Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got mine today

Comment

• For the medical exam, we have to return again to the facility for the TB skin test reading?

Comment

• Figureout18
        Figureout18 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes within 48hrs.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        ICE medical can take forever. Vets, well some,with VA ratings be prepared to jump through hoops.

• DontResuscitate
        DontResuscitate commented
        Editing a comment
        The doctor at my medical didnt even want to look at my VA disability paperwork or my knee surgery paperwork. She just asked me about it in approximately one sentence and took it at face value. I think it helped that she said she's from a navy family and used to be a MEPs doctor.

• Figureout18
        Figureout18 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope this time around it doesn’t take long. Last year seems like they had a very large pool of applicants on the medical clearance portion. This pool so far seems to be small.

• EQIP submitted. Now waiting on fingerprint cards. Have my Baltimore FO interview tomorrow.

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck.

• Hey all, just got a TSL. I know the conventional wisdom is that people will go to an April Academy, but the TSLs state that pending no issues it'll take 5-8 months to complete the process. What are peoples thoughts, April Academy or will it start to slow down again?

Comment

• Geno13
        Geno13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, which FO did you get offered? I assume yours will pick up as well, keep your phone near you as that’s how they contact for drug test and medical/fitness. In the 2 weeks since receiving my TSL I have completed everything except fingerprints, which I am just waiting to receive the card.

• CPK_MLE
        CPK_MLE commented
        Editing a comment
        The TSL is very generic and appears to be a template that they use... this process has been going very quickly but I’m also weary about getting everything cleared before April as ICE medical is slow at best. As others, I’ve completed everything but fingerprints but completing and clearing for EOD are two very different things.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont know if that is conventional wisdom. There are a bunch of people still waiting from the 2015 announcement.

• Is anyone else having a hard time getting back into their eqip to finish it? Username/password not working.

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        You're going to lock yourself out. Then you'll have to contact the PSU.

• Originally posted by Keyturner View Post
      For the medical history it asks "have you ever been a patient in any type of hospital." Are we supposed to put down every time we've been to the doctor?
      I only listed MAJOR surgeries.

Comment

• Anyone have any idea if there will be an announcement or a timeframe for one?

Comment

• For anyone who is currently Fed LE, and has aspirations to be an 1811 like many do, just keep in mind how long the ICE DO academy is. I only say this because if youre current FLEO, youve probably already spent 10-25 weeks in an academy.

If you take the DO job (but know it isnt your end game), youre going to have nearly 5 months of a physically rigorous academy. If you didn't already know, the DO academy is unnecessarily physically intense (considering the job).

Then if you pick up an 1811 in a few years, youre going to bust back down to a 9, and be facing around 27 more weeks for your 1811 academy if you go HSI, longer if you go Secret Service. Shorter for say USMS, etc. USMS and USSS academies are very physically intense, and CITP/HSI is medium on the intensity scale.

Only mentioning this because we had guys in my HSI class that had JUST finished DO academy or other agency academies, so they were at FLETC for a year, through all the shutdowns, having to move out and back in, moving in and out for the hurricane shutdowns, so on and so forth. On top of that, all the physical training from so many academies will wear on you. We had PT studs and regular condition guys alike in my academies through the years who were physically broken down.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from taking the job at all, but just throwing some devil's advocate at you when right now all you can probably think of is your application and being a DO. Continuous academies are tough on the body, and equally tough mentally when you are perpetually at FLETC, away from friends and family.

UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            DO academy was cake. I guess physically "rigorous " is subjective.

• Rmodel1965
            Rmodel1965 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish I could stay at fletc that's my home town

• LBJfan4life
            LBJfan4life commented
            Editing a comment
            deleted........
            Last edited by LBJfan4life; 03-15-2018, 12:06 PM.

• KJB
            KJB commented
            Editing a comment
            I did 16 weeks of OSUT at Fort Sill for Field Artillery when I was 20 and that wasn't even that rigorous but still rough being away from the family and all that. I think my biggest problem will be not being able to make my own food and having to rely on the Glynco chow hall for most of my food.

• Why is the ICE DO Academy so physically intensive? Who's bright idea was it to structure it like that? Doesn't make a lot of sense since 90%+ of the job involves pushing paper at a desk....

Comment

• KJB
            KJB commented
            Editing a comment
            My guess is because of that 10%.

• Keyturner
            Keyturner commented
            Editing a comment
            I read that they set the bar high because they cant enforce any kind of fitness standards after the academy. So theyre hoping people get really fit during the academy and then try to stay that way.

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            It isn't. It was a joke.

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
          For anyone who is currently Fed LE, and has aspirations to be an 1811 like many do, just keep in mind how long the ICE DO academy is. I only say this because if youre current FLEO, youve probably already spent 10-25 weeks in an academy.

If you take the DO job (but know it isnt your end game), youre going to have nearly 5 months of a physically rigorous academy. If you didn't already know, the DO academy is unnecessarily physically intense (considering the job).

