Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they just toss that other announcement a bunch of people applied to in November? I'm sure they had an ish ton of applicants apply for the DC vacancy.

Comment

• My guess would be that they didn't have enough of what they were looking for in the last announcement and they want to gather a larger pool of candidates to draw from for recruiting purposes...ie applicants with actual police experience and not just high school graduates

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• They still have them, if you try to apply under this announcement but had applied to the one in Dec. The system will say "you already applied to this announcement". Also my buddy who is on APD said they are still keeping the names of all those who applied in Dec.

Comment

• Amtrak New Haven, CT

Application Period is Closed.
          Last edited by firefighter-emt; 05-02-2016, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• I'm still waiting to hear something back from the DC announcement and Baltimore.

Comment

• firefighter..any idea how many positions they are looking to fill in New Haven?

Comment

• Unfortunately, I do not know how many they plan to hire.

Comment

• Hey guys im new to the forum. I applied to the opening in New Haven about 3 weeks ago. How long does it take usually to get hired?

Comment

• Originally posted by Future_Leo91 View Post
                    Hey guys im new to the forum. I applied to the opening in New Haven about 3 weeks ago. How long does it take usually to get hired?
                    Hired? I think you may be putting the cart before the horse my friend. Amtrak is one of the most competitive uniformed police agencies associated with the federal government. I think the better question is how long does it take for the first of many steps to begin. If I am not mistaken guys haven't heard anything regarding an announcement for the DC area stemming from November/December 2015 so that may put it in perspective of how long these things take.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                      Hired? I think you may be putting the cart before the horse my friend. Amtrak is one of the most competitive uniformed police agencies associated with the federal government. I think the better question is how long does it take for the first of many steps to begin. If I am not mistaken guys haven't heard anything regarding an announcement for the DC area stemming from November/December 2015 so that may put it in perspective of how long these things take.
                      People been waiting is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                        I've applied to the NYC posting (about 6 months ago), certified NYS LEO. I'm just curious as to why these positions are so sought-after, the starting pay is pretty low?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pats1123 View Post
                          I've applied to the NYC posting (about 6 months ago), certified NYS LEO. I'm just curious as to why these positions are so sought-after, the starting pay is pretty low?
                          Great retirement is the number 1 reason why for me and then you can get into specialty units like K-9 and/or SWAT travel across U.S.

Comment

• Anyone get invited for the NHV testing?

Comment

• Ya, got invited to new haven testing...got an email on friday

Comment

• Sacramento, CA

SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
                                Performs general police duties, processes and operations for the protection of life and property and enforces federal, state and local laws, prevents crime and preserves peace in a railroad surface transportation environment.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
                                Note: The following are NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed but a representative sample of the primary duties and responsibilities.
                                • Responsible for the safety and protection of all persons, including passengers, employees and property.
                                • Performs patrol duties on foot and in a police vehicle for prolonged periods of time.
                                • Performs security and safety activities at incidents, including, but not limited to, derailments, floods, fires, hazardous material incidents, special trains, and company functions involving railroad property and responsibility.
                                • Responds to call for service and assistance, identifies hazards and takes proactive steps to resolve problems.
                                • Arrests and detains offenders, conducts thorough preliminary and follow-up investigations to solve crimes and reduce criminal opportunities, conducts searches and seizures and serves warrants.
                                • Effectively deals with individuals under various circumstances to resolve disputes and neutralize hostilities, mediates disputes; assists individuals who are sick and need assistance, administers first aid when necessary.
                                • Maintains proficiency and safely operates police equipment, including vehicles, computers and weapons, including a firearm.
                                • Communicates verbally in person and by radio; presents testimony and evidence in administrative, civil and criminal proceedings; maintains open line of communications with law enforcement and criminal justice agencies, internal and external partners, as necessary or when directed.
                                • Records information and prepares a variety of detailed reports with clearly organized thoughts and conclusions.
                                • Reads, interprets and applies federal, state and local laws and regulations, railroad and department policies and procedures.

WORK EXPERIENCE:
                                • Must be 21 years of age
                                • Must possess a valid driver’s license at time of appointment
                                • Must be able to pass all components of the police application process, including:
                                a written examination,
                                a physical agility test meeting the following standards:
                                Bench Press: 57% of applicant’s weight
                                Illinois Agility run: 20.6 seconds
                                300 meter run: 92 seconds
                                push ups: 12
                                1.5 mile run: 19:45 minutes;
                                a job related physical examination
                                a psychological examination
                                an in-depth background investigation.

PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
                                • Associate Degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university.
                                • Current California POST (Peace Officer Standards and Training) Basic certificate or higher.
                                • Ability to obtain a railroad police commission from the State of California.

Requisition ID:20182
                                Posting Location(s):California
                                Job Family/Function:Safety & Security
                                Relocation Offered:No
                                Education Requirements:High School/GED
                                Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
                                Employment Experience Requirements:1 - 3 years of experience

Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.

We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.

We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.

All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
                                Last edited by firefighter-emt; 05-29-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12136 users online. 446 members and 11690 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X