Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICE ERO Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-1511464-DEU-MJ)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was an honest mistake and I do have a USA JOBS Federal Resume I don't know why I selected my secret service one : / ...if I get it I get it if I don't I don't

Comment

• Let's get back to the topic and NavyMa2 just pay attention next time mistakes happen. If they want you they will choose you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        I attached my resume "private format" to USAjobs back in 2010 and was later picked up by the Patrol in 2011. I guess at the time, I felt it was ok since I wasn't federal. That said, I've since made a USAjobs resume and have used it ever since including for the most recent Deportation announcement. Good luck.
        I was worried at first but now im like "Whatever" I just hope for the best and continue to grind....

Comment

• Originally posted by NavyMa2 View Post
          I was worried at first but now im like "Whatever" I just hope for the best and continue to grind....
          That's all we can do. Gotta stay optimistic and keep preparing for when the time comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4ston View Post
            That's all we can do. Gotta stay optimistic and keep preparing for when the time comes.
            I really appreciate that..... I used to compare myself to other people but looking back at it now all that did was drive me insane appling for these federal jobs,this is the first time that I am really happy about my submission and not really worried. I just made an honest mistake. Good luck to you and all those who applied for any federal agency. Happy Holidays

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
              13,000........well, I guess I should keep my head up. =\

I applied for Dallas, too.

And I had no idea it's better to use the resume builder than your own resume. I'm curious if that's why I wasn't getting referred for a lot of positions. I mean, outside FLE jobs where they a lot of openings, like the CBP and USSS. I would always get the, "Even though you were qualified, better qualifed applicants are moving forward" emails.
              Federal resumes and all other resumes are two very different animals. Outside of federal service, a regular resume more than two pages long would be considered annoying and tossed aside. In federal service, there are specific requirements for resumes and "the longer, the better" applies. Always use the USAJobs resume builder; there is no reason to use anything else for the average federal worker or job seeker.

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                Federal resumes and all other resumes are two very different animals. Outside of federal service, a regular resume more than two pages long would be considered annoying and tossed aside. In federal service, there are specific requirements for resumes and "the longer, the better" applies. Always use the USAJobs resume builder; there is no reason to use anything else for the average federal worker or job seeker.
                Just be careful when doing so, sometimes errors happen on usajobs resume because it's all full in the blank/drop down menus. I've seen it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I do have a federal resume in pdf form I've created. It's just not the resume builder. But I'll go ahead and use the resume builder for future applications.
                  CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                  02/28/14-TSL Received
                  03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                  07/01/14-VBT/SI
                  07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                  07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• I imagine this will have a lot of transfers from BP and CBP. Any idea how many they plan to hire?

Comment

• No clue, only bp are exempt from the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ldfergu View Post
                        Any idea of how many they plan to hire??
                        Rumor here is that we may be getting 1-2 from the opening. Not sure if they are coming to our office, or one of the sub offices.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by nojustice View Post
                          There is no PT test to get hired. You have a step test / pushup test at the medical exam you have to do.
                          so no PT test, no poly graph, no nothing?

what kind of FLEO job is this?

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                            You used a private format resume and not the usajobs resume builder format? That's you're first mistake.

Depends. It makes a lot of sense to keep different ones on hand for different job series. Otherwise you have to keep going back into the builder to change things.

Comment

• Originally posted by geek4life View Post

A great one so don't complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by geek4life View Post

There is a PT test, it's a joke. That's why people think pt in the academy will be a joke too and it's not lol. The pt test was push-ups(maybe 16-20)in 2 minutes, 5 min step test on a 18" platform and a stand/kneel test where you start off prone,get on one knee then the other, get back down on your knees and hold you hands out for 2 minutes like you are gold in a gun in the high ready position.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9860 users online. 468 members and 9392 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X