Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4ston View Post
    Hell yea, sign me up. Currently completing week 10 of an 18-week program that preps you for BUD/S training. I'm in the best shape of my life. And I could think of nothing better than hitting the streets and being out there in the thick of it. That's what I did in my internship with the U.S. Marshals and I loved every minute of it. I'm also a great writer so doing paperwork is no big deal at all for me.
    You should turn on your PMs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
      If you guys think coming to ERO will be like USMS you are nuts, 95% of your work is docket work similar to a parole/probation officer. Going out on the street and making arrests does not happen any more like it used to due to our president. Now local PDs pick people up on a felony or Dui, ice gets notified (sometimes) and we go pick them up. Street work is RARE unless you have time on and get a fug Ops spot. Too many people took this job expecting it to be out on the streets and doing proactive work, ERO is reactive.

This varies by office, a lot of offices don't even have docket work. I know my office allows officers to do street work as much as they want, this is how a majority of the officers make their AUO. The marshals aren't even close to being proactive or street work heavy, their bread and butter is court security and transport, getting in to the task force is even more difficult there than with ice as the usms isn't Union and tends to be "merit" based. Bottom line is if lazy people come here they'll be more likely to earn their AUO by doing case management rather than looking for fugitives and that's not the direction the agency should be heading.
      Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
        This varies by office, a lot of offices don't even have docket work. I know my office allows officers to do street work as much as they want, this is how a majority of the officers make their AUO. The marshals aren't even close to being proactive or street work heavy, their bread and butter is court security and transport, getting in to the task force is even more difficult there than with ice as the usms isn't Union and tends to be "merit" based. Bottom line is if lazy people come here they'll be more likely to earn their AUO by doing case management rather than looking for fugitives and that's not the direction the agency should be heading.
        Thanks for the variation of information from a different office point of view. Which office is this? I selected the Miami office since there might be a lot of traffic coming from the south.

Comment

If you guys think coming to ERO will be like USMS you are nuts, 95% of your work is docket work similar to a parole/probation officer. Going out on the street and making arrests does not happen any more like it used to due to our president. Now local PDs pick people up on a felony or Dui, ice gets notified (sometimes) and we go pick them up. Street work is RARE unless you have time on and get a fug Ops spot. Too many people took this job expecting it to be out on the streets and doing proactive work, ERO is reactive.

To be honest, I don't mind the docket work as my work etiquette has always been up to par. All that matters is the ability for growth, to learn the job effectively, and be able to make it on a fug ops team based on my performance.

Comment

Originally posted by GoELoH View Post
            Thanks for the variation of information from a different office point of view. Which office is this? I selected the Miami office since there might be a lot of traffic coming from the south.
            Selecting Miami will likely get you Krome. A lot of larger offices have docket work, the smaller offices may have one or two officers assigned and at those offices you'll likely start out in CAP and in the larger offices you'll likely start out on a docket. The job is what you make of it but if you're looking for nonstop action and catching bad guys you should stay away from federal in general unless you go bia police or something.
            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

You should turn on your PMs

They're on now.

Comment

Selecting Miami will likely get you Krome. A lot of larger offices have docket work, the smaller offices may have one or two officers assigned and at those offices you'll likely start out in CAP and in the larger offices you'll likely start out on a docket. The job is what you make of it but if you're looking for nonstop action and catching bad guys you should stay away from federal in general unless you go bia police or something.
                What's your opinion on the Texas offices? I originally selected Miami but switched to El Paso because I thought there'd be more traffic and thus, positions.

Comment

^Same here, but I selected Dallas. I originally had D.C.. Now I'm starting to think I should switch back since they've extended the deadline.

However, I just have a bachelor's degree with S.A.A. and an internship with the USSS, and no LE/ME, so maybe I have a better chance at Dallas.

But being 33, I'm lean, shredded, and in amazing shape. I basically have the stride of a gazelle. A beautiful, beautiful, gazelle person (ok I'm kidding).

And sign me up for paperwork. The way I see, it's great to be more well-rounded, and you learn some new skills.
                  CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                  02/28/14-TSL Received
                  03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                  07/01/14-VBT/SI
                  07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                  07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

Apply for wherever you'll be happy, if you don't like where you live you certainly won't like where you work. Southern states tend to have a more favorable opinion towards immigration enforcement, fwiw.

Comment

Any existing ERO DO's in here?

Comment

Apply for wherever you'll be happy, if you don't like where you live you certainly won't like where you work. Southern states tend to have a more favorable opinion towards immigration enforcement, fwiw.
                        Dallas is nice, and I wouldn't mind living there for the job, but I'd prefer D.C.. I'm sure competition will be tougher in D.C., and I'll be competing with other applicants more qualified.
                        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                        02/28/14-TSL Received
                        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                        07/01/14-VBT/SI
                        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

I picked the ATL field office. What cities/offices can I expect to be offered if I make it to the final stages of the hiring process?

Comment

What's your opinion on the DC Offices?

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
                              What's your opinion on the DC Offices?
                              Don't know anything about them.

Comment

PM me in reference to DC..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6157 users online. 244 members and 5913 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X