Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
    Can't do that on a US Citizens announcement.
    I've seen cutoff of 100 for applications before but not 105.

For that, it has to say status candidates only.
    As far as I know and have seen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess you haven't seen it all then. I've seen it and experienced it multiple times on USC announcements.

Comment

• Originally posted by N8 View Post
      I guess you haven't seen it all then. I've seen it and experienced it multiple times on USC announcements.
      I'm sure I haven't. Lol

It doesn't seem "equal opportunity" if you're gonna open a USC announcement with 105 cutoff lol but hey it's whatever bro.

We all just want one thing: to get hired on.

Comment

Can't do that on a US Citizens announcement.
        I've seen cutoff of 100 for applications before but not 105.

For that, it has to say status candidates only.
        As far as I know and have seen before.

Veterans preference does not apply to merit promotion announcements...

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
          Veterans preference does not apply to merit promotion announcements...
          Oh ok.
          I've seen openings where it states veteran status only, etc..

I guess well see what ICE does on next posting. Whenever that is. Could be tomorrow or in 6 months.

Comment

Oh ok.
            I've seen openings where it states veteran status only, etc..

I guess well see what ICE does on next posting. Whenever that is. Could be tomorrow or in 6 months.

If they do a "VRA applicants only" posting, veterans preference will apply; however, all applicants will be 5 or 10-point veterans, so it'll be a list of almost all 10-point veterans most likely. This is a possibility and has been done by agencies such as HSI at times. I doubt they go this route, but it is a possibility. They could also go this route for a "parallel track" meaning they run the all USCs list and the VRA list at the same time and pull from either list at the same time.

If they did a merit promotion posting open only to agency employees or VEOA eligibles, only agency employees could apply and 5 and 10-point veterans could apply under VEOA. In that case, the ability to apply under VEOA is your veteran advantage, so veterans preference will not apply. This would make no sense as it would only serve to clear out their ranks of clerical employees and such within the agency and then poach from other agencies, most likely BP and OFO and ERO is probably already aware of how they are exacerbating the CBP staffing problem. Such a posting would not be likely to fill academy classes as many applicants would be academy exempt.

Comment

I'm sure I haven't. Lol

It doesn't seem "equal opportunity" if you're gonna open a USC announcement with 105 cutoff lol but hey it's whatever bro.

We all just want one thing: to get hired on.

They don't open it with a predefined cutoff score, it is set depending on everyone's results.

You need to lurk more and comment less.

Comment

They don't open it with a predefined cutoff score, it is set depending on everyone's results.

You need to lurk more and comment less.
                Oh thanks for that advice.

Very helpful.

Don't like what I have to say, don't quote me and keep scrolling.

Comment

Oh thanks for that advice.

Very helpful.

Don't like what I have to say, don't quote me and keep scrolling.

It's just that you don't know ****. Everything you say is wrong, but you are convinced you are an expert. Are you sixteen or just possessing a developmental disorder?

Comment

It's just that you don't know ****. Everything you say is wrong, but you are convinced you are an expert. Are you sixteen or just possessing a developmental disorder?

Keep thinking you know what you're talking about Lol

You're just another a**h**** with a little ego. It's all good. Keep talking s***

Comment

Keep thinking you know what you're talking about Lol

You're just another a**h**** with a little ego. It's all good. Keep talking s***

N8 has a point. You've been wrong as much or more than you've been correct. Talk less and listen more and you'll learn some stuff.

And don't clutter up this thread with a phallus measuring contest. Take it to PM.

Comment

• Actually, you two must have just read my comments today because I'm not a veteran and I do not care about their rules. I was just going off what I've heard, seen and experienced myself in 5 years with federal govt.

You guys know everything about vets pref. Kudos to you. I could care less.

Comment

I've come to realize that it doesn't even matter what the application questions are, everyone will just mark expert on everything regardless. Im interested to see if on the next announcement only 5 and 10 pt vets get TSLs due to NOR cutoffs of 105+.
                          True it worked for Lunytune. I'm definitely going to do the same next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                            And don't clutter up this thread with a phallus measuring contest. Take it to PM.
                            Hey bro, I haven't even whipped it out yet. But if I did, I would want everyone to see my magnificance

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                              True it worked for Lunytune. I'm definitely going to do the same next time.
                              That is what I recommend to everyone now. I tell them "if you don't bust out firewall 5s you will loose out to some corny TSOs who will". I'm all about people getting a shot to move up, but this whole thing has gotten outta hand. How you can occupy a non-LE job and mark expert to LE only questions (I.e. executing warrants and such) and not get called on it blows my mind.

PS, I make no apologies for cluttering up this thread. It has sucked for a long time. "What eye test do they do, blah blah blah". Read the damn paperwork they send you for crying out loud.

Comment

That is what I recommend to everyone now. I tell them "if you don't bust out firewall 5s you will loose out to some corny TSOs who will". I'm all about people getting a shot to move up, but this whole thing has gotten outta hand. How you can occupy a non-LE job and mark expert to LE only questions (I.e. executing warrants and such) and not get called on it blows my mind.

PS, I make no apologies for cluttering up this thread. It has sucked for a long time. "What eye test do they do, blah blah blah". Read the damn paperwork they send you for crying out loud.
                                You're an arrogant POS.

"Corny TSO who has an education AND has experience required to do the job." Tell them that since you know oh so much. You even know how I filled out my application and what my resume looks like.

You should be working for NASA. I don't know what you're doing in this post. You should be building rockets.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5341 users online. 340 members and 5001 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X