Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cvboy View Post
    I thought, going to the one that was held earlier would give me lead way, especialy because I anticipated hickups due to VA ratings.. Could not go to the first two because of work schedule conflict..
    Agreed and a smart move on your part. It should be worth it in the end for you, cvboy. If I would have put in for Dallas, LA, or Tampa... my wife would have wanted to tag along.... so X everything by 2, cost wise! NO thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by cvboy View Post
      I spent over $1000.. For one stop.. Lol.. Travel and hotel from Boston to Tampa... Food etc..
      Be sure you keep receipts for ur 2016 taxes since the IRS will care more then ICE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Rule #1 Never put all your eggs in one basket

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleanguy15 View Post
          Be sure you keep receipts for ur 2016 taxes since the IRS will care more then ICE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Haha, I wonder if you could claim that as a work-related deduction...

Comment

• Originally posted by STG2_W View Post
            Haha, I wonder if you could claim that as a work-related deduction...
            Doubt it.

But I'm not a tax expert lol

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentDiNozzo View Post
              Also wanted to chase some advice on a rat squad NOPA I got the other day. Sure glad they can Fedex overnight insults. Cost effective.

Anyway, correct me if I am wrong but isn't the backstopping required for this particular job and associated Secret clearance seven years? I checked the SF86 that we all submitted(some of us twice in eight months) and it does say seven years for jobs, crimes, etc. These wannabe cops are seriously concerned about a non LEO job I didn't get with the FBI from a few years back, and by a few I mean NINE YEARS AGO IN 2007!

I have no criminal record, my last traffic infraction was 2005, I've been toting a badge for multiple years at multiple agencies with numerous awards and outstanding annual evals not to mention my current, valid Secret clearance and federal LEO position. Patrol, plain clothes, etc. And they want to talk about something totally irrelevant to everybody but the rat squad at OPR.

So I call the the clowns down Farmers Branch way and talk to the simplest of stooges in the history of the land part of earth. The more I ask questions the weaker he gets and he finally ends it with submit whatever you want but it won't matter because I've never had my boss overturn anything in my tenure at OPR and hung up.

I'm weighing my options. Respond, ignore and call my member of parliament, file an in person gripe with DHS OIG or maybe cruise down to the USAO and Circuit Court and put in for a warrant for fraud, obstruction and a few 5CFR's.

Dura lex sed lex
              What was the deal with the FBI job? Did you get fired, found ineligible for the security clearance or something?

And the timespan on the ICE clearance is 7 years for most things, but some questions ask "have you ever", which covers your whole life.

Comment

• Originally posted by N8 View Post
                What was the deal with the FBI job? Did you get fired, found ineligible for the security clearance or something?

And the timespan on the ICE clearance is 7 years for most things, but some questions ask "have you ever", which covers your whole life.
                I took a poly for a non LEO, admin job at the FBI back in 2008 and the results were inconclusive. It was the first poly I took and wasn't ready for the junk science machine at all. I've taken multiple polygraphs since for LEO positions and passed all of them.

I just wanted to verify with others that it was seven years as I was mostly sure. I'm not even sure that job had a security clearance. I have now and have had for many years at least a secret clearance and have never had a problem passing a background investigation. That's probably why I am so mad about this upcoming fight. Non cops with zero uses are judging us based on their need to keep a job. If they didn't trump up some absolute fringe nonsense on people once in a while, the SES crowd might start wondering why all these GS13's and above are cutting into the limited budget if they aren't accomplishing d**k. The a**clown who I called yesterday told me that I was his fourth case in over a year and after he called me a dishonest liar told me I should seek other avenues. Really? Let's compare lockups and new school gangsters removed and see who should be popping off at the lip to whom.

And it took them over ten months to put together their insults letter on top of it. Obey the law and come try me rats. Done. Rant over. Have a pleasant day.

Comment

I took a poly for a non LEO, admin job at the FBI back in 2008 and the results were inconclusive. It was the first poly I took and wasn't ready for the junk science machine at all. I've taken multiple polygraphs since for LEO positions and passed all of them.

I just wanted to verify with others that it was seven years as I was mostly sure. I'm not even sure that job had a security clearance. I have now and have had for many years at least a secret clearance and have never had a problem passing a background investigation. That's probably why I am so mad about this upcoming fight. Non cops with zero uses are judging us based on their need to keep a job. If they didn't trump up some absolute fringe nonsense on people once in a while, the SES crowd might start wondering why all these GS13's and above are cutting into the limited budget if they aren't accomplishing d**k. The a**clown who I called yesterday told me that I was his fourth case in over a year and after he called me a dishonest liar told me I should seek other avenues. Really? Let's compare lockups and new school gangsters removed and see who should be popping off at the lip to whom.

