Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoELoH View Post
    Do ICE agents move around like the military or Secret Service? Like every 3 - 4 years or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope

Comment

• Wanted to know all you guys opinion on my chances of getting a DO position, which I really want! (I selected Philadelphia's office)
      I also applied to the Secret Service (Special Agent position *under review* and to their UD position they had an opening this week), Passed the CBP written exam last month, DEA Diversion, BPA, and ATF Investigative Analyst.

I'm currently a graduate student (finished my undergrad degree) and have some internships under my belt that have given some great experience.

First, I was an intern for the Drug Enforcement Administration in the Camden Resident Office. I coordinated and interacted with numerous DEA Special Agents conducting a variety of investigations targeting drug trafficking organizations. In addition, during my internship with the DEA I utilized my bilingual ability to translate documents, recordings, multi and social media products from Spanish to English. Also, observed and participated in several tactical training events for the DEA to include firearms training, defensive tactics, and search warrant planning and execution.

As of September 2015 to present, I have been a student volunteer for Homeland Security Investigations in Philadelphia's field office. As an intern, I have assisted HSI Special Agents with various tasks. These tasks include: Translating undercover phone calls from Spanish to English, preparing case reports for prosecution, participating in bulk cash smuggling training, assist HSI Special Agents conduct surveillance on targets, and participating in confidential source interviews with HSI Special Agents. (SURVEILLANCE IS THE BEST! IT'S SO MUCH FUN SEEING THE TARGETS DOING THEIR DIRT )

I'm obviously extremely fluent in Spanish.
      I don't have military experience and I'm only a 22 year old young adult.

OH YEAH THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE INFORMATION YOU GUYS HAVE WROTE ON HERE. I READ THIS THREAD EVERYDAY, BUT TODAY I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO WRITE ON THIS WEBSITE.

PLEASE KEEP UPDATING THIS PAGE!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CF24 View Post
        Wanted to know all you guys opinion on my chances of getting a DO position, which I really want! (I selected Philadelphia's office)
        I also applied to the Secret Service (Special Agent position *under review* and to their UD position they had an opening this week), Passed the CBP written exam last month, DEA Diversion, BPA, and ATF Investigative Analyst.

I'm currently a graduate student (finished my undergrad degree) and have some internships under my belt that have given some great experience.

First, I was an intern for the Drug Enforcement Administration in the Camden Resident Office. I coordinated and interacted with numerous DEA Special Agents conducting a variety of investigations targeting drug trafficking organizations. In addition, during my internship with the DEA I utilized my bilingual ability to translate documents, recordings, multi and social media products from Spanish to English. Also, observed and participated in several tactical training events for the DEA to include firearms training, defensive tactics, and search warrant planning and execution.

As of September 2015 to present, I have been a student volunteer for Homeland Security Investigations in Philadelphia's field office. As an intern, I have assisted HSI Special Agents with various tasks. These tasks include: Translating undercover phone calls from Spanish to English, preparing case reports for prosecution, participating in bulk cash smuggling training, assist HSI Special Agents conduct surveillance on targets, and participating in confidential source interviews with HSI Special Agents. (SURVEILLANCE IS THE BEST! IT'S SO MUCH FUN SEEING THE TARGETS DOING THEIR DIRT )

I'm obviously extremely fluent in Spanish.
        I don't have military experience and I'm only a 22 year old young adult.

OH YEAH THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE INFORMATION YOU GUYS HAVE WROTE ON HERE. I READ THIS THREAD EVERYDAY, BUT TODAY I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO WRITE ON THIS WEBSITE.

PLEASE KEEP UPDATING THIS PAGE!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!
        Your chances are as good as everyone else! Good luck!

Comment

• Anyone applied for the Philadelphia's office? or the NJ/NY area?

Comment

Anyone applied for the Philadelphia's office? or the NJ/NY area?
            I did for the DHS and Public opening.

Comment

Anyone applied for the Philadelphia's office? or the NJ/NY area?
              I applied to Philly under the public announcement. Haven't heard anything at this point.

Comment

• ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

I was offered philly last time and chose another office. They should still have quite a few vacancies, the philly office includes all of Pa and West Virginia too.

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                  I was offered philly last time and chose another office. They should still have quite a few vacancies, the philly office includes all of Pa and West Virginia too.

I've read somewhere else before that West Virginia is covered by Philly, but had forgotten. Thanks for the reminder.

When they offered you the Philly office, did they specify if it was the Philly location or one of the sub-offices (not sure the proper terminology)?

Comment

• They offered me 3 offices Philly, York and one other.

Comment

• York would probably have kept you busy. I know they have the detention facility there.
                      Last edited by CJ511; 12-04-2015, 06:53 PM. Reason: Error

Comment

• Originally posted by GoELoH View Post
                        Do ICE agents move around like the military or Secret Service? Like every 3 - 4 years or so?

There are multiple DO's at my office who have never worked anywhere else. They are from the area and were hired to work in the area and now have been there 15+ years.

On the other hand, if you want to move within ERO, I believe there are more opportunities for promotion.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• What office you work in now? HSI or ERO? Just wondering.

Comment

• Yeah I know. Hopefully I can get Philadelphia, but I will go anywhere. I really want to stay in this area until I'm done grad school.

Comment

Yeah I know. Hopefully I can get Philadelphia, but I will go anywhere. I really want to stay in this area until I'm done grad school.
                              I'll be very busy in my office I chose lol the smaller office the more variety of work you'll do. Larger offices you could get stuck doing a certain thing for a while.

If you don't run a lot, you may want to start too by the way

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                                There are multiple DO's at my office who have never worked anywhere else. They are from the area and were hired to work in the area and now have been there 15+ years.

On the other hand, if you want to move within ERO, I believe there are more opportunities for promotion.
                                Oh ok..thanks..the last announcement I applied for was ERO.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6819 users online. 340 members and 6479 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X