Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4ston View Post
    The DO position has extended another day (to 11/10). Any idea why this is? Surely it has filled up by now. Also, what do you guys think is the best location to apply for?
    Usually when it extends the date its because there wasnt alot of people who applied or ut didnt reach the number it was looking for.

Comment

Applied for out of Chicago. Hopefully being a federal employee helps

Comment

If you're not in shape, aren't proactive and don't know how to do paperwork then please don't take this position. We have a bunch of lazy cowards here who don't want to hit the streets and can't properly maintain a docket, we don't need any more.
        Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
          If you're not in shape, aren't proactive and don't know how to do paperwork then please don't take this position. We have a bunch of lazy cowards here who don't want to hit the streets and can't properly maintain a docket, we don't need any more.
          Well sign me up because I'm in shape, highly proactive and I'm doing paperwork as we speak. I'm sure its a bunch of lazy cowards who dont hit the streets and can't maintain proper documents that sounds like the norm in FLEO.

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
            Hell yea, sign me up. Currently completing week 10 of an 18-week program that preps you for BUD/S training. I'm in the best shape of my life. And I could think of nothing better than hitting the streets and being out there in the thick of it. That's what I did in my internship with the U.S. Marshals and I loved every minute of it. I'm also a great writer so doing paperwork is no big deal at all for me.

Comment

I totally agree with this. It is the sole reason why I want out of my current agency. I am mortified to say that I work with the majority of my colleagues. They are exactly how you described those with whom you work: out of shape and lazy. They are given take home cars which are supposed to be used for field work. Instead, they use the cars to get to and from work and to go on hour-long missions in search of lunch. Then they come back and sit in the office all day. And in the office, they sit around and complain about how bad the job is. So, no paperwork is getting done, nor is any field work being completed.

I have had my eye on this job for some time now and have thrown my hat in the ring. I guess it is true when they say the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I just don't understand why some people go into this line of work if they don't want to give it 100%. Stay in shape, get out on the street and hustle. And keep organized in regards to your paperwork. It is mind boggling and very frustrating at the same time.

And what's more annoying is that I'll get passed over for the job by some dud that will do nothing to help the agency meet their mission.
              Last edited by CJ511; 11-10-2015, 01:44 PM. Reason: Error

Comment

Originally posted by CJ511 View Post
                I totally agree with this. It is the sole reason why I want out of my current agency. I am mortified to say that I work with the majority of my colleagues. They are exactly how you described those with whom you work: out of shape and lazy. They are given take home cars which are supposed to be used for field work. Instead, they use the cars to get to and from work and to go on hour-long missions in search of lunch. Then they come back and sit in the office all day. And in the office, they sit around and complain about how bad the job is. So, no paperwork is getting done, nor is any field work being completed.

I have had my eye on this job for some time now and have thrown my hat in the ring. I guess it is true when they say the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I just don't understand why some people go into this line of work if they don't want to give it 100%. Stay in shape, get out on the street and hustle. And keep organized in regards to your paperwork. It is mind boggling and very frustrating at the same time.

And what's more annoying is that I'll get passed over for the job by some dud that will do nothing to help the agency meet their mission.
                It seems like some people here want to have cases handed to them or have some additional incentive to go out there and work cases. This is a big boy agency which unfortunately means some people aren't held accountable but is good because allows motivated officers to do as much field work as they want.
                Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by MarinePSS619
                  That's not true. I haven't lol Doubt most of the guys at my dept have haha.
                  'Twas sarcasm, I think...
                  CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                  09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                  09/23 Exam
                  10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                  10/18 Score - 98
                  10/26 eQip Email
                  10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                  10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                  11/04 Med/PFT1
                  11/04 eQip Sent
                  11/10 "" Accptd
                  11/23 VBT/SI
                  11/24 ""(Pass)
                  12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                  09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                  10/28 Exam (ALT)
                  11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                  11/18 Score (100)
                  11/20 TSL GS-5
                  12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                  02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

And now it closes on the 11th....

Comment

Originally posted by mitche27 View Post
                      Wow that's crazy. I wonder how many applications do they want.

Comment

Originally posted by mitche27 View Post
                        Not too many applicants I presume. I really hope I get picked up.

Comment

We all hope we get picked..

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
                            We all hope we get picked..
                            Which location did you chose?

Comment

Originally posted by goeloh View Post
                              which location did you chose?
                              dc.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ511 View Post

If you guys think coming to ERO will be like USMS you are nuts, 95% of your work is docket work similar to a parole/probation officer. Going out on the street and making arrests does not happen any more like it used to due to our president. Now local PDs pick people up on a felony or Dui, ice gets notified (sometimes) and we go pick them up. Street work is RARE unless you have time on and get a fug Ops spot. Too many people took this job expecting it to be out on the streets and doing proactive work, ERO is reactive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12354 users online. 479 members and 11875 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X