Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
    I am trying to figure out where I went wrong with the Questionaire. For those who have have been found Best Qualifed in the recent announcements, what have the majority of your responses been? I do almost everything on Questionaire on a daily basis, with the other one or two occurring quite often, but I don't know if that would be considered expert. Any insight would be helpful.
    Bro, the Nor's haven't come out for the public announcement yet.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MetroEast View Post
      Bro, the Nor's haven't come out for the public announcement yet.

I'm aware, talking about the ERO only and DHS only announcements. Questionaire was the same the the public and DHS only announcement. Currently a fed leo with DHS

Comment

• I haven't got my Nor's, so I might not be the best one to answer this but, I'll take a stab at it. My first thought is someone with a Law Enforcement background; to take it a step further someone who has experience with INA enforcement, first group that comes to mind are Border Patrol agents, or Cbp officers might fit the bill as well. I'm a vet, local Leo, college grad + master's so we'll see what happens with me. I really worked hard on my getting my federal resumes up to par. What I mean is; I try to covey all the duties I've had, and with me being in those roles, the things I've accomplished, and how I benefited the organization.

Comment

• And this posting was tough because of the specifics. I got referred for GS9 w/ HSI but I don't think I'll make the GL5 cut with this posting because of the questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitche27 View Post
            And this posting was tough because of the specifics. I got referred for GS9 w/ HSI but I don't think I'll make the GL5 cut with this posting because of the questions.
            Not trying to hijack this thread and turn it into the HSI thread, but I got a 96 at GL-9, but for ERO I'm not so sure!

Comment

• What were the majority of your responses for the ERO Questionaire? D-do this task regularly without a supervisor, or E-expert?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                What were the majority of your responses for the ERO Questionaire? D-do this task regularly without a supervisor, or E-expert?
                Mainly D's some C's when it came to questions in regards to the INA/Immigration stuff and some E's

Comment

• ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Here's the thing, unfortunately this is pretty widely known and I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but everyone that gets hired does it. You need to answer expert to everything, if you don't you won't rate high enough to be referred. 99% of people in the federal service know that as being true..sad but true...otherwise you may have some kid, far less experienced, maybe college degree, maybe not sometimes fresh out of the military or with only a few years of work who answered expert for everything get hired. It happens and it sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by dh3521; 12-25-2015, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Dh3521, but don't thy verify that the answers you selected are supported by your resume/experience?

Comment

• ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Originally posted by nevergiveup725 View Post
                      Dh3521, but don't thy verify that the answers you selected are supported by your resume/experience?

It's crazy, I've never seen anything on application questionnaire verified both from my own personal experience and from that of others. For example my father is an investigator in charge for another federal agency, he had a recent entry level announcement for 2 positions in multiple cities across the country, dozens of the people that made his list had nothing on their resume that supported their claims that they were expert in the required tasks other than their own word/rating, but because they checked expert they were rated high enough and made the BQ list and were referred to him. The only thing they DO verify during the background stage without a doubt is any experience claimed on your resume.

Now with This ICE job being an entry level mass hiring announcement, people who do that have an even better chance of getting referred, they don't have time to have a person compare side by side questionnaire and resumes so they are just scanned/rated and referred or not referred. So as long as you used a USAjobs format resume(can't stress that enough) and had plenty of key words from the announcement and rated yourself all expert. You should be good to go, military experience on top of that pretty much tops it off.

But again, I'm not encouraging people to do this, I hate working with people who embellish skills and expertise in this field. I don't want someone to have my back I can't trust.

Last edited by dh3521; 12-25-2015, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                        It's crazy, I've never seen anything on application questionnaire verified both from my own personal experience and from that of others. For example my father is an investigator in charge for another federal agency, he had a recent entry level announcement for 2 positions in multiple cities across the country, dozens of the people that made his list had nothing on their resume that supported their claims that they were expert in the required tasks other than their own word/rating, but because they checked expert they were rated high enough and made the BQ list and were referred to him. The only thing they DO verify during the background stage without a doubt is any experience claimed on your resume.

Now with This ICE job being an entry level mass hiring announcement, people who do that have an even better chance of getting referred, they don't have time to have a person compare side by side questionnaire and resumes so they are just scanned/rated and referred or not referred. So as long as you used a USAjobs format resume(can't stress that enough) and had plenty of key words from the announcement and rated yourself all expert. You should be good to go, military experience on top of that pretty much tops it off.

But again, I'm not encouraging people to do this, I hate working with people who embellish skills and expertise in this field. I don't want someone to have my back I can't trust.

I know what to do next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCFED View Post
                          I know what to do next time.
                          Right behind you DCFED! I just couldn't see rating myself as an expert on the Immigration stuff. Oh well. Merry Christmas to you guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                            Here's the thing, unfortunately this is pretty widely known and I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but everyone that gets hired does it. You need to answer expert to everything, if you don't you won't rate high enough to be referred. 99% of people in the federal service know that as being true..sad but true...otherwise you may have some kid, far less experienced, maybe college degree, maybe not sometimes fresh out of the military or with only a few years of work who answered expert for everything get hired. It happens and it sucks.

I made the cut for the HSI Special Agent at GL-9 and I didn't mark expert for everything. Although, I don't remember the questions since that was back in August. However, I don't recall the questions being so specific in regards to immigration processing. I could be wrong, I just don't remember.

Comment

• It's great when you have a clueless moron working next to you...that's the thing..the questionnaire might not out you as a phony but it will come out when you start the job and all your coworkers see you as a lying scumbag who can't do any of the job requirements without a pictograph

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Exactly! Good luck to all of you. Merry Christmas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2473 users online. 183 members and 2290 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X