Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more question, when selecting which you qualify for, there's a big white box with the word "narrative" above it. Do you have to enter the employer and dates and that's it?
    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

Updated/Changed location from Newark to San Antonio. I figure it's a safer bet and I'll take what I can get. Though, I did call the number on the posting to inquire about locations. Might knock myself out of the running early, haha.
      CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
      09/13/15 App (Laredo)
      09/23 Exam
      10/09 Rfrd GS-7
      10/18 Score - 98
      10/26 eQip Email
      10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
      10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
      11/04 Med/PFT1
      11/04 eQip Sent
      11/10 "" Accptd
      11/23 VBT/SI
      11/24 ""(Pass)
      12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
      09/18/15 App (S. TX)
      10/28 Exam (ALT)
      11/15 ReApp (AZ)
      11/18 Score (100)
      11/20 TSL GS-5
      12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
      02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

Put in for this posting, another long wait begins.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelCustodian View Post
          Am I the only one who thought those questions on the assessment were a little too specific for an entry level "trainee" position?

Someone could be a cop or special agent for 20 years and still have to answer "I have zero education or experience" for half of those questions if you answered them literally. A couple of the questions even asked if youve used specific forms (ie I-213 Record of removable aliens).

Every basic rookie LE question they just added 'alien' to the end of, such as - "Secured and safely transported arrested aliens"

Why not just ask - "Secured and safely transported arrestees/inmates"?

Are illegal aliens different than any body else I've hooked and booked? Do they have considerations I'm unaware of which makes their transportation completely unique from other humans? Perhaps they turn into gremlins if I spill water on them, or a wolf during full moon?... I digress.

Good luck to all the BP/CBP looking to switch.
          There isn't a cop in this country who hasn't arrested an illegal alien.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
            Updated/Changed location from Newark to San Antonio. I figure it's a safer bet and I'll take what I can get. Though, I did call the number on the posting to inquire about locations. Might knock myself out of the running early, haha.
            What did they say?

Comment

No answer, left a message.
              CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
              09/13/15 App (Laredo)
              09/23 Exam
              10/09 Rfrd GS-7
              10/18 Score - 98
              10/26 eQip Email
              10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
              10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
              11/04 Med/PFT1
              11/04 eQip Sent
              11/10 "" Accptd
              11/23 VBT/SI
              11/24 ""(Pass)
              12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
              09/18/15 App (S. TX)
              10/28 Exam (ALT)
              11/15 ReApp (AZ)
              11/18 Score (100)
              11/20 TSL GS-5
              12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
              02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                if you choose a location that's full, will ICE give you other locations to choose from if you're hired?
                No they wont let you change as they are giving you the chance to choose your office. If it is full you are SOL. I know the DC field office 3 weeks ago had a few openings under the IEA announcement from Feb. No one really knows how the new DO announcement will go.

Comment

Originally posted by rolandr5 View Post
                  Just curious. Is this uniformed, plain clothes, or both?
                  Again the IEA forum has a lot of good info so does Delphi Forums.

Comment

I threw my name in the hat for this as well.

Comment

Any thoughts on openings in Chicago? I am a FLEO in Chicago now but just applied for the DO position.

Is there a polygraph? I saw no mention of one on the posting or on the questionaire.

Comment

No poly for this hidden gem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                          I was thinking the same thing. I've never arrested an illegal alien for being an illegal alien, but I've arrested a ton on other charges.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                            Unfortunately, that's not what the questionnaire asks. Your average LEO couldn't answer majority of those questions with any degree of experience unless they already work in immigration's. A couple of the questions for example:

"Maintain public safety throughout the duration of the deportation process"
                            "Make warrantless arrests based on probable cause of violation of immigration laws"
                            "Execute final removal orders."
                            "Execute the safe and secure deportation of alien detainees."
                            "Prepare record of removable aliens (I-213) and advise aliens of applicable legal rights."
                            Last edited by SteelCustodian; 11-09-2015, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                              How is ERO process?
                              Read the "Immigration enforcement agent hiring and process questions" thread.

If you can stomach the 94 pages, its probably the most thorough and up-to-date thread on the internet right now.

Comment

The DO position has extended another day (to 11/10). Any idea why this is? Surely it has filled up by now. Also, what do you guys think is the best location to apply for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9546 users online. 454 members and 9092 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X