Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ziggymahoneys View Post
    So are they failing people on their backgrounds because they had failed a poly with another agency. Is that even legal? I meet with my investigator on Friday and I have failed 2 in the past 3 years. Was never told why I assume its because im a liar but have held a TS as a fed leo for 9 years.
    Agreed I don't think they can hold a poly from another agency against you

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ziggymahoneys View Post
      So are they failing people on their backgrounds because they had failed a poly with another agency. Is that even legal? I meet with my investigator on Friday and I have failed 2 in the past 3 years. Was never told why I assume its because im a liar but have held a TS as a fed leo for 9 years.
      That's what I don't understand. It's like they go completely off a damn poly when those things aren't consistent or accurate. I don't think they're failing, they're requesting more info on it I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by DFAB1986 View Post
        Just received a packet in the mail today I assume regarding my BI asking me questions and such. I went through the hiring process for CBP as well last year and went to take the polygraph and they said they couldn't get an accurate read on me because of my breathing. Because of that, they didn't administer the test and they said they would mail me another date to take the test. I got that letter in the mail but instead of another chance at taking the test, they said "thanks but no thanks" and that was the end of that. So I never even TOOK the test, but apparently it went on my record as a failed test because that's what it says in my ICE paperwork. How nice..
        Got that too. They gave me 10 days to respond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
          I should be getting one of those too. I took it twice and both times inconclusive, even though I was telling 100% truth, nervous as can be though. I told the dude to do the background check and they'll see I'm clean.. He said nope.. My thing is that an inconclusive test is not a fail.. It's just not passing. It's in the middle. No pass but no fail. I got hired somewhere else where the polygraph was inconclusive and they did background and hired me. Background confirmed I was clean.

I really hope that's not gonna be an issue with ICE otherwise I'm done... This worries me now.
          That's basically what happened to me....it was INCONCLUSIVE....not a FAIL. But ICE is asking why I FAILED the test. Hopefully it's a non issue...

Comment

• I wonder how long this will hold background for..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Poly

Originally posted by Lunytunezpr View Post
              I wonder how long this will hold background for..

How do you explain why you did not pass but did not fail? Did you get a letter from the examiner to present in cases like this... if not, wouldn't it be better if ICE contacted the examiner to hear his opinion.. my sense is that no matter what you come up with to explain will only be seen as an excuse.... they might simply say... if you did not have something to hide you would've passed- which is what the examiner probably believes in the first place... One guy already mentioned that his breathing pattern was off and was not allowed to test... yet he was recorded as failure without even taking the test...

In any event, this could slow the process down.. and positions could be filled by the time things are cleared.... I sincerely hope this is not the case for you guys..

I have a secret service poly coming up.. but, maybe I should stall the process until I clear ICE BI... just in case ... I have nothing to hide... just don't want to take the chance and flip the coin against this machine.

Comment

• I got a call from a 214 number today and about had a heart attack. "Hello, you have been pre-selected for our home security system...."

W

T

F

Comment

• The polygraph is quack bs "science". Taken 3. Passed 1 failed 1 inconclusive on the other. Answered the same. Took one for Border Patrol in 2014 and passed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvboy View Post
                    How do you explain why you did not pass but did not fail? Did you get a letter from the examiner to present in cases like this... if not, wouldn't it be better if ICE contacted the examiner to hear his opinion.. my sense is that no matter what you come up with to explain will only be seen as an excuse.... they might simply say... if you did not have something to hide you would've passed- which is what the examiner probably believes in the first place... One guy already mentioned that his breathing pattern was off and was not allowed to test... yet he was recorded as failure without even taking the test...

In any event, this could slow the process down.. and positions could be filled by the time things are cleared.... I sincerely hope this is not the case for you guys..

I have a secret service poly coming up.. but, maybe I should stall the process until I clear ICE BI... just in case ... I have nothing to hide... just don't want to take the chance and flip the coin against this machine.

No idea how to answer that other than say I was telling the truth and they can check all my info for that job and this one. Nothing will change because it's all the truth. Nothing to hide. They can take 6 months for all I care as long as I'm cleared and offered a job. If they're gonna deny, might as well let me know ahead of time so I'm not in limbo for months.

Comment

• Anyone else have had any success with the Med review email? I have sent one to that address each week. No response

Comment

• Originally posted by justwantachance View Post
                        Anyone else have had any success with the Med review email? I have sent one to that address each week. No response

They don't answer emails.

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                          They don't answer emails.
                          Thanks man. Ill just go back to the sitting, waiting, and hitting refresh.[emoji57]

Comment

• Originally posted by justwantachance View Post
                            Thanks man. Ill just go back to the sitting, waiting, and hitting refresh.[emoji57]

They don't answer emails, calls, texts or smoke signals.saddle down for the long haul

Comment

• They answered my email in like a week or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                                They don't answer emails, calls, texts or smoke signals.saddle down for the long haul
                                I disagree. I did get a response from sending smoke signals. Granted, it was the fire department but hey...a response is a response right?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 108008 users online. 166 members and 107842 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X