Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MetroEast View Post
    Are they for the announcement that was open to the public last month?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    I applied October 29, 2015
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by zfinest View Post
      i applied october 29, 2015
      DHS? Ero?

Comment

• ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Mispost deleted
        With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• The Deportation Officer announcement was open from 11/06/15 to 11/11/15

Comment

• Originally posted by CCSU2014 View Post
            The Deportation Officer announcement was open from 11/06/15 to 11/11/15
            That was the public announcement. They had DHS and ERO in October.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
              That was the public announcement. They had DHS and ERO in October.
              gotcha

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                Shouldn't be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                A few questions for you. You seem to be prett knowledgeable about the inner workings of the IEA/DO position. I'm coming a from a local background i.e. patrol, investigations, now street crimes. I'm curious to know what are the day to day duties like? Meaning are you on the streets? Is it an office type environment? What??? I've read that a lot of it is contingent on your location, I guess I get that. Just really trying to gauge your day to day. Thanks!

Last edited by MetroEast; 12-21-2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

A few questions for you. You seem to be prett knowledgeable about the inner workings of the IEA/DO position. I'm coming a from a local background i.e. patrol, investigations, now street crimes. I'm curious to know what are the day to day duties like? Meaning are you on the streets? Is it an office type environment? What??? I've read that a lot of it is contingent on your location, I guess I get that. Just really trying to gauge your day to day. Thanks!

Immigration law is administrative law, you'll be in an office most of the time, some times the jail if you aren't already stationed at one, however the detention duties are contracted out. Street work happens if you are on fugitive ops or something like that.. Most people in my class were former military and federal Leo with prior FLETC academies, I think there was 2 non federal Leo's in it. Usually what happens is an illegal person gets arrested for a felony by locals, they call ice and you put him through proceedings after they are convicted on that charge. It's more similar to a probation/parole officer.

Comment

Immigration law is administrative law, you'll be in an office most of the time, some times the jail if you aren't already stationed at one, however the detention duties are contracted out. Street work happens if you are on fugitive ops or something like that.. Most people in my class were former military and federal Leo with prior FLETC academies, I think there was 2 non federal Leo's in it. Usually what happens is an illegal person gets arrested for a felony by locals, they call ice and you put him through proceedings after they are convicted on that charge. It's more similar to a probation/parole officer.

Sounds good, based off your examples of duties. I see why you're liking it to probation/parole. So what's the scoop of the title/series change? 1811 in the future? Any ideas on the new name?

Comment

Sounds good, based off your examples of duties. I see why you're liking it to probation/parole. So what's the scoop of the title/series change? 1811 in the future? Any ideas on the new name?

not an 1811 for sure, maybe another new series. Name we've heard is immigration officer or immigration agent.

Comment

Immigration law is administrative law, you'll be in an office most of the time, some times the jail if you aren't already stationed at one, however the detention duties are contracted out. Street work happens if you are on fugitive ops or something like that..g Most people in my class were former military and federal Leo with prior FLETC academies, I think there was 2 non federal Leo's in it. Usually what happens is an illegal person gets arrested for a felony by locals, they call ice and you put him through proceedings after they are convicted on that charge. It's more similar to a probation/parole

Last edited by CJ511; 12-21-2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• dh3521, were you in the academy or do you work with a lot of prior probation and parole officers? I would think that federal probation officers would be highly sought after being as though they perform similar duties, as you described, and because they have already completed a FLETC academy.

Comment

• [QUOTE=CJ511;3792401]dh3521, were you in the academy or do you work with a lot of prior probation and parole officers? I would think that federal probation officers would be highly sought after being as though they perform similar duties, as you described, and because they have already completed a
                            Last edited by PSOSAC; 12-22-2015, 03:48 AM.

Comment

not an 1811 for sure, maybe another new series. Name we've heard is immigration officer or immigration agent.

Thanks again! Even though I don't work for you guys; If you want my vote, I like IEA! LOL. They should change it back. But the more I think about Immigration Agent has a nice ring to it.

Comment

• I am trying to figure out where I went wrong with the Questionaire. For those who have have been found Best Qualifed in the recent announcements, what have the majority of your responses been? I do almost everything on Questionaire on a daily basis, with the other one or two occurring quite often, but I don't know if that would be considered expert. Any insight would be helpful.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3156 users online. 206 members and 2950 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X