Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when do we hear something? Jan? Feb?

Comment

• I know a lot of people don't want to hear this and think it is wrong, but dh3521 is absolutely right.

If you don't play the game, you don't get referred. You will be bitter and angry, but that won't change the fact that you aren't getting the job. You can yell and scream that it isn't fair, or that others are falsely inflating their experience, but nothing will change, and you still won't have a job.
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• New England Region Question.....

Hello, I selected NE region for the public announcement that closed in November... and have a few questions.

1. I am a disabled veteran with over 30% VA rating. Do I just get 10 points or my name gets placed in the best qualified group automatically?

2. How are resumes and experience rated. I have a master degree.. do I get extra points for education and or for speaking two foreign languages?

3. Do BPAs and CBOs who are not veterans get ranked higher than D-Vets without LEO experience when NORs are sent out?

4. One-Stop Assessment Center- do you know what actually gets done there. I am particularly interested in knowing if interviews will be done there (for the public announcement entry level that closed in November) or if the interview is done at the field office selected.....

5. Are tentative selection letters sent out before interviews or after?

Thank you in advance for your help. I am just trying to get a sense of things might work for me. I am do not have LEO experience, but I am a d-vet with a master degree, speak two foreign language and 11 years working in state govt doing non-LE investigations. I have done many compliance investigations but have not worked in law enforcement capacity arresting people etc.... For that reason, when I answered the questions in the assessment I chose no experience or training for many of the questions..... Does that mean that I will not rank high enough to be referred automatically?

Lastly, can anyone share information about NE- Boston area..... or any of the sub-offices...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

• dh3521

dh3521, I tried to send you a pm.. but it says your inbox is full..... and won't accept...

Comment

• NOR's are going out. Check emails my friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
              NOR's are going out. Check emails my friends.
              For the last announcement right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by GoELoH View Post
                For the last announcement right?

We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                  NOR's are going out. Check emails my friends.
                  Which one? DHS? ERO? or Public?

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                    Which one? DHS? ERO? or Public?
                    Yes, the two that came out 2 weeks apart a few months back. I received NOR of referred for the DHS only as a GS-9. I also applied for the DHS only for their GS-7 as well as the announcement that posted about 2 weeks later for all US Citizens as a 7. The other 2 showed no updates and I'm guessing they won't since I was selected for the DHS/GS-9 group.

Comment

• Good luck

Comment

• Has anyone called HR to get an update?

Sent from my SNES using Tapatalk
                        Peace out...war in!

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleFist13 View Post
                          Has anyone called HR to get an update?

No not yet give them time to get settled from the holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCFED View Post
                            No not yet give them time to get settled from the holidays.
                            Just like the government. The holidays were 4 days ago lol

Comment

• Does it mean anything if they send you to a clinic for urine analysis and Physical and PT test? I just did that a few weeks ago. At what point in the process can you have some sort of hope that you are selected, I would think they wouldn't want to spend money on an expensive exam if they knew you were out of the running based on application and resume right?

I also got an email saying if you applied for the job in Feb. that "it is strongly encouraged that you apply for the new listing, DO as they are changing the name and or ERO billet, anyone else get this email? I also noticed when I went into my application on USA jobs my preference was changed, has anyone else experienced this?

Comment

• Talked with HR about the announcement in the title of the thread, not the February one. They told me they are finishing checking the qualifications. It should be a few more weeks until NORs are sent out.

Peace out...war in!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5933 users online. 343 members and 5590 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X