Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone want SF and is going to NYC want to do a swap?

Comment

• Originally posted by james_bond007 View Post
      Hello everyone, I finally got the call. But they only had positions in miami Florida. I’m from Orlando area. I really would appreciate if anyone interested in swapping with me. I rather not have to move. I’m interested in Orlando or Tampa offices. Or anywhere in Central Florida.
      Not knowing anything about your life or situation, but I think you'd be silly to not take it. Take it now, or compete with thousands of applicants when the hiring kicks into low gear. Plus, if you are already a DO in MIA, imagine how much of a leg up you'll have against the hundreds of people who select Orlando who have no immigration experience or Border Patrol Agents who haven't done the job yet. And that is assuming Homan doesn't follow through with the promise that they will come up with something for DOs who want to relocate before the big hiring.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Does everyone have to take the 5 week Spanish course after they graduate?

I also agree with battlewagon, get in and work things out. Miami isn’t too far from Orlando. I wish I were in your shoes when I started. I had to make things work from Arizona to Puerto Rico. Then I changed agancies and relocated family for a better situation and made things work from NY to DC which was still a pretty good distance. I’m about to come onboard with my 3rd agancy which will finally provide me with a work environment I can enjoy while sleeping under the same roof as my family..... six and a half years later.

Comment

• james_bond007
          james_bond007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes the lady that called me to offer me the position told me everyone has to do it now. That they Are not doing the waiver anymore for whatever reason. Bummer!!! Would have saved me 5 weeks of training. But oh well. And damn that was a long time to be away from the family. I’m still bring them with me it’s just that Miami is overpriced and school districts seem to be horrible.

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Not knowing anything about your life or situation, but I think you'd be silly to not take it. Take it now, or compete with thousands of applicants when the hiring kicks into low gear. Plus, if you are already a DO in MIA, imagine how much of a leg up you'll have against the hundreds of people who select Orlando who have no immigration experience or Border Patrol Agents who haven't done the job yet. And that is assuming Homan doesn't follow through with the promise that they will come up with something for DOs who want to relocate before the big hiring.
        Oh I did accept like you said it be silly not to take it after I waited 2 years for this. It was just a hard decicion because of having to relocate. But I feel like it’ll be worth the sacrifice. Also what are you talking about coming up with something for relocation? I haven’t heard anything about that.
        Either way thanks for your advise.
        Geo: Central East Coast
        Test: 8/15/13 (Score: 89)
        NOR: 9/9/13
        TSL: 11/27/13
        VBT: 12/17/13

Comment

• Anyone currently at FLETC know how they’ll schedule Christmas this year since 25th falls on a Monday?

Comment

• james_bond007
            james_bond007 commented
            Editing a comment
            When I was there last on a holiday weekend class was cancelled on that holiday Monday so class started on Tuesday

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
          Anyone currently at FLETC know how they’ll schedule Christmas this year since 25th falls on a Monday?
          Here now, Tuesday is a training holiday for FLETC. But be advised, it was the same thing for Thanksgiving; Thursday a federal holiday and Friday a training holiday, but my agency made us use a day of AL for the Friday. Not sure how ICE does it.

honor first

Comment

Here now, Tuesday is a training holiday for FLETC. But be advised, it was the same thing for Thanksgiving; Thursday a federal holiday and Friday a training holiday, but my agency made us use a day of AL for the Friday. Not sure how ICE does it.
            Thanks for the response. So Tuesday, December 26 will be a FLETC “Training Day”? Which could require us to use 8 hrs AL so not to be on FLETC time the 26th?

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Correct. Hopefully Trump declares it a holiday day so we don't have to do that

PM sent

Comment

• Can someone chime in on where they are housing us at FLETC? Crack house? Taj?

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                Can someone chime in on where they are housing us at FLETC? Crack house? Taj?
                Unlikely anyone will know until the day you check in. Even if they did, there's a chance you'll move while you're here. I moved 5 times total so far. Some were weather related, but even without those, it was still a few times.

honor first

Comment

Unlikely anyone will know until the day you check in. Even if they did, there's a chance you'll move while you're here. I moved 5 times total so far. Some were weather related, but even without those, it was still a few times.
                  Oh wow!! That’s not fun. Last time I was there I had the Taj with no moving. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• So is the ICE ERO 10K hiring plan over with now?

Is ICE ERO going to hire for any entry-level positions?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                      So is the ICE ERO 10K hiring plan over with now?

Is ICE ERO going to hire for any entry-level positions?
                      Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Whats up with this "continuing resolution" bull****? Lets do what President Trump says he wants and open up an open announcement to start hiring Deportation Officers already...

Anyone have any info on this??

Comment

• cmor5150
                        cmor5150 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hurry up and wait

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5040 users online. 240 members and 4800 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X