    Ok this is a complete speculation question and simply to keep my mind busy waiting for the next steps but, using the previous announcment as a guide any idea how soon after the one stop people could start gettin eod dates to report to their districts assuming nothing comes up in their medical. Since they are taking our backgrounds that will eliminate quite a long wait....any speculation is welcomed

It's the first time they've done a one stop so I'm assuming nobody would know. But I'd say it could be within 2-3 months after the one stop.. If no issues arise.

Comment

• Does anyone know if this is a polygraph position? I don't believe it is, but someone told me it now was. Does anyone have any info on this? I think it would've been listed somewhere on the announcement and/or the TSL but it didn't mention anything about it.

Doesn't scare me, but it would be nice to know.

Comment

• No it is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by GITNB View Post
                          If you are hired off the public announcement for gs 5 or 7, the highest they can or will give you is a 7/10. I was a 12/4 when hired from the Feb announcement. They don't have to try to give you the highest grade/step either. It's really up to them. They are no longer required to try to pay match. Same thing happens when PAs go to OFO and bust down to a 7/10. Still under CBP but they have to take the pay cut to go over to the other side. You can put in for the accelerated promotion after 90 days I was told but again the don't have to approve it.

I received my offer in November, eod was end of Dec and I didn't know my exact salary until a week ago. I kept asking and everyone said they were still working on it. I had a rough estimate based off the online pay scale knowing I'd be a 7/10. No one wanted to tell me what they were making either after giving up the 12/4 pay cause it was just sad lol. Oh well I did it to leave the SWB and get closer to home. Worthy sacrifice in my opinion if you live it a crap city.
                          Sounds like we're in the same boat. I'm a 12/4 with BP and have recently received a tentative offer for DO, but it was for the 5 or 7 public announcement. It's back in Phoenix where I'm from too. Of course I got a score of 105 for the 5/7 public opening, but only 99 for all the GS-11, DHS employee only openings elsewhere. Thankfully those are also in some pretty nice places too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigE View Post
                            Sounds like we're in the same boat. I'm a 12/4 with BP and have recently received a tentative offer for DO, but it was for the 5 or 7 public announcement. It's back in Phoenix where I'm from too. Of course I got a score of 105 for the 5/7 public opening, but only 99 for all the GS-11, DHS employee only openings elsewhere. Thankfully those are also in some pretty nice places too.
                            Somehow I missed this announcement and I kick myself every day for it.... Depending on where you are, Phoenix is a great option and even better if it's close to home.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigE View Post
                              I heard for the Phoenix area new hires should expect to get Eloy or Florence. (this was from Delphi DO forum) not sure if those are areas you'd be willing to take if offered.

Unless super lucky people should expect to receive an offer for a suboffice. So everyone do your homework and find out the least desirable office in that AOR and decide if you would still take it.

Comment

• Anyone receive a OS date for Phoenix?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3665 users online. 250 members and 3415 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X