Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was medically cleared and offered an EOD that I declined back in April. Just got an email to sumbit a TON of medical stuff because they say I am not cleared. So confused. Don't feel like jumping thru all the hoops again.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 00BCK View Post
      I was medically cleared and offered an EOD that I declined back in April. Just got an email to sumbit a TON of medical stuff because they say I am not cleared. So confused. Don't feel like jumping thru all the hoops again.
      This process is an absolute cluster. I went from all clear to only medical was clear. The guy said he had no record of me attending a One Stop. They're ***** backwards in everything

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
        Exactly. If they agree that you're an expert and you believe you're an expert. Guess what? You're an expert..

        Unless they can prove otherwise..

        And until they change how applications are graded, and how the hiring process goes, it will always be like that.. And until people understand that most will not get a referral even if they have a masters degree. It all rides on your resume and answers to the questions. Trust me I've been through enough applications and enough discussions with upper level management to know how to answer the KSAs and how to prepare resume.
        And that is what must be obnoxious to dudes like esoj37, who actually have immigration law enforcement experience, but are passed up by unscrupulous people who do not have the experience and mark all 5s in the AQ anyway and are not called out in it.

        No matter how you want to look at it, a TSO does not have anywhere near the same level of experience as a LEO, or immigration LEO, for the AQ. Off the top of my head one of the questions asked about serving and executing search and arrest warrants. Another literally asked about completing I-213s. You sound like you marked expert on those, but TSA doesn't do either of those things.

        If I was esoj37 I'd be ****ed too.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by N8 View Post
          And that is what must be obnoxious to dudes like esoj37, who actually have immigration law enforcement experience, but are passed up by unscrupulous people who do not have the experience and mark all 5s in the AQ anyway and are not called out in it.

          No matter how you want to look at it, a TSO does not have anywhere near the same level of experience as a LEO, or immigration LEO, for the AQ. Off the top of my head one of the questions asked about serving and executing search and arrest warrants. Another literally asked about completing I-213s. You sound like you marked expert on those, but TSA doesn't do either of those things.

          If I was esoj37 I'd be ****ed too.
          I actually have done all those things believe it or not. I'm not at a checkpoint screening people all day. I wasn't going to answer anymore but since you wanna be a smart *** there you go. That's what you get for assuming.

          And nowhere did it say you had to fill out that I-23 in the past. Like I said read the qualifications again... Apparently you didn't. I did, because I have the qualifications, experience AND education to back it up. Next time READ.

          It also stated "I certify, TO MY KNOWLEDGE AND BELIEF, that the answers are correct and truthful"

          I've done all of those things and more. Read the questions and think...

          If only BP has this experience they would specify that and say "SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE WITH BP ONLY" but nah it doesn't.

          Got me messed up..

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
            I actually have done all those things believe it or not. I'm not at a checkpoint screening people all day. I wasn't going to answer anymore but since you wanna be a smart *** there you go. That's what you get for assuming.

            And nowhere did it say you had to fill out that I-23 in the past. Like I said read the qualifications again... Apparently you didn't. I did, because I have the qualifications, experience AND education to back it up. Next time READ.

            It also stated "I certify, TO MY KNOWLEDGE AND BELIEF, that the answers are correct and truthful"

            I've done all of those things and more. Read the questions and think...

            If only BP has this experience they would specify that and say "SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE WITH BP ONLY" but nah it doesn't.

            Got me messed up..
            I have tried to break it down, but you are still confused. There are the basic qualifications, which are judged by your resume. Then there is the application questionaire. That is where the rating comes from. They did specifically ask about completing record of inadmissible/removable alien (I-213). And I know for sure that no one in TSA uses that form.

            They also ask about making apprehensions/arrests and serving search/arrest warrants, among other LEO specific duties. Unless you are a TSA LEO, then you haven't down these things with TSA. I guess if you FEEL like an expert you are one?

            Maybe you should take your own advice and re-read the application questionaire in the application manager. You clearly can't even remember the questions because I'm guessing you simply went through and marked E on everything.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by N8 View Post
              I have tried to break it down, but you are still confused. There are the basic qualifications, which are judged by your resume. Then there is the application questionaire. That is where the rating comes from. They did specifically ask about completing record of inadmissible/removable alien (I-213). And I know for sure that no one in TSA uses that form.

              They also ask about making apprehensions/arrests and serving search/arrest warrants, among other LEO specific duties. Unless you are a TSA LEO, then you haven't down these things with TSA. I guess if you FEEL like an expert you are one?

              Maybe you should take your own advice and re-read the application questionaire in the application manager. You clearly can't even remember the questions because I'm guessing you simply went through and marked E on everything.
              Not confused. I know exactly how it works.. I've tried explaining it to you but clearly reading and understanding isn't your forte.

