Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get a “still interested call”. I applied for the Miami area and beside the already stated, they also seem to be steering me towards the North Florida region (Tallahassee). Thought it was interesting development. FYI: same announcement and I got an “87” so I knew I wouldn’t be a top choice.

Comment

• agent05
      agent05 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they say what your next step is after the still interested call? TSL yet??

• AgentSpecial
      AgentSpecial commented
      Editing a comment
      agent05
      No TSL and no further steps... just asked if I would take that location and that they are going down the list still.

• EOD May 15th for Philadelphia. Asked about future academy dates; didn't say they knew when the next Academy would be held.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentSpecial View Post
    Anyone else get a “still interested call”. I applied for the Miami area and beside the already stated, they also seem to be steering me towards the North Florida region (Tallahassee). Thought it was interesting development. FYI: same announcement and I got an “87” so I knew I wouldn’t be a top choice.
    Pick orlando and let’s swap!! I’m in Miami
    Geo: Central East Coast
    Test: 8/15/13 (Score: 89)
    NOR: 9/9/13
    TSL: 11/27/13
    VBT: 12/17/13

Comment

• AgentSpecial
      AgentSpecial commented
      Editing a comment
      Well if they did call back, would you switch for Tallahassee?

• Originally posted by james_bond007 View Post

Pick orlando and let’s swap!! I’m in Miami
    only orlando or Tampa.

Comment

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      They can't swap while in the academy. You're in Krome aren't you? That place is a s hole.

• You can totally swap in the academy once you complete bietp. I saw it more than once while I was there. Matter of fact I work with one of the ones that did it.

Comment

• I’m currently in south Texas RGV but didn’t make the cut... wondering how many of you all got a tsl and “the cal” for los Fresnos, Harlingen, east Hidalgo? At this point I think very few since no one wants to come down here (don’t blame you) but if I’m here already might as well jump over to something better. How many of you all got the call los Fresnos?

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Port Isabel is terrible man. It’s a crapper like Krome Lumpkin

• Originally posted by james_bond007 View Post
      You can totally swap in the academy once you complete bietp. I saw it more than once while I was there. Matter of fact I work with one of the ones that did it.
      So how is it so far? Do you enjoy the work?

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        It is quasi LE work, at best. More clerical in nature. Full of morbidly obese dinosaurs that will keep you out of any of the better details due to them having been IEAs.

• Originally posted by AgentSpecial View Post

So how is it so far? Do you enjoy the work?
      its not bad man still learning new things.

Comment

• NCG128
        NCG128 commented
        Editing a comment
        How’s the academics?

• Has anyone who just got contacted received a TSL?

Comment

• hexen220
        hexen220 commented
        Editing a comment
        not me even though I already told you
        Last edited by hexen220; 04-27-2018, 02:58 PM.

• I have heard from two completely different sources that someone, either ICE or the union, is pushing to make Deportation Officers go to GS-13 automatically. Anyone else hear anything legitimate about that?

Comment

• LBJfan4life
        LBJfan4life commented
        Editing a comment
        Just going by what a DO told me at the field office I EOD'ed at last week.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Will never happen and should not happen.
        LBJ, IEAS were 9s. All IEAs were converted to DO and were basically given a 12. AUO is meh..take a week or two of AL and you're screwed. Will have to basically kill yourself to make up those hours.

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve been in this game a long time...Here are the progression of most of the Immigration Enforcemt Postions over the years.

Journeyman BPA were GS 9s and a Senior Patrol Agent (for every 3 journeyman there was one SPA) were GS 11s. In Agust of 2002 the journeyman grade for BPAs was upgraded to GS 11. In January of 2010 the position was upgraded to GS 12.

Legacy INS inspectors and Legacy Customs Inspectors were GS 9s until 2002 and they were upgraded to GS 11. In 2003 CBP was created and INS/Custom Inspectors became CBPOs. In 2008 they received an enhanced 6c equivalent retirement. 2010 upgraded to GS 12.

INS Special Agents were GS 12s. In 2003 ICE was created and INS Special Agents were combined with Customs Special Agents (GS 13) and upgraded to GS 13. The GS 9 Immigration Agent (non 6c) position was done away with. Some IAs became SAs with ICE. Others became Immigration Enforcement Agents with DRO (Now ERO)

INS Apprehension Detention and Removal (ADR) in 2003 became ICE Detention and Removal Operations (and later became Enforcement and Removal Operations - ERO). There were GS 12 Deportation Officers and GS 7 Detention Enforcement Officers (DEO). In 2003 the DEO position became Immigration Enforcement Agents GS 9s and gained powers of arrest. In 2015 the IEA position and DO position merged into a single Officer position (Deportation Officer).

There is no credible talk to my knowledge of journeyman 13s for DOs but there has been a lot of chatter about a few senior positions but nothing concrete has been released. The agency for many years now has been wanting to move DOs into LEAP but this would require either congress to pass a bill making this change or OPM to classify the position as 1811. The move to LEAP would bring some advantages and disadvantages. The biggest drawback would be becoming FLSA exempt. Which would result in a 8 or 9 thousand dollar pay cut.
        Last edited by Exbpa340; 04-28-2018, 01:22 AM.

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        FNG41Y... see my previous comment for progression of Immigration positions over the years. If you have any understanding of how positions are graded then you probably wouldn’t be so dismissive of the merger. BPAs and CBPOs were upgraded strictly as a retention tool and rarely perform any work that justifies GS 12 pay. When the IEA position was created it should have been graded at th GS 11 position but a few duties were removed from the PD in order to keep the position graded at the 9 level. ERO completely took over CAP (which many GS 12 INS Special Agents were previously performing).

As to AUO.. it is unfortunate that the previous administration “re-interpreted” how excludable days were implemented after decades of past practice. This undoubtedly was a punishment to ERO and done in a vindictive way. It was announced on the last day of the pay period (Saturday). On the last pay period of the rating period (last of 4 pay periods) and it was retroactive. The union has already won this in arbitration and will likely prevail in the government’s appeal. This will mean a complete return to how AUO had been administered for decades and still is in other departments. Even if we move onto LEAP there will still be a corrective action.
        Last edited by Exbpa340; 04-28-2018, 04:39 PM.

• Anyone on here from la field office and have info on santa ana? I know they have a small detention center and have isap.

Comment

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        I know the schedule for Santa Ana is weekends and holidays off. Adelanto and Santa Ana are the only offices in the LA Field Office that has that.

• mg1981
        mg1981 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nnnnnnoooiiccee

• Has anyone been able to get in touch with medical this week? What an extremely frustrating process dealing with this medical unit.

Comment

• I got offered San Diego/ imperial ca region will anyone be interest in swapping for Los Angeles office?

Comment

• mg1981
          mg1981 commented
          Editing a comment
          Where exactly

• San Diego office

Comment

• Anyone have any ideas on when they’re hiring DOs next?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8931 users online. 293 members and 8638 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X