Then if you pick up an 1811 in a few years, youre going to bust back down to a 9, and be facing around 27 more weeks for your 1811 academy if you go HSI, longer if you go Secret Service. Shorter for say USMS, etc. USMS and USSS academies are very physically intense, and CITP/HSI is medium on the intensity scale.

Only mentioning this because we had guys in my HSI class that had JUST finished DO academy or other agency academies, so they were at FLETC for a year, through all the shutdowns, having to move out and back in, moving in and out for the hurricane shutdowns, so on and so forth. On top of that, all the physical training from so many academies will wear on you. We had PT studs and regular condition guys alike in my academies through the years who were physically broken down.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from taking the job at all, but just throwing some devil's advocate at you when right now all you can probably think of is your application and being a DO. Continuous academies are tough on the body, and equally tough mentally when you are perpetually at FLETC, away from friends and family.
          I also saw this in my CITP class. I have been to two FLETC academies and while I would not consider them hard by any stretch of the imagine any training environment is going to be a grind no matter how good of shape you are in or how excited you were when you first got the job.

What battlewagon is saying is definitely something to consider.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
            For anyone who is currently Fed LE, and has aspirations to be an 1811 like many do, just keep in mind how long the ICE DO academy is. I only say this because if youre current FLEO, youve probably already spent 10-25 weeks in an academy.

I don't really understand the point of this post??? People are going to take the best opportunities for them and their families when they present themselves. Who cares if you go to FLETC for a year if you have a 20+ year career that you love. The HSI class must not be too demanding as you seem to be up here posting all the time.

Comment

• Anyone hear back after submitting e-qip?

Comment

• CPK_MLE
                CPK_MLE commented
                Editing a comment
                FedEx.....

• Keyturner
                Keyturner commented
                Editing a comment
                They send the fingerprint cards after you submit the eqip?

• Geno13
                Geno13 commented
                Editing a comment
                I did mine at the ICE FO in DC, in and out in 2 minutes and done electronically. I’d recommend that if in the area.

• JohnnyUtah1989
                JohnnyUtah1989 commented
                Editing a comment
                How are you guys sending them back? Ups or fed ex?

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post

I don't really understand the point of this post??? People are going to take the best opportunities for them and their families when they present themselves. Who cares if you go to FLETC for a year if you have a 20+ year career that you love. The HSI class must not be too demanding as you seem to be up here posting all the time.
              Guy above you said I had valid points and is something to consider. You think differently. That is the point of a forum, to post opinions and thoughts for others to see and process however they see fit. The point of my post is to give people something to think about who want to one day be 1811s. And maybe stop them from doing what I was doing when I was a new BP Agent. I knew I wanted to be an 1811 one day, yet was applying to any job that seemed cool or interesting. Signing myself up for perpetual academies and being away from home. I finally realized I had a good gig that had a high chance of leading to my goal, an 1811 job, evaluated my situation, and decided to stay where I was out until the offer I wanted came along.

It may be my two cents, which isn't worth much, but it's still worth two cents. At least im posting a valid experience, as opposed to guys who just make things up and post speculation under the guise of facts. And correct, HSI academy is not that demanding. Honestly CITP was probably harder, which says a lot. It's just long. Which was one of the main points in my post above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Kmiech
                Kmiech commented
                Editing a comment
                I completely understand what you’re saying. If you’ve been through an academy before then most will understand whether it’s tough or not. Most of us going through the academy are just counting the days until we graduate and can get onto the street. Personally ICE DO isn’t where I wanna be when I retire. However I do wanna get my 1811 like most people on here. So for me it’s getting back into the federal system and having my time count toward something. If I stay where I’m at now, pretty much throwing away all this time toward retirement, etc. You definitely bring up a valid point nonetheless.

• Has anybody heard back from the Washington DC AOR aka Virginia offices??

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post

Are you prior law enforcement? Have you gone through a FLETC academy? Like I previously posted FLETC is not hard by any stretch of the imagination but being in a training environment is a grind that wears on you nonetheless. Especially when you are not in your young 20's anymore.

It took me almost 10 years to get an 1811 position. So if 1811 is your end goal but you are applying to U.S. Park Police, BP, ICE ERO, USSS UD, locals, etc. to get your foot in the door; then you need to be fully aware that you might be in that job for 10 years. That's why I caution people about taking a position because you think it will look good on the resume. I know a lot of guys out there that were hoping to jump ship in 2 or 3 years and are still grinding away.

That being said I know guys who have literally left a position at FLETC on a Friday and started their new agency's academy (also at FLETC) that Monday and they are perfectly happy and content. When/if you get to FLETC you will most definitely hear about the legend of the guy who (allegedly) went from BOP-USSSUD-Marshals-ATF while never leaving FLETC.

You should always do what's best for you and your family. I come on this forum to give applicants advice based on my experience and the path I took to getting my 1811 spot. I'm not saying my way or my way of thinking is the way to go. It's all just another perspective.

Good luck to all of you no matter where you land.
                Last edited by AGInvestigator; 03-16-2018, 03:53 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5556 users online. 295 members and 5261 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X