              They feel I meet and exceed qualifications based on my experience and education right? Then who are you to tell me I haven't done what the questions asked LOL.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
                Not confused. I know exactly how it works.. I've tried explaining it to you but clearly reading and understanding isn't your forte.

                They feel I meet and exceed qualifications based on my experience and education right? Then who are you to tell me I haven't done what the questions asked LOL.
                A lot of great logic from you. With gems like "so what if I lie if they don't call me out on it".

                The lesson here guys is that you have people who will mark E in everything regardless of their actual skills or experience. You know what you need to do on the next announcement.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by N8 View Post
                  A lot of great logic from you. With gems like "so what if I lie if they don't call me out on it".

                  The lesson here guys is that you have people who will mark E in everything regardless of their actual skills or experience. You know what you need to do on the next announcement.
                  Too funny. [emoji23]

                  You need help..... And a tutor. [emoji23]

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
                    Too funny. [emoji23]

                    You need help..... And a tutor. [emoji23]
                    For real though, thanks for confirming what I, and many of us, think about the majority of people who work at the TSA.

                    Comment


                    • ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

                      Originally posted by N8 View Post
                      For real though, thanks for confirming what I, and many of us, think about the majority of people who work at the TSA.
                      I'm done entertaining you man. Grow up, get a job and get a life. Progress and strive to be better instead of talking smack on an Internet forum.

                      I work with people from all backgrounds, including people with masters degrees, 10 years of experience as a CEO somewhere in the private industry, inspectors, former LEO, active military, former military, current law students, current Ph.D. Students, you have no idea. And like I said, I'm not your typical screener. Just because you read TSA, you automatically assumed and labeled me. First thing I learned in my first semester in college: Never assume.

                      With that statement you show how shallow you are and how ignorant.

                      Good luck to you in the future.
                      Last edited by Lunytunezpr; 05-13-2016, 06:30 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
                        I'm done entertaining you man. Grow up, get a job and get a life. . . .I'm not your typical screener.
                        Note though how even you segregate yourself from those "typical" screeners.

                        In any case, I'm under your skin cause I've hit a nerve. The one where you embellished on your application and are bent about being called out on it. I just thought it was a bit much for you to tell a dude like esoj37 who has been at the Fed LE thing for a while that he needs to "learn how to write a resume".

                        I know you are just really excited to get your first Fed LE TSL, so I should have just gone easy on you.

                        BTW, I am employed. Thanks for the concern though.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by N8 View Post
                          Note though how even you segregate yourself from those "typical" screeners.

                          In any case, I'm under your skin cause I've hit a nerve. The one where you embellished on your application and are bent about being called out on it. I just thought it was a bit much for you to tell a dude like esoj37 who has been at the Fed LE thing for a while that he needs to "learn how to write a resume".

                          I know you are just really excited to get your first Fed LE TSL, so I should have just gone easy on you.

                          BTW, I am employed. Thanks for the concern though.
                          Not under my skin LOL!! Just funny how you want to label all of TSA under whatever label you have for us.

                          The resume is 80% of the application. Once you understand how to write a FEDERAL resume then maybe just maybe you will get it. It's not the same as private sector, I hope You understand that. If not, not really my problem. This forum is to help, not to be above or below anyone.


                          It's actually not my first fed LE TSL but thanks. You're a real gem. I couldn't have done it without you bud. With another pair of ignorant comments you show your great I.Q.


                          Knowledge is power. I'll leave it at that...

                          Comment


                          • Can't we all just get along? Lets all stand back and watch how ICE HR fumbles our application.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                              Can't we all just get along? Lets all stand back and watch how ICE HR fumbles our application.
                              I agree! We're all in the process together and we're all going to be federal officers! Let the small stuff be. On to bigger and better things! No agency is a bad agency, it's just based on your experience and people you've crossed paths with!

                              Cheers!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
                                Not under my skin LOL!! Just funny how you want to label all of TSA under whatever label you have for us.

                                The resume is 80% of the application. Once you understand how to write a FEDERAL resume then maybe just maybe you will get it. It's not the same as private sector, I hope You understand that. If not, not really my problem. This forum is to help, not to be above or below anyone.


                                It's actually not my first fed LE TSL but thanks. You're a real gem. I couldn't have done it without you bud. With another pair of ignorant comments you show your great I.Q.


                                Knowledge is power. I'll leave it at that...
                                This is very entertaining to me. Considering I've held mutiple fed jobs over the past decade or so, including DO, I think I know a little about fed hiring.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5528 users online. 295 members and 5233 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X