And it took them over ten months to put together their insults letter on top of it. Obey the law and come try me rats. Done. Rant over. Have a pleasant day.
                  Before they sent you the NOPA, did they do a second interview or send you a request for written clarification? What is the issue they have?

Comment

• Damn, you have some next level anger dude. The people working hiring and security aren't out to get you. They are people just trying to do their jobs. The security clearance process is all kinds of difficult now because of "reforms" put into place after Eric Snowden's shenanigans, not based on people wanting to play games.

What I'm guessing happened with the limited information we have is that the FBI must have denied you for a clearance. Im pretty sure that is one of the "have you ever questions".

In any case, arguing with them to the point they hang up on you or otherwise loose their temper isn't gonna help. I don't think that they would purposefully hinder your application process on account of arguing with them, but it definitely isn't the best way to rectify the issues at hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                      Before they sent you the NOPA, did they do a second interview or send you a request for written clarification? What is the issue they have?
                      That's just it. I was never interviewed since my last clearance was vindicated in May of 2015 with another agency and then again in January of 2014 with DOD. There was no interview, no chat with any investigators, nothing until a NOPA about not getting hired by the Hoover boys eight or so years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by N8 View Post
                        Damn, you have some next level anger dude. The people working hiring and security aren't out to get you. They are people just trying to do their jobs. The security clearance process is all kinds of difficult now because of "reforms" put into place after Eric Snowden's shenanigans, not based on people wanting to play games.

What I'm guessing happened with the limited information we have is that the FBI must have denied you for a clearance. Im pretty sure that is one of the "have you ever questions".

In any case, arguing with them to the point they hang up on you or otherwise loose their temper isn't gonna help. I don't think that they would purposefully hinder your application process on account of arguing with them, but it definitely isn't the best way to rectify the issues at hand.
                        Trust and believe that you'd be ultra angry if they pulled this crap on you. You'd be even angrier if it was outside the scope of the process and you were already in possession of a clearance that is granted by the same people that grants clearances to ICE employees.

Also, I am in possession of documentation from the FBI that says specifically that not being hired is not a denial of a security clearance. It's standard boilerplate for everybody they don't hire.

And while you sit there on your soapbox, I had a clearance when I didn't get hired by the FBI.

I'm not trying to derail the point of this thread. If anybody wants to continue this discussion, PM me. And I do appreciate constructively formulated ideas.

Comment

Trust and believe that you'd be ultra angry if they pulled this crap on you. You'd be even angrier if it was outside the scope of the process and you were already in possession of a clearance that is granted by the same people that grants clearances to ICE employees.

Also, I am in possession of documentation from the FBI that says specifically that not being hired is not a denial of a security clearance. It's standard boilerplate for everybody they don't hire.

And while you sit there on your soapbox, I had a clearance when I didn't get hired by the FBI.

I'm not trying to derail the point of this thread. If anybody wants to continue this discussion, PM me. And I do appreciate constructively formulated ideas.
                          I'm definitely not on any soapbox, just stating my opinion. I don't think I'd be angry if I was in your shoes, I'd be very concerned and trying my best to address whatever problem they had with my background. If that means sending them an appeal or whatever that is what I'd be doing. But everyone clearly has their own style. In my experience I've found that working with people and treating them with respect is better than having an attitude with them (even with badguys).

From what I know about BIs, which is a little bit, what your saying isn't jiving. If you were found unsuitable for employment prior to being hired it shouldnt come up as an issue at all. But clearances are diffrent now, and this one with ICE is an SSBI, which is diffrent than a normal SECRET clearance. And the scope on some areas is EVER, meaning your whole life. In addition, clearances from diffrent gov departments have diffrent standards and are usually not exclusively transferable. So just because you have a SECRET with agency X doesn't mean jack to agency Y. Personally I had a TS with ICE when I got hired, and they still went out and interviewed, in person, all of my contacts and stuff for a SECRET within the same agency. Why? Who knows, who cares. Just gotta play the game sometimes.

But what they said it is true, if you dont want to play along you can back out and move on with your life. No one came to you and asked you to join ICE or is forcing you to apply, you came to ICE and asked for a job.

Comment

• Anyone have a phone number for medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by jeff_mason View Post
                              Anyone have a phone number for medical?
                              Scroll through the thread. All those numbers are posted

Comment

• Finally got the call. Going back home after 7 1/2 years with bp. Eod at the field office 5/29.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5553 users online. 299 members and 5254